Hello from Team_Skills

• Thread starter EMW-FZERO
  • 138 comments
Nice site.. 👍

...I really hope you lot will find the WRS at some point. It's the main point that kept gt5p living for so long for many of us. And regardless of skillz_levels you'll find people of the same pace to race / compete with 👍

Nice site.. 👍

...I really hope you lot will find the WRS at some point. It's the main point that kept gt5p living for so long for many of us. And regardless of skillz_levels you'll find people of the same pace to race / compete with 👍
I was planning on registering for it, it looks really good.

Great!! Thanks for joining Sigma!! I was reading the wrs thingy and it says you have to create a GTP account. Does that mean I have to make a whole new ps3 account? Cause I'm not willing to do that.

Great!! Thanks for joining Sigma!! I was reading the wrs thingy and it says you have to create a GTP account. Does that mean I have to make a whole new ps3 account? Cause I'm not willing to do that.

Yes you do, but it doesn't take long to do, 5 minutes or so in the PSN, then gift your new account a NASCAR, take it to the Online Bonus race events, and in 2 laps of the 'Ring you will have a million in the bank and level 16. You can be ready to run in about 20 minutes. It's not much time considering the amount of time people will spend on just one timetrail.

Quite a few of the fast guys from other boards join to compete, so it's quite a worthwhile competition. 👍

Only takes 30mins to get the whole save up and running. Should be no Issues for you skill boys! Even I managed to gold the nascar event on the first go by almost a lap! :lol:

Edit.. Tree'd by Steve..

I agree its definitely worth the while though, quality of racers is very high 👍

Ok thanks, I may give it a shot. Yes I did the nascar on nurb event, it was more fun than I thought it would be. I'm not a big nascar fan.

It was a pleasure racing Conman_Skills, Mau5_Skills, Dynamic_Skills and Supra_skills tonight, I hope we see much more of you guys around. Thanks for a memorable few races 👍

All the best
Maz

I'm scared after seeing what some of these guys posted up on the time trial boards.

And well I should be... I'm slow. Welcome to GTP.

Wow so many of you guys! I hope you don't all drive as dirty as old Davey_Skills did in his "Get 1st at all costs laptime at Deep Forest in the MR-S"? Horrible display of corner cutting and lawn mowing desperate to get the best time on the board :ill:

You must be so proud of them there skills mate :lol: :sly:

Wow so many of you guys! I hope you don't all drive as dirty as old Davey_Skills did in his "Get 1st at all costs laptime at Deep Forest in the MR-S"? Horrible display of corner cutting and lawn mowing desperate to get the best time on the board :ill:

You must be so proud of them there skills mate :lol: :sly:

:lol: There's 11 of us. Is that a lot? And blame the penalty system, not Davey.

:lol: There's 11 of us. Is that a lot? And blame the penalty system, not Davey.

Its a pity that he chose to drive in that manner though. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

I personally choose never to drive in such a way. In years of online racing in multiple games both on console and PC, such driving has always been frowned upon. I'm not sure how the rules were in Forza but in GT and especially on this site we all drive to a certain standard. I understand it is a Gran Turismo Time Trial and not a GTP Time Trial, but alas driving such laps will only hurt your reputation amongst the "GT5 OLR world" rather than enhance it.

I care more for my reputation as a clean driver then to win a TT "at all costs". I never want someone to download a replay of mine and go "Oh wow, Dion is a dirty driver".

Real shame, that Deep Forest combo in the MRS is very tricky and rewarding too :indiff:

Last edited:
Every member of this team would agree about track cutting. We all came from forza and in that game if you get 2 tires over the curb your lap will be invalidated. You can't even look at the grass without getting a penalty. Davey watched the #1 replay that was up at the time and saw how that person was running the track. At first, we all tried to run it cleanly and couldn't get close to the #1 time. Please don't say we did this first cause that is not true. Anyone who know's Davey can respectively say he does not need to cheat to win. He has many wins at the WCG's in many different racing games. I don't think they let dirty cheaters compete in the World Cyber Games. Anyways, no hard feelings. 👍

. Davey watched the #1 replay that was up at the time and saw how that person was running the track. At first, we all tried to run it cleanly and couldn't get close to the #1 time.

Because the #1 time was dirty?

. Anyone who know's Davey can respectively say he does not need to cheat to win.

But yet he resorted to the same tactic to overtake the #1 spot?

I might not be understanding this correcty but that seems lame to me. No need to encourage this type of behaviour imo.

Every member of this team would agree about track cutting. We all came from forza and in that game if you get 2 tires over the curb your lap will be invalidated. You can't even look at the grass without getting a penalty. Davey watched the #1 replay that was up at the time and saw how that person was running the track. At first, we all tried to run it cleanly and couldn't get close to the #1 time. Please don't say we did this first cause that is not true. Anyone who know's Davey can respectively say he does not need to cheat to win. He has many wins at the WCG's in many different racing games. I don't think they let dirty cheaters compete in the World Cyber Games. Anyways, no hard feelings. 👍

That's not a good reason Supra, beat a cheat by being a better cheat? that's just silly talk 👎

There's not many tracks where a dirty lap will benefit and steal the top spot on GT5... Deep Forest is one of the few that is a prime example! might be best to simply not lower ones abilities and skills to a cheaters level and just give it a wide berth instead 💡 or aim to be the fastest clean lap driver?

Anyway not one to preach but as Dion says it is frowned upon here and if anymore show up and you guys are still browsing these forums you can expect some more backlash from any number of members here I'm afraid.

