High school kids: What kind of car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Freq
  • 121 comments
  • 5,799 views
McLaren'sAngel
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Um excuse me...Did I miss something? :odd: I am supposed to be gone or dead? :odd: I really don't understand what you mean by saying that. :O

By the way, that "intimidator" stuff and the number "3" design on your avatar came from a movie about how Earnheart came into NASCAR racing right? I saw it in Auto 1-2 this semester and give it a 5 star rating! :O 👍
Nah .. its just I haven't seen you around the forums in forever, :lol:.

Yes, the avatar and title are referencing Dale Earnhardt. I grew up around racing and NASCAR and have been a diehard Earnhardt fan ever since Kulwicki died at Talladega in 91 or so. The Daytona 500 in 2001 was absolutely crushing. I still can't really watch racing, its not the same anymore (recent changes aside). I just don't find it as exciting as I used to. So yes, the avatar and title and location are in memory of the late Dale Earnhardt.

I didn't really like the movie, it was good, I just didn't like it. It was too Hollywood to be Earnhardt.
 
hm, i dont have my license yet, but when i do get it, it comes with a car :)

it comes with...

*drumroll*


a 1995 Buick Park Avenue - yay! :D
205hp, V6, torque?, curb weight: 3,500 lbs.

its speedometer only goes up to 100mph... but that will all change... :trouble:
 
I have a 1972 El Camino, hence my user name.

It has a 350 V8 powerplant, with about 300 horses. Not really sure on the other specs.
 
'92 E400 Benz.....n i'm still drivin tha damn thing
Leather interior, surround sound, and (cept 4 tha $100-500 i g2 dish out on a regular basis due to some leak, bump, fuse, etc.) runs lik new (i think..... :crazy: )
 
1996 Black Z28, M6, 3.42's
SLP CAI, Hooker Longtubes, Borla, Welds, Pro 5.0, 52mmT/B, ele water pump Nitto DR's, hotcam. Dyno: ? RWHP @ ? RWTQ Times: 60' 1.80 12.31@114.4.
davesz3.JPG

davesz.JPG


Kev D
 
When I was back in highschool ( 1993-1997 ish ) drove a 1987 Nissan KingCab Xe...loved that little truck...was all rusty and beat-down looking until I got to college...dropped it, 18" rims, painted harley davidson yellow, with a black racing stripe...upgraded to SS exhaust, she made about 145 hp and 150 ft lbs. of torque. 5 speed. About a month after doing all of that work on her, I rolled the truck, and it was an insurance write-off..after that, had to get a topaz...( that was rough )
 
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

WOW! :drool: Nice Z28 you got there KevsfastZ! :O I wish I can put some money under the hood, but don't want to spend cash like that. :O
 
The first car was and is a 87 rx7 GXl. Its a little better then stock i did a mild street polish so like 150hp? and 140ish ft lbs. It weighs around 2600lbs. Its not a screaming car but it handles great and is fun as hell to drive. I got it off a close family friend whos a rotary mechanic for $500!
 
Not much for racing, but fun to drive (and how much better of a shot then parked in the High School parking lot) Off-road shot woul dhave been better, but this seems appropriate

 
1990 Mazda 323, in a hot sexy red.
The only mod I have is that during the winter, I have to take a fuse, for the cold weather causes the horn to go off without stop.

Don't make fun, I am serious.
 
McLaren'sAngel
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

WOW! :drool: Nice Z28 you got there KevsfastZ! :O I wish I can put some money under the hood, but don't want to spend cash like that. :O

Thanks McLaren, you own a Camaro?
 
1992 Dodge Ram 250 (Cummins Diesel). Not much of a vehicle, but I have to save for college. :(
 
xAkirax2004
This:

88.honda.accordlx.350.jpg


1988 Honda Accord LX. Looked exactly like that all down to the color. Except with a rusted body and such. It was a standard, and I learned to drive with it too.

Died at 249,000 miles or so. The headgasket blew.

I used to drive the exact same car. It was gold, and it was a standard too. Mine finally bit the dust around 275,000 miles. It was my first car too, I have pictures of mine somewhere on here, I'll attach them when I find them.

Here it is:
attachment.php
 
KevsfastZ
1996 Black Z28, M6, 3.42's
SLP CAI, Hooker Longtubes, Borla, Welds, Pro 5.0, 52mmT/B, ele water pump Nitto DR's, hotcam. Dyno: ? RWHP @ ? RWTQ Times: 60