Hello from Team_Skills

• Thread starter EMW-FZERO
  • 138 comments
Imo I find GT5 pretty shoddy for a sim anyway at the moment, considering there is no feel for anything + the tuning is almost backwards, so yes I am waiting for Forza 4 + would happily leave GT for it if all its members are similar, although gladly they're not.

I can't wait for fm4 baby either 👍

You guys have taken it way too far, find something better to do. I didn't know you'd get so anal about some grass cutting, your lawns must be pretty long :/

Imo I find GT5 pretty shoddy for a sim anyway at the moment, considering there is no feel for anything + the tuning is almost backwards, so yes I am waiting for Forza 4 + would happily leave GT for it if all its members are similar, although gladly they're not.

Thank you for supplying me with an evenings entertainment, feel free to fight over grass between yourselves.

@ arora - your sig is relevant.

Gd'ay.

This post from you is really disappointing.

If I was your team captain I would be kicking your arse right about now, your doing a very poor job of representing your team. If you bothered to read and understand anything in this thread, you will find your team members are posting the total opposite of you. Its blindly clear to me that you are a young kid with no real idea of the world.

You guys have taken it way too far, find something better to do. I didn't know you'd get so anal about some grass cutting, your lawns must be pretty long :/

Thank you for supplying me with an evenings entertainment, feel free to fight over grass between yourselves.

@ arora - your sig is relevant.

Gd'ay.

You seem to think there is something wrong with fair play?

Matt

Is this dirty?
Sick lap, but i would call this dirty.

Also, I might (didn't watch all the other replays might not have been first) have been the first person to run wide. :nervous: Not on purpose just a flukey mistake.
I wasn't going to penalise myself after the last corner because the game didn't.

None of these shenanigans in forza. Joke GT5 >

I'm going to try and beat it without the last bend shenanigans because the 2nd last bends awful.

Last edited:

Is this dirty?

Also, I might (didn't watch all the other replays might not have been first) have been the first person to run wide. :nervous: Not on purpose just a flukey mistake.
I wasn't going to penalise myself after the last corner because the game didn't.

This is not a forza/GT cock fight, please don't go down that route, hopefully we can be more mature than that. 4 wheels of track is dirty. Only a persons morals will decide if they are happy with the lap or not.

Matt

I said joke. :)

This is not a forza/GT cock fight, please don't go down that route, hopefully we can be more mature than that. 4 wheels of track is dirty. Only a persons morals will decide if they are happy with the lap or not.

Matt
So everyone in the top 10 is cheating then?

So, the track is hard to master? That surely makes a 4 wheel off ok then 👍

Aparently you guys need the tight penalty system of forza to keep from cheating then? Just wondering what that logic is you speak of?

Is this dirty?

I'm going to try and beat it without the last bend shenanigans because the 2nd last bends awful.

I/we agree that it's dirty, and I'm really glad you decided to hightlight this to us, not that we didn't already know.

If you knew the past record of this driver you would know that this actually backs up our point and how we deal with these issues.

Next time you decide to dig around for some dirt to throw at us, at least do a background check on the driver concerned before doing so. Seriously, you couldn't have picked a more worse example.

You just made yourself look silly. Well done. :dopey:

Some of the times in the top 10 are clean, We are talking about Deep Forest still?

The third or fourth corner, i think thats cheating, you dont even drive near the track.

I actually wasn't looking for dirt, just wanted to know if you thought it was clean, because noone seems to mind about cutting concrete only grass.

Last edited:
The third or fourth corner, i think thats cheating, you dont even drive near the track.

I actually wasn't looking for dirt, just wanted to know if you thought it was clean, because noone seems to mind about cutting concrete only grass.

You ask a fine question, the best answer I can give....
We always fight if cutting concrete is cheating or not, some people agree, some do not. Some say real racing drivers cut concrete at various tracks, others say the track was never meant to be driven in that way. But NEVER has cutting grass ever been discussed as ok. Everybody agrees grass is cheating. Cutting grass is like doing heroin, its illegal and has always been. Drinking alcohol is like cutting concrete, many fight about it and some don't let it, but the vast majority say its legal.

GTP and other major GT sites allow cutting of that concrete in deep forest due to various decisions and arguments since 2005 when GT4 came out.

Before GT4 tracks like Deep forest never had such concrete so it was never an issue, however cutting grass has been illegal since GT1.

Cutting grass is like doing heroin, its illegal and has always been. Drinking alcohol is like cutting concrete, many fight about it and some don't let it, but the vast majority say its legal.
:lol: Awesome analogy.

Was the main reason for it becoming legal because real racers do on some tracks?

Last edited:
LOL You guys only read what you want to find fault in or something?

@ Extreme, indeed the concrete deal is a different mater, for years and years and 3 instalments of gt there has been debate about the 'sidewalks' Inter forum tt's and online races have been held with it allowed and disallowed in equal portions however what has never been allowed or accepted is grass cutting.

:lol: Awesome analogy.

What was the main reason for it becoming legal? I've never seen a race driver cut a corner that much.

