High school kids: What kind of car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Freq
  • 121 comments
  • 5,799 views
BlazinXtreme
I'm calling my agent tomarrow and ask if it works with college as well. Even though I don't pay a whole lot in insurence for a Blazer, I still want it to be less :D.

It should work up until you are 25. I know that state farm also has a program where you watch a movie and take a test and you get a 10% discount as well (between the ages of 16 and 25)

Now back on topic: when I was 16 I had no car. 17 I got an Eagle Talon Esi (the really crappy one). I had to lemon-law the car, and I bought a 97 Trans-Am Comp T/A. (limited edition...still sells for list price). I had to sell that when I went to college, but since I was away my dad decided to trade it in instead of selling it himself, and he lost me $8,000 in the process.
 
I see some exxagerations (or they just dont know the specs of thier cars to well)

annyways, Im 17 and heres mine :

http://www.ridejudge.com/rides/00022993.jpg

8 valve SOHC in-line 4, aluminum block and heads
Displacement:151 cu.in. or 2479cc
Horsepower: 147@5,800 rpm
Torque: 140@3,000 rpm
Curb weight: 2,965 lbs
Power to weight ratio: 21.0 lbs per horsepower
Compression ratio: 9.7:1

5 speed manual transmission (woohoo!)

Top Speed: 135 mph


I must say I love this car, Drives great! (Car & Drivers best handling car of 1985..to bad this is a 1984)


Edit: im a little anoyed over whoever edited the pic to be url, it wa only 90kb
 
can i post if im in college? :nervous:

I drive a 2002 Acura RSX *No not a Type S okay :grumpy: *
AEM short ram intake (ebay)
*no name brand* N-1 Extreme Full Cat Back Exhaust System (ebay)
Cwest body kit (ebay)
*more to come from ebay*

so 160hp + maybe 10-20 from the mods 👎
i dont know the other specs
 
So far, GameBoyFX has the best car here! XD

Ive always wanted to own one of those. I remember back about 2 1/2 years ago, someone was actually selling one near my house for about $3k and looked like it was in mint condition. Its still there but he must have decided to keep it. :indiff:
 
:sly:
Safe Speed
So far, GameBoyFX has the best car here! XD

Ive always wanted to own one of those. I remember back about 2 1/2 years ago, someone was actually selling one near my house for about $3k and looked like it was in mint condition. Its still there but he must have decided to keep it. :indiff:


Yes, Gameboy has an awesome car. 1st car I drove in (Only twice) before my dad passed away was his 944 Turbo S. Never got to see his Turbo model though...

However, only a people on here know what I drive.
I did give Acura, but not the model.... :sly:
 
Ev0
Damn you people and your own cars. :grumpy:

It's virtually impossible for me to own a car thanks to the ridiculous insurance in Ontario. No matter what I drive, I'd be looking to pay at least 3000-4000 dollars a year in insurance. Otherwise, I'd certainly be driving a 240SX right now.

So, in the meantime, I get to use my dad's '93 Explorer whenever I need transportation. In all of it's 18 second 0-60, and mashed potato suspension goodness...

Amen! Even Motorcycle insurance is stupid for anyone under 25 in Ontario.
 
faydoi
can i post if im in college? :nervous:

Don't worry. I'm in college, but I posted anyway because I'm still driving my first car.

I drive a 2002 Acura RSX *No not a Type S okay :grumpy: *
AEM short ram intake (ebay)
*no name brand* N-1 Extreme Full Cat Back Exhaust System (ebay)
Cwest body kit (ebay)
*more to come from ebay*

so 160hp + maybe 10-20 from the mods 👎
i dont know the other specs

Nice car! :)
Too bad I have more horsepower... :sly: j/k

My car hasn't run in 4 days. I finally got it started today! 2 stupid problems caused the no-start condition. :grumpy: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
 
McLaren F1GTR
:sly:


Yes, Gameboy has an awesome car. 1st car I drove in (Only twice) before my dad passed away was his 944 Turbo S. Never got to see his Turbo model though...

However, only a people on here know what I drive.
I did give Acura, but not the model.... :sly:

Aww man, sorry about your dad ._.

Wow, an Acura with 20hp has got to be something big right? Yours may be the best one on here, lol.
 
However, only a people on here know what I drive.
I did give Acura, but not the model....
Does it begin in an N and end in an X?
 
Duh! Is it a NKJHKFJHSALKNFIHEKJFNSHFLKWBEFIBLKBX? Or is it on of those NSXZ....errr...thingies. :lol:
 
Or it could be a New RSX
Or a Nex
Or a Neutron Plex!
 
