Here's a First Look at GT Sport's New Sardegna Road Circuit

Watch the first 2 minutes of the footage. Trying to locate the track. I think its down in this area. Close to those windmills.
D9kANqKUwAAhpAp.jpg

Tried locating it from the rearward view as it's clockwise(as noted, the road course in anti-clockwise.) from the rally circuit. The twin peaks can be seen in the rear view footage.

D9j-t7MU8AA4kQh.jpg

Imagine being in a relationship with PD? Yeah, you do some ok stuff, but it’s not really what you want to do.

You: “I feel like mussels and frites tonight!”
Pollyanna: “Nope, here’s sushi.”
You: “Oh.... ok. I like sushi I guess. Will we ever have mussels and frites?”
Pollyanna: “Maybe. It’s expensive.”
You: “I feel like a burger!”
Pollyanna: “Nope, we’re having sardines”
You: “when will we get the meals I’ve asked for?”
Pollyanna: “you’ve been asking for stuff?! Huh. Never noticed. I mean maybe one day if I happen to want what you do it could happen”
You: “ok. I guess I can live a happy full life not doing the things I desire. Maybe.”

You sound like a lazy 🤬 who expects your girlfriend to feed you. She should break up with you.

Yay, another new GTSport original track that will be used as a weekly race on the first week after the update, and then forgotten.
Like the awesome new Tokyo layouts and St.Croix.. Whoohoo.
We use the new Tokyo Circuits and St Croix all the time, make for good racing

Hopefully i can tell i'm racing in Sardegna other than by only the name. The dirttracks could be anywhere in the med.

You could find areas in Sardegna that look like in the game, as you could all over Italy, but nothing screams Sardegna to me.
yeah on this picture the vegetation is not really looking like it could be in sardigna.
These trees look like pines from the Alps, the grass looks like high alpine grass. Sardigna is fairly dry, the coastal area has mostly bushes, and typical dry vegetation, the mountains are quite desertic looking with small bushes, and dirt.

This looks more like south tirol than sardigna too me.

yeah on this picture the vegetation is not really looking like it could be in sardigna.
These trees look like pines from the Alps, the grass looks like high alpine grass. Sardigna is fairly dry, the coastal area has mostly bushes, and typical dry vegetation, the mountains are quite desertic looking with small bushes, and dirt.

Well, as an Italian, I could not agree more on that. The main problem is the vegetation: Sardegna is mainly a mediterranean place. This scenery reminds me of Chamonix, or the Dolomiti.

Can they please focus on real tracks instead? Not a single one of the GT Sport original tracks is even remotely interesting, except for graphically.

Three layouts, wow! That’s awesome, thanks PD!

But much more exciting layouts of all three combined had been achieved with Trial Mountain or Deep Forest. Another reason the old tracks were so good was the short layout which meant you got very good value track time. Most new GT circuits have long straights, meaning lots of your time is being wasted going straight instead of being spent practicing going round corners.

1200px-Monte_limbara.jpg
sardinia-mount-limbara-mt-1362-HPF61A.jpg

The trees and mountains remind me of Mount Limbara.

Well, as an Italian, I could not agree more on that. The main problem is the vegetation: Sardegna is mainly a mediterranean place. This scenery reminds me of Chamonix, or the Dolomiti.

Last edited:
this track looks nice, PD please bring back Shuffle mode from GT5, maybe they can use a type or BOP or add weight to the cars.to make it interesting.

That veg

Yeah, but the vegetation is still wrong. I mean, the track is on the valley, it's still very dry. I get that at 1000m you find pines and green vegetation, but not where the track is. It should be more yellowish, without pines.

lol

Now the track scenery and locale are getting criticized for not being authentic enough.

Can’t you blokes just enjoy things as simply as they may have meant to have been delivered?New fictional track. That’s it no more analysis needed. :/

Yeah. So strange someone complains they don’t get what they hope and ask for. Repeatedly. And loudly. Because it’s what they want and not something else. Imagine being in a relationship with PD? Yeah, you do some ok stuff, but it’s not really what you want to do.

You: “I feel like mussels and frites tonight!”
Pollyanna: “Nope, here’s sushi.”
You: “Oh.... ok. I like sushi I guess. Will we ever have mussels and frites?”
Pollyanna: “Maybe. It’s expensive.”
You: “I feel like a burger!”
Pollyanna: “Nope, we’re having sardines”
You: “when will we get the meals I’ve asked for?”
Pollyanna: “you’ve been asking for stuff?! Huh. Never noticed. I mean maybe one day if I happen to want what you do it could happen”
You: “ok. I guess I can live a happy full life not doing the things I desire. Maybe.”

You’ll do that for a while cause it’s ok and the action’s not bad. You’re going to marry, hopefully, the person who does stuff you want to do. Sure, new stuff is great and worth trying out, but there’s nothing wrong with not being satisfied that your desires aren’t met and voicing it. Once you’ve voiced your disappointment there’s not much else to do but move on if you see no change.

This is why I moved onto ACC, in addition to the superior physics and force feedback, it has stuff I want. I’ve got a pile of Porsches and Spa. Yay me. Needs met. I just pop in here now and then to see what’s new.
If I were you, I won't going to compare between the "relationship" (if you can call it such) of individual to the company with a relationship between individuals for life partners since both are very fundamentally different (for example: the latter would require you to also contribute or actually doing something to said relationship).

It reeks being called something I won't going to state here explicitly, but you should've know what it is.

lol

Now the track scenery and locale are getting criticized for not being authentic enough.

Can’t you blokes just enjoy things as simply as they may have meant to have been delivered?New fictional track. That’s it no more analysis needed. :/
I gave a thought on the new track and the fact that I feel like I'm driving home where I get -20 degrees, while Sardegna is one of the driest places I know of in Italy. If you don't like it, don't read it and move on, mate. Giving an analysis on your vibes of what I think is not needed, and it adds nothing to the discussion. Anyway, have a nice day :)

Last edited:
I gave a thought on the new track and the fact that I feel like I'm driving home where I get -20 degrees, while Sardegna is one of the driest places I know of in Italy. If you don't like it, don't read it and move on, mate. Giving an analysis on your vibes of what I think is not needed, and it adds nothing to the discussion. Anyway, have a nice day :)

What’s gonna be next on the list? The rain is not wet enough? The crowd don’t look Italian enough?

lol

It struck me as more of an observation than a moaning criticism to me, but whatever. People are allowed to voice their opinions. If no one analysed or questioned announcements of any sort, life would be very boring.

EDIT:

What’s gonna be next on the list? The rain is not wet enough? The crowd don’t look Italian enough?

Yes, I want dynamic weather in the game, so sue me! :D Maybe rain intensity changes, or stops altogether. I'm happy we're getting rain nonetheless.

Last edited:

This are the tipical rocks of Sardinia, those mountains are much more as Alps Mountains. Anyway the wind pales are tipical of WRC stages as Monti di Alà or Tula

Attachments

• FA04FB35-938E-4EF6-9AE4-F261816683F1.jpeg
    FA04FB35-938E-4EF6-9AE4-F261816683F1.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 46

Latest Posts

Back