HDR photos

• Thread starter doogle510
  • 1,297 comments
I would say that the Evora picture is as good as GT5 allows you to get it. Technically, to me it just looks like a good photo with a touch too much shadow on the vehicle, and a bit too much background noise. Overall, its not a great photo, but it is definitely very clean.

The secret, in my opinion, to using HDR, is using it. There is very little reason to attempt an HDR in this shot, its well lit, the shadows are hiding VERY LITTLE detail, and there is no sky. Finding the Light balance like this, means ONE SHOT, and you are done.

Perhaps the location, is just bad... like people have stated, Not only is the lighting model insufficient for HDR, the textures in the background, get very pixelated, generally showing off the fact that they are there.

Generally speaking, If you are PLANNING on taking pictures for HDR or DRO, you want to find different light balances, even to the point of a day night cycle.

I find that the best HDR photos on GT5, come from a track that has no day night cycle, but is at night. since the game allows you to use the EV balance past 1.0

Also using Fusion, will defeat alot of the noise generated, but also will leave the photo feeling on mildly improved... which in the case of the Evora photo, seems unnoticeable to me.

I no longer Own a PS3... so I likely won't be posting any more shots... These are touch ups from an HDR I did a few pages back... which are pretty much what I was trying to get out of the HDR

7497982624_6d7d72bde1_b.jpg

My first attempt with HDR, heavily edited I guess? What you think?

486423_377964352270336_1178998455_n.jpg
To be honest..It's way too strong and probably is made from just one photo? If you have just one photo, edit lightly with HDR, that's my tip.

To be honest..It's way too strong and probably is made from just one photo? If you have just one photo, edit lightly with HDR, that's my tip.

Thanks for the tip, I do have other photos to edit, but that´s the only 1 I have edited, I´ll edit lightly to see how it will look, then I share it here again.

reposted from the American Muscle thread, my first two attempts in HDR (many many months ago) using bracketed images then merging with photomatix. I hope it looks HDR-ish

Back