Heldenzeit's Garage.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Heldenzeit
  • 102 comments
  • 4,545 views
Yes, I am changing those lame 90's chrome wheels. They probably weigh 45 lbs each.:lol: Fiske makes some good looking wheels, as does BBS, so thats probably what I'll go with.


.....

Long term, I want to switch out the slushbox to a T-56 6-speed, but that might be awhile.

Don't change the wheels. I think they are awesome looking, better than any bbs or Fiske wheel you'll get!


6-speed ftw!
 
Yeah factory new stuff of course, but you go to the wreckers for all the parts for the conversion, do it yourself and it will be much much cheaper
Much cheaper being a relative term, as costs could still easily exceed 10 grand using used parts.

socomplayer2
Don't change the wheels. I think they are awesome looking, better than any bbs or Fiske wheel you'll get!
Even so, they are hella heavy.
 
Last edited:
You can always sell the Wheels to V Dub people :)
 
Do Corvette Wheels even fit Volkswagens? Besides, they're 17s at best, just really heavy.
 
Nice looking vette dude!

Maybe with the tranny swap you could do a motor swap too. **cough** LS9 **cough**
 
Last edited:
Do Corvette Wheels even fit Volkswagens? Besides, they're 17s at best, just really heavy.

PCD is probably not matching,but they are always making various adapters and spacers.
 
Haha don't you just love mis-matched comparisons!
 
Personally, I like the C6 Z06 wheels better. They look cleaner in design, and looki way easier to clean when they get dirty from brake dust.

Yes, my stock wheels suck.

But they would fit on a BMW (Same bolt pattern).
 
What about the standard five spokes that you find on a normal C6? I'm not a huge fan of ripping parts from one car to another, usually making it look all mixed up, but this might work. I don't care for the Z06 ones so much though.
 
Just go with the C4 ZR-1 wheels...

5036.jpg


They look good on almost any Chevrolet product you stick them on. Plus, you can get replica wheels for dirt cheap.
 
Ya I didn't expect it to be the same in other parts of the world, or even different states. I just can't really imagine why the insurance company would care though? It just seems easier if they wouldn't insure the parts you replaced.
They care so they can increase your rates, even though they want you to think it's because they don't want to cover the costs. They've tried to do it with me, wondering where I got the extra horses over a regular TL & the wheels til' I told them it was a higher model that was stock, not a modified car.

They want nothing but money. :grumpy:
Just go with the C4 ZR-1 wheels...

5036.jpg


They look good on almost any Chevrolet product you stick them on. Plus, you can get replica wheels for dirt cheap.
+1. I personally, after seeing the picture, think the C6/Z06 wheels would look tacky.
 
Much cheaper being a relative term, as costs could still easily exceed 10 grand using used parts.

Yeah? Seems very excessive.
 
5035-36b.jpg


How bout those? I think they would look great on that car, 17x9.5 up front with some beefy 17x11's out back.

And they are less than $500 for all four wheels :sly:
 
Reventón;3121342
They care so they can increase your rates, even though they want you to think it's because they don't want to cover the costs. They've tried to do it with me, wondering where I got the extra horses over a regular TL & the wheels til' I told them it was a higher model that was stock, not a modified car.

They want nothing but money. :grumpy:

My insurance company doesn't anything about the car, they just don't bother to cover it. A perfect example is when my Blazer got broken into the insurance company refused to cover me sound system because I had not told them about it but they paid for the replacement of stock radio sans the $500 deductible.I think you just need to shop around and ask questions with different companies, or it also could be how things are in your state.
 
So I've decided to change this thread to represent the other cars that are in my family's garage. We are a high performance family, so gearheads should be interested.:)

This is my dad's daily driver. It is a 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8. It has an Airaid intake, a Fitch fuel saver, (it actually works) and a Throttle body spacer.



Here is a little teaser for the next update.

 
El Camino. Late '60s-70s, correct?
 
zr1 wheels look nice but so do the ones on your car. (just not the chrome :dopey:)
 
El Camino. Late '60s-70s, correct?

Damn you got here first. Your family has a very nice garage, my conclusion: You're all rich.:dopey:
 
I would go with a 1970 'Camino.
 
Yes, it is a 1970 El Camino.


my conclusion: You're all rich.
My dad works really hard to be able to afford the things we have. Truthfully, he is a salesman.:scared: I have a huge amount of respect for my dad. We may be wealthy, but we are not snobs about it. Before anyone asks, they did not buy me my Vette.






....and this is only half of the garage.
 
Yes, it is a 1970 El Camino.



My dad works really hard to be able to afford the things we have. Truthfully, he is a salesman.:scared: I have a huge amount of respect for my dad. We may be wealthy, but we are not snobs about it. Before anyone asks, they did not buy me my Vette.






....and this is only half of the garage.

👍
 
Here's some more pics I took.



Yay flip up lights!:)
 
Wow, that really shows how wide your rear tyres are, makes mine look pretty average.:dopey:
 
The funny part was that they were always that wide on the C4, going back to 1984 when the car came with a 4 speed, 200 horsepower and no suspension to speak of.
 
The front tyres are 255/40ZR17s.

I wonder how much wider I can go here? These will do for now.

The C4 ZR-1 has 305 spec rear tyres stock!:eek:
 
The front tyres are 255/40ZR17s.

I wonder how much wider I can go here? These will do for now.

The C4 ZR-1 has 305 spec rear tyres stock!:eek:


Cuz your wheels are probably 10.5" and the Zr-1 are 11. Some big ole wheels.

The fronts are prolly in the 9 - 9.5 range. I don't know for certain on the style wheels tho.
 
Back