Safe Speed
So far, GameBoyFX has the best car here! XD


Are you joking? You have the best car here! Turbo... :drool:

Ive always wanted to own one of those. I remember back about 2 1/2 years ago, someone was actually selling one near my house for about $3k and looked like it was in mint condition. Its still there but he must have decided to keep it. :indiff:

If you want to sell your turbo Saab to get another car, I'd be willing to buy it! :sly:
 
Safe Speed
Wow, an Acura with 20hp has got to be something big right? Yours may be the best one on here, lol.
Wow, 20 whole hp? It's gotta be a real powerhouse! :lol:

Gotta love typos like that!
 
MrktMkr1986
Are you joking? You have the best car here! Turbo... :drool:



If you want to sell your turbo Saab to get another car, I'd be willing to buy it! :sly:

Nah, my car surely isnt the best on here :]

Lol, no way, I wanna keep my turbo saab with its black leather :D
Unless......that guy is still selling that Porsche
 
Safe Speed
Nah, my car surely isnt the best on here :]


Yes it is, and that's final. :sly:

Lol, no way, I wanna keep my turbo saab with its black leather :D

The proof.


Unless......that guy is still selling that Porsche

Joking again I hope. A normally aspirated Porsche 944? Nah, what you want is a Porsche 944 Turbo or Turbo S. :sly:
 
ive got a Datsun 120Y (B310 Model) 👍

hp: not alot
torque: not alot either
 
MrktMkr1986
Not if your not a good student... :sly:

Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Yea, students like YOU! :O No, I am just kittying(kidding). (='.'=) :O

I am curious, how many of you pay your own car insurance? :odd:

My parents are paying mines for me because they want me to save money! :O
 
McLaren'sAngel
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Yea, students like YOU! :O No, I am just kittying(kidding). (='.'=) :O

I am curious, how many of you pay your own car insurance? :odd:

My parents are paying mines for me because they want me to save money! :O

My parents are paying for mine right now because....well....im trying to find me a job. Im 18 and its still not easy for me to find a job anywhere. I even filled out an application to an underemployed theatre. xX;

BTW I do have that low insurance because of my grade average ^^
 
MrktMkr1986
Yes it is, and that's final. :sly:

*not listening* ><

The proof.
676409_8.jpg

676409_4.jpg


Joking again I hope. A normally aspirated Porsche 944? Nah, what you want is a Porsche 944 Turbo or Turbo S. :sly:

Actually, im not sure what trim it is. Maybe I should go ask him sometime or is there a certain way you can tell? BTW - I cant see the rear of his car unless I literally pull up into his driveway and walk up behind it, lol.
 
Safe Speed
Aww man, sorry about your dad ._.

Wow, an Acura with 20hp has got to be something big right? Yours may be the best one on here, lol.
Guess someone didn't see (?) in the sentence.
 
McLaren F1GTR
Age: 17 (18 next Tuesday)
Car: Acura
Hp: x20Hp
Color: Berlina Black
Price $28K to $29K used...
Miles: Too many... :lol:
Mods: Newest one...Flowmaster exhuasts


Better now?
 
McLaren F1GTR
grumpy.gif


I really dislike you now....

Lol, the 20hp was a typo ^^;

I knew it had to be the NSX because I dont know about any acura that would cost that much used, unless someone bought a brand new Acura and sold it the day after they got it, lol.
 
McLaren'sAngel
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Yea, students like YOU! :O No, I am just kittying(kidding). (='.'=) :O


Not quite. I got a 3.77 average for my 1st semester in college. :sly:

I am curious, how many of you pay your own car insurance? :odd:

My parents are paying mines for me because they want me to save money! :O

My parents pay for my car insurance because they want me to concentrate on my education. That's not going to last for much longer, though. :sick:
 
Safe Speed
*not listening* ><

:grumpy: :crazy:


:dopey:

Actually, im not sure what trim it is. Maybe I should go ask him sometime or is there a certain way you can tell? BTW - I cant see the rear of his car unless I literally pull up into his driveway and walk up behind it, lol.

Based on the specs he provided, I think its the non-turbo version.
 
Safe Speed
Lol, the 20hp was a typo ^^;

I knew it had to be the NSX because I dont know about any acura that would cost that much used, unless someone bought a brand new Acura and sold it the day after they got it, lol.
Yes, she's my daily driver.

4th car though.

1st-3000GT VR4
2nd-Ion Redline
3rd-Fiero... :indiff:
4th-NSX

I had plans for the Fiero to be made into a Lamborghini and actually had all the money saved up to take it North America Replicas, aplace that specializes in Lambo., replicas. But saw the NSX, and got it instead.
 
Back