Heldenzeit's Garage.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Heldenzeit
  • 102 comments
  • 4,545 views
For the base 'Vette, the front had 255/45ZR17 tires on 8.5 inch wide wheels and the rear had 285/40ZR17 tires on 9.5 inch wide wheels. The ZR-1 had 275/40ZR17 front tires on 9.5 inch wide wheels and 315/35ZR17 tires on the rear with 11 inch wide wheels.
 
Needs proper ZR-1 rolling stock then.

It will grab well I do believe...
 
Had the wheels and tyres off at school today. Found out that my brake pads are only at 20% remaining life.:grumpy:


 
An excuse to get better ones.:D
 


27.6 average mpg. W00T! Wow, I love this car. Good mileage, awesome power for passing, comfortable, awesome handling, and chicks dig it.:sly:
 
Digital readouts FTW!

I wonder how good mileage it would get with the 6L80.
 
Yeah, that would be cool.

As for the digi-guages, it has oil temp, coolant temp, miles, trip, avg mpg, instant mpg, remaining fuel, range, volts, and speedometer. Which can all be converted to metric.
 
Do they go crazy-insane like they did in the nasty, too-80s-even-for-me early C4s whenever someone points a radar gun at you?
1001758ji3ni6.jpg
 
Do they go crazy-insane like they did in the nasty, too-80s-even-for-me early C4s whenever someone points a radar gun at you?
1001758ji3ni6.jpg

If that's true, I don't mind the 80's look. Free radar detector.
 
I dont think so, mostly because I usually go below 70mph on the freeway so cops dont even bother with me.:)

....But because of that I somtimes get passed up by Mitsubishi Fusos.:indiff:
 
For reference:
r6bz2.jpg


@ Heldenzeit: Aren't you glad you got a post-1991 Corvette?
 
For reference:
r6bz2.jpg


@ Heldenzeit: Aren't you glad you got a post-1991 Corvette?


Certainly. The first C4 I drove was an 88. The interior is very outdated and ugly. I love my interior.:)
 
For reference:
r6bz2.jpg


@ Heldenzeit: Aren't you glad you got a post-1991 Corvette?

OK, even for someone who couldn't care less about interiors much, I'll admit that is ugly. Parts of it look '80s retro appropriate, the rest looks hideous. (Especially the glovebox)
 
27.6 mpg, not too shabby! That's about what I get driving aggressively in the city. Highway = ~33-37mpg. I didn't know Corvettes could get such good gas mileage, really for an engine that size, that's impressive.
 
Even my Ute only gets 25mpg with a 3.8L V6, but I've got loads of room to improve with aero and engine efficiency, my brother gets ~30mpg with his.

Edit: That's the average of our driving, I drive pretty aggressively.:sly:
 
Im kind of a hypermiller too. If the traffic allows me to go 65 or below, I will. I also coast in neutral to stoplights and jackrabbit starts are a no-no.

I bet on a longer trip I could get over 28mpg though.:sly:
 
So Heldenzeit, what's the dealio with the 'Camino? BTW, do I get a prize for guessing correctly? :p
 
Oh right, I forgot to take pics of that.:scared:

And our other classic got back from the paint shop a few days ago too.:)
 
I also coast in neutral to stoplights

You're better off staying in gear slowing for lights or junctions and declutching as you pull to a halt. If you're coasting in neutral the car is using fuel to keep the engine ticking over. However, if you stay in gear until the last second, the car won't be using much fuel at all, if any, as effectively the road is turning the engine as opposed to combustion turning it. 👍
 
You're better off staying in gear slowing for lights or junctions and declutching as you pull to a halt. If you're coasting in neutral the car is using fuel to keep the engine ticking over. However, if you stay in gear until the last second, the car won't be using much fuel at all, if any, as effectively the road is turning the engine as opposed to combustion turning it. 👍

Well, he has no clutch as it's a slushbox... But yeah, point stands.
 
I was thinking of you today, when we beat a C4 Corvette in a drag with a VT SS at Powercruise, best day I've had possibly ever.:) (We were running around the track, not the drag strip)
 
Well, he has no clutch as it's a slushbox... But yeah, point stands.

Ah, well autos are poor on fuel economy regardless of what you do :sly: Cheers for pointing that out, I missed it.
 
Haha I didn't know Mid America Motorworks did Corvette parts too, I thought they only did VW parts.
 
Here are some more pics.



This is our other project. 588hp 427cu in.

Going in this:



This is our 55' Chevy two door wagon (non-Nomad) that is built to be a gasser. We have had this car for about eight years now and it is finally coming along. The car had just come back from paint and it is a Mercedes colour called "Dünkelblau". I will post more pics as they come.:)
 
Back