Main reason was due to having so many different types of concrete, cobblestones, painted areas, marked areas etc etc at different parts of the track. Just easier for stewards to rule "hard surfaces" and be done with it. Only a few tracks benefited from such extreme driving so for the sake of being simple and clear-cut it was a small sacrifice to make. The rest of the tracks are all well within what a "real" driver would cut.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Monza chicanes though...:dunce:

Main reason was due to having so many different types of concrete, cobblestones, painted areas, marked areas etc etc at different parts of the track. Just easier for stewards to rule "hard surfaces" and be done with it. Only a few tracks benefited from such extreme driving so for the sake of being simple and clear-cut it was a small sacrifice to make. The rest of the tracks are all well within what a "real" driver would cut.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Monza chicanes though...:dunce:
Makes sense, thanks
Monza could be a tricky one. The way I do it at the minute is just use the curb as the inside, like a normal corner, but I think if there's a Time trial the barriers will end up being the inside.

Why would it mater to you when you feel anything the game lets you get away with is ok?

I still want to know why it's cheating or not cheating and i dont think anything the game lets me get away with is ok. In a race I never cut or use grass, eventhough i could easily on many tracks.

Main thing to point out is running wide is only faster in the last turn and its not even much faster :P but hey ho its all fun right why dont we complain about having to drive a car to build up its BHP and the people who make the oil light come on to bring down power also mabe the fact its hard to get the car you need cause used car dealer dont like me

I know you are just running as PD have set the rules and you have all the right to do so of course. I guess it comes down to the question of what you want to achieve.. you're putting a lot of effort into these TT's (and already are proven to be really fast! :) ), so what will be the reward? You won't gain any money etc. from it so the best reward I can think of is becoming a respected & noticed driver...

Also, there are two kinds of fast drivers in GT. Widely respected ones, and the ones that are really fast, but everyone knows all they are doing is making a mockery of the spirit of racing and themselves. That will not gain any respect from me and I bet neither it will within the most of the big GT communities. This is an issue mainly to the fast guys to think, as we can't see what the others down to the leaderboard are doing. So putting a lap into the top ten will turn all eyes to you.. ;)

I know it is interesting for you to "test" you skills against GT veterans, as most of you are new to the series.. (guess) ..it is also great for old GT players to test their skills against yours. That's what this all is about after all. :D You just need to choose the way you're going to do this.

This is one reason why I like to run the GTP WRS. I don't like how cutting grass etc.. makes me feel.. it makes me feel stupid. It would also make me look stupid, in my honest opinion. The only way to TT properly with these tracks with the set of "rules" gives by PD is to run your own races, with proper rules. I know that's what I want to be doing when I give my 110% and spend hours after hours to get those last tenths.

Great to have you here anyway, and don't be too offended of some of the comments here.. Most/some of us have just taken this thing to the heart and like it that way. :cheers:

Hope to race you online soon.. 👍

EDIT,

Also major respect to Canary_Skills for the really great lap! ;) (haven't seen them all, but that one stood out)

Last edited:
As the 'main offender' I feel I should weigh in on this topic.

I've been playing racing games since I was a kid, playing games like V-Rally, GT, GT2 etc...I evolved with the racing games always having fun.

Then I got PGR3 and my mind was blown. With online leaderboards added into the mix instead of being the fastest out of my group of friends I could try and be the fastest in the WORLD!

This turned racing games into an addiction (eventually a career), trying to go faster and faster to get the #1 spot. Eventually I got that #1 and I still have it today. I got this time by playing by everyones rules and I earned respect for this.

4 years later I have played a number of racing games, achieving #1s in all of them. I believe that I have earned respect for these top times and have always played by the unwritten community rules.

This being said, I am sorry that I have made this single mistake (and thats what it was, I turned in too early, thinking I had ruined my lap and just thought **** it and went foot to the floor). I did not realise it would have repercussions of such magnitude.

An although I think that this witch hunt could have been handled a lot better...perhaps a simple...'Hey Dave, don't cut the grass, it's not cool' would have done. We have ended up in the same place. So...message received guys and I am sorry.

This being said, I am sorry that I have made this single mistake (and thats what it was, I turned in too early, thinking I had ruined my lap and just thought **** it and went foot to the floor). I did not realise it would have repercussions of such magnitude.

An although I think that this witch hunt could have been handled a lot better...perhaps a simple...'Hey Dave, don't cut the grass, it's not cool' would have done. We have ended up in the same place. So...message received guys and I am sorry.

Davey,

That's a great post 👍

Probably could have been handled better on both sides.

I'm sure had you been able to post the above a little earlier in the discussion you would have seen a different reaction... I'm sure most of us will have run TT laps in the past that weren't clean but unfortunately (and surprisingly) ended up being our fastest lap. Then we've had to drive our arses off to try and irradicate them with a clean lap. And of course it's not always possible to overwrite them.

Anyhow, the Deep Forest TT will be gone in a little while and we'll have a new one to chase... good chance for all to show how fast they are by fair means :)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back