I've said what I wanted to say ;) Hope you guys enjoy your stay and look forward to some clean racing with you in the future 👍

Why don't you guy's take a look at the other tt's. No track cutting on those! And what have you got to say for the rest of the people that did it??? As in every person in the top 200!!! Lot's of well known GTP names doing the same thing. But go ahead and single us out,LOL.

Cheating is cheating, whether you were the first or last to do it. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Matt

Why don't you guy's take a look at the other tt's. No track cutting on those! And what have you got to say for the rest of the people that did it??? As in every person in the top 200!!! Lot's of well known GTP names doing the same thing. But go ahead and single us out,LOL.

My lap is clean and I'm Ranked 7th (when I ran it).

Anyway I have no hard feelings towards anyone, Just trying to point out that having such a lap jeopardizes all the good work and respect you guys have earnt so far.

I have raced with you guys personally so I know how clean and fast you can be. I will give the benefit of the doubt here, but hope in future if this situation arises again (where cutting is faster) we can compete for the fastest "clean" lap 👍 :cheers:

Ok, everyone in my village is a numb skull and jumps off a cliff. Of course I shall do the same :rolleyes:

Personally I'm not saying anyone is slow or slower then I, what I am saying is cheating because everyone else is,.. .. well that is weak.

And what have you got to say for the rest of the people that did it??? As in every person in the top 200!!! Lot's of well known GTP names doing the same thing. But go ahead and single us out,LOL.

Good to see you watch so many drivers laps 👍 I can only view the top 10 here? ... but there you go :dopey:

Shame on the GTP drivers who have followed suit 👎

While your team's clean #1 laps on other tracks are remarkably impressive, your two best representatives here are in danger of tarnishing what, so far, has been an immaculate image of fast and respectful racers. I raced you guys a week or so ago and it was a memorable, thrilling, sporting experience. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it.

The kind of community we have here, if Davey and Mau5 were #3 and #4 on the board and top 2 were dirty, all the members here would recognise Davey and Mau5 as the moral, genuinely fastest drivers. They probably already ARE that, but this idea of copying the dirty tactics is unfortunate.

If you look at my lap in the RX7, currently #9, I make a mistake in the first tunnel and get off the road a bit, starting a costly tankslapper. But take a look at my final 2 sectors. If I can make #9 with a clean last sector in the inferior car, Davey and Mau5 could still easily run top 5 or 3 with clean laps. 👍

The reason these guys are pointing at you is because you're at the top. With that kind of speed, and the reputation of a tagged team, comes responsibility.

All the best
Maz

Hey Maz, I totally agree with you. When I stated that Davey watched the #1 replay and copied it I was actually assuming that's what he did. And I do regret saying that cause it might not be true. Regardless, I am going to watch every replay in the top 10 tonight and see if anyone actually did keep it between the lines. To get technical the track is between the two curbs so even cutting that little section of concrete before the hard right should not be allowed. But I have a feeling many people did it. In forza, I was lucky enough to be part of a team that held #1 for the first year of the game, so I know how many people try to pick at the at the people on top. But we were never called cheaters, and that's what upset me, otherwise I would pay those comments no mind. Thank you for your feedback. We have been thinking about racing with you again too!!! You made quite an impression on us! I realize your friends list is full so please send us a message when you want to lobby up again!

Hey Maz, I totally agree with you. When I stated that Davey watched the #1 replay and copied it I was actually assuming that's what he did. And I do regret saying that cause it might not be true. Regardless, I am going to watch every replay in the top 10 tonight and see if anyone actually did keep it between the lines. To get technical the track is between the two curbs so even cutting that little section of concrete before the hard right should not be allowed. But I have a feeling many people did it. In forza, I was lucky enough to be part of a team that held #1 for the first year of the game, so I know how many people try to pick at the at the people on top. But we were never called cheaters, and that's what upset me, otherwise I would pay those comments no mind. Thank you for your feedback. We have been thinking about racing with you again too!!! You made quite an impression on us! I realize your friends list is full so please send us a message when you want to lobby up again!

That would be a pleasure and I'll make room on my PSN list as soon as I am able 👍

If the track is between the two kerbs as you say (which of course it is) then yes my lap will be considered dirty as well. I'm not happy about that tunnel corner so I will revisit this combo during the week as it is not correct for a GTP Race Admin to have set a visible example like that. An equally concerning issue is the last sector, it's just very jarring to watch I'm sure you'll agree.

Thank you for your refreshing attitude and my regards to your team 👍

All the best
Maz

The point is not to be an inch off, can be happend and you can´t delete your time. but to use so clearly the run off areas to be in front, thats the point. :)

I changed to Trail Montain, olli_Brenner is miles ahead.
f2t3p111n29.gif
So, much work to do guys. 👍

Lot's of well known GTP names doing the same thing. But go ahead and single us out,LOL.

I don't believe it's intended to single you guys out. If any GTP tagged driver doing the same would have some explaining to do:

Section 16:
B:
Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the track/circuit which includes the rumble strips and footpaths, but not grassed areas.

The fact that the game will allow you to take shortcuts does not account for a valid run.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111241

Of course, these rules don't apply to the Skills team, they can after all, do as they wish in regards to grass cutting or whatever, but I believe that many here and across the entire GT community were looking forward to comparing times at a certain standard in order to compete. Most, if not all top drivers will not resort to cutting corners to compete. They will simply walk away from it.

It's up to the Skills team if they want to follow the Standard OLR rules that all major GT sites abide by. I hope they will once made aware of it. 👍

Back