Help for Level 50

• Thread starter morrocoy
  • 79 comments
li you pause then you pause. You are still doing the same thing as the player who doesn't pause. Getting less for it is unacceptable under any and all circumstances.

Back when GT had actual 24 hour races in it that was about the only way you could compete those events as saving the game then resuming later was not an option. Unless of course you wanted to stay up for 24 hours and do the entire event without pausing it.

So to me pausing the game then returning later to finish it is perfectly acceptable and should pay out the same amount.

I really do wish those 24 hour events would return with that special rare car that could only be won by completing that event.

Forgive me for necromancing this thread but recently I came across a player who apparently went from Level 40 to 50 in 15 days. He earned the trophy for reaching Level 40 on the 7th of March 2020 and was Level 50 by the 22nd. I wrote to him to ask how he did this but received no response. How is it possible to level that quickly?

a player who apparently went from Level 40 to 50 in 15 days.
(...)
How is it possible to level that quickly?
By doing a lot of grinding.
If you do the GT League Monza Gr1 race you can get 6,200xp in about 10 minutes, which means roughly 36,000xp/hour.
To get 2 million needed to go from level 40 to 50 you have to grind for about 60 hours, in his case that's 30 hours a week.

I see. So it's not that bad after all. I was just wondering because some trophy guides online mention hundreds of hours of grinding to reach Level 50.

Hello

You have helped me a lot with your comments and now I want to share a way to get experience without playing

You can get 2640 exp. every 12 minutes, without play, only starting the race

Thanks for contributing your advice and helping so many players including me

Hello

You have helped me a lot with your comments and now I want to share a way to get experience without playing

You can get 2640 exp. every 12 minutes, without play, only starting the race

Thanks for contributing your advice and helping so many players including me

Smart, but not the most fun way to drive??

Interesting. I noticed you take the lead in lap 7 already. Have you tried downtuning the car to get more experience points?

You are in the right.

I tried to downtuning but some race did not win, and I wanted to upload a video with 100% guarantees.

But it is likely that more experience will be achieved as you have told me

Smart, but not the most fun way to drive??

I agree, but I had already enjoyed everything I could about the game, I wanted to get platinum and play other games

Last edited by a moderator:
Professional league > Red Bull x2014 > Le Mans 3 laps. This race can net you 6,250xp in 9 minutes and roughly 40,000xp per hour.

Even if you're on level 45 or 46, getting to 50 is still a very long grind away given you need just shy of 2.4m XP for level 50 and level 45 is around 1m XP.

GTSlevelXP4.png

Professional league > Red Bull x2014 > Le Mans 3 laps. This race can net you 6,250xp in 9 minutes and roughly 40,000xp per hour.
The big issue with that race is the clean race bonus.

When gunning for max credit/XP payouts, you're really racing for the 50% clean race bonus. La Sarthe's track limits are pretty mental - you cannot, for example, take any kerb on the left at Indianapolis - and in a car like the X2014 the line between fast and fatal is a pretty thin one. And then you've got thick-as-pig**** AI always trying to run you off the road both inside and outside.

For most people, getting the CRB in that race is an exercise in frustration, and without it you're looking at getting XP a third slower - three races to gain the same XP as someone else running two.

It's pretty much why people flock back to Premium Sports Lounge/Blue Moon Bay. You've only got two things to worry about - walls that don't need experience and interpreting what the limit is, and cars that brake 150m before you need to - and you do the race in a low-power N300 road car with big limits before you're dead. It's almost a guaranteed 8250xp in a hair under 12 minutes, and 42,000xp an hour.

I do like Gr1 Cup/Monza NC (lapped traffic can be a pest) and Nostalgic 1979/La Sarthe (same track limits rule applies, but the cars are much less glory or death than the X2014) just for variety though. 9,000 lefts can get a little same-y after a while.

I do like Gr1 Cup/Monza NC (lapped traffic can be a pest) and Nostalgic 1979/La Sarthe (same track limits rule applies, but the cars are much less glory or death than the X2014) just for variety though. 9,000 lefts can get a little same-y after a while.

