Heldenzeit's Garage.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Heldenzeit
  • 102 comments
  • 4,545 views
Hmm your 'Vette is winking. Better fix the headlight motor!
 
Bad news, the Vette is in the shop. :ouch:

As I was leaving for school the other day, the car's check engine light, ASR light, and security light came on all at once. Also, the digital speedo went to 0 mph and the digital temperature gauge went to "low" degrees, even though the analog temp gauge was at normal temperature. The car ran really rich, there was a lot of smoke and it smelled terrible.

I managed to get the car to my trusted shop (it almost stalled on me twice) and left it there for them to diagnose the problem.

....Apparently the car needs a new Powertrain Control Module. The OBD wouldnt retrieve any codes, which condemmed the computer. They said that when they would knock on the computer, the car would go from running bad to running fine again.

This repair will cost me $500 about due to the fact that GM discontinued the computer. They have to send the computer out to Indiana to have it reprogramed, which will take about a week.

....So i'll be driving to school in my grandpa's PT Cruiser automatic. :trouble:

Yay American engineering!
 
Now, before they send it back, ask them to do some fiddling with it.
 
Yay American engineering!

All electronics fail eventually... Doesn't matter where they came from. The ECM in my T/A failed a couple years ago and I think it was $200 for a remanufactured one. But thats becasue GM used that particular computer in a lot of cars from '86 to '89, so they're still pretty easy to get ahold of. Yours was used in only '92 and '93 and only in Corvettes and LT1 F-bodies if I remember correctly, so I guess thats why it's not so readily availible. That's a real bummer though. I hope it works out for you.
 
This is our other project. 588hp 427cu in.

Going in this:



This is our 55' Chevy two door wagon (non-Nomad) that is built to be a gasser. We have had this car for about eight years now and it is finally coming along. The car had just come back from paint and it is a Mercedes colour called "Dünkelblau". I will post more pics as they come.:)



holly
mother
of
all
GTP
projects.

incredible. I'll follow SUIT if you keep us updated on that. hell, even just keep ME updated. It's already looking insane. Going to radius the rear wheelwells? bowl air intakes over the carbs? gold Morosso valve covers? wrinkle wall slicks? white headers, PLEASE white headers!!!
 
Do they go crazy-insane like they did in the nasty, too-80s-even-for-me early C4s whenever someone points a radar gun at you?
1001758ji3ni6.jpg

Oh man those are freaking awesome!

 
holly
mother
of
all
GTP
projects.

incredible. I'll follow SUIT if you keep us updated on that. hell, even just keep ME updated. It's already looking insane. Going to radius the rear wheelwells? bowl air intakes over the carbs? gold Morosso valve covers? wrinkle wall slicks? white headers, PLEASE white headers!!!


Yes, it will have white headers and bowl intakes. Its gonna have glasspacks too.




 
Last edited:
What's with white headers?
 
Ok sweet....

I took my car into the shop on November 6th. The PCM was sent out that day and was to be back in 10-15 business days. Today is December 2nd....

I AM GOING INSANE!!!!!:scared:
 
Alright cool!! After one month, 11 days 2 hours, and 5 min, I have finally gotten my Corvette back!

I took it to myself to find a new PCM because the shop that was repairing it was taking WAY too long. So I made some calls and I found a computer in Arizona. I had the original sent back to me for the PROM, and she's running again!!! WOOHOO!!!

It is so nice to have my girl back, it makes me appreciate it so much more.:)

Will upload new photos as they come.
 
Back