Here's a First Look at GT Sport's New Sardegna Road Circuit

I absolutely called it. Sardegna is one of the remaining original areas that didn't have additional layouts yet, like we've seen with Dragon Trail. After this update, the only ones remaining should be Alsace and Colorado Springs. (That said, I wonder if we could see updates that bring additional layout to the real-world circuits? Like the older versions of Monza and Brands Hatch, or even Le Mans, Fuji, and Interlagos? Not so much more recent "older" layouts, perhaps such as the 2005 version of Le Mans seen in Gran Turismo 4, but layouts that are old enough insofar to have remarkable differences, such as the 1973 version of Interlagos.)

Im delighted with some new tarmac to master, looks much better than goodwood layout wise will have more longevity for sure... Be nice to boot up GT again its been gathering dust this year...

Are any of these Sardegna layouts vaguely inspired by any regional real world road courses? Anybody recognize anything?

Eh, I'm willing to give them a try. I would've preferred the return of an older track, but I won't turn it away.

D9hQnEjVUAIlYXw.jpg

All these tracks tend to have wide and large terrains...I get bored of.

I miss narrow roads and narrow trees dangling in the Forests, sun beams and mountainous walls.

New Original Circuits will never be as good as the Classic Originals like Trial Mountain & Deep Forest.
Amen. I think the hardware can't handle this kind of "tunnel" track, so see you on PS5 :(

By the way, Sainte-Croix in Sardaigne.

The KTM we see is not the GT4 one, but the R already in game. And KTM is not part of the 12 Manufacturers in the picture, it's weird for them to qualify in this car

Hopefully i can tell i'm racing in Sardegna other than by only the name. The dirttracks could be anywhere in the med.

VBR
Makes sense to recycle an already existing location & use it again for some new tracks. Saves them time in having to create a venue from scratch. That said, I've never been much of a fan of the fantasy circuits in previous titles in the GT series, & haven't liked any of the new ones in GT Sport so far.
I like GT fantasy tracks, but not a single one in GTS.
All these tracks tend to have wide and large terrains...I get bored of.

I miss narrow roads and narrow trees dangling in the Forests, sun beams and mountainous walls.

New Original Circuits will never be as good as the Classic Originals like Trial Mountain & Deep Forest.
Deep Forset was such a good track.
Are any of these Sardegna layouts vaguely inspired by any regional real world road courses? Anybody recognize anything?
You could find areas in Sardegna that look like in the game, as you could all over Italy, but nothing screams Sardegna to me.

I'll pass judgement until I actually drive the track, but it looks less garbage than most of the prior original circuits, at least.

The breakdown of locations of original track in the game so far (I was just curious),

2nd in Italy (+Maggiore)

2 in France (St Croix and Alsace).

2 in Japan (Miyabi/Yamagiwa and Broad Bean)

1 in Croatia (Dragon)

Technically 3 in the USA (SSRX, Blue Moon Bay and Northern Isle)

Back