181 wins in 1979 La Sarthe, no chicanes, 2 laps, it's been fun, now I'm 50 and feeling nostalgic already.

181 wins in 1979 La Sarthe, no chicanes, 2 laps, it's been fun, now I'm 50 and feeling nostalgic already.
Indeed. I've been running it in the Cobra Daytona simply because I like it more than the P4/Mk4/XJ13. It's slower, but... I like it more.

It's kinda funny, I have been level 50 for over a year and half now and I still go back to some of the high XP races just for the challenge of completing it with the CRB.

The big issue with that race is the clean race bonus.

When gunning for max credit/XP payouts, you're really racing for the 50% clean race bonus. La Sarthe's track limits are pretty mental - you cannot, for example, take any kerb on the left at Indianapolis - and in a car like the X2014 the line between fast and fatal is a pretty thin one. And then you've got thick-as-pig**** AI always trying to run you off the road both inside and outside.

For most people, getting the CRB in that race is an exercise in frustration, and without it you're looking at getting XP a third slower - three races to gain the same XP as someone else running two.

It's pretty much why people flock back to Premium Sports Lounge/Blue Moon Bay. You've only got two things to worry about - walls that don't need experience and interpreting what the limit is, and cars that brake 150m before you need to - and you do the race in a low-power N300 road car with big limits before you're dead. It's almost a guaranteed 8250xp in a hair under 12 minutes, and 42,000xp an hour.

I just find the Blue Moon Bay race the most dull race of all time. I could only do it 2 or 3 times before really dying of boredom. If I were in it for the long haul, I'd definitely do the x2014 event and preserve my sanity (somewhat).

I've done it 10 times now to test it and only failed to get the clean race bonus once. It's not too tricky to get past the AI if you're patient. If you push it you can get past all of them by lap 2 but if you take no chances you can easily do it by the end of lap 2.

Ultimately and admittedly, the x2014 event is tougher overall but it isn't hard once you learn to race it properly and patiently.

It was a pain to grind to level 50... But this wasn't nearly as extreme as grinding to level 40... TWICE, in GT5. Even with the seasonal events back then. B-Spec doesn't take work from you, but it would take from your PS3 (and as a result you couldn't have fun yourself) and the B-Spec exp gains were about half or less what you would win in A-Spec races.

But, given that this is an online focused game, it's ridiculous that Sport races give so little EXP when those same races are far, far harder than against AI.

How on earth are you lapping people in that race?
The Porsche 962 is as slow as. Also, whatever it was I used (Audi R18) is tuned to the tits to get the race time down.

Hi at all, I'm a Italian player and have a question, maybe stupid and not shared, but I try to put it anyway.
Now I miss only the 50 level to reach platinum trophy, I'm at level 43, but the road is still very long even using the KTM to Blue Moon (8250 points for a clear race). Also doing all these races is really boring.
Of course, no one forces me but now it has become my fixed have a platinum trophy of GT Sport.
So I come to the question: in your opinion, if I copy the save file to external HD, uninstall GT Sport, reinstall it offline without updating it, can I exploit the initial bugs to get faster to level 50?
Once conquered the trophy I would reinstall the file previously copied on external HD and I would go back to playing the other modes.

Thanks
Game is named gt SPORT. All the hype Behind SPORT mode and the people who stick to sport mode will probably never make it to level 50 before the next Gran Turismo is out. Forcing people to use exploits and grinding blue moon is just bad game design. They could make sport mode races reward 10x and it would still take more time then the most grindy games on market to reach max level.

Makes no sense to having the most important and hyped game mode beeing the most unrewarding of ALL the game modes
true - I ve got all the online rewards + most GT league races and I m only at level 44... they could have calculated more or less that by getting the only trophies and doing all GT league races you would reach level 50.
Spending hundred more hours doing nothing interesting is a pure waste of time..

They could update this and maybe make available all colours and other items in the Mileage exchange at this point.
hopefully they re too busy with GT7...better be good !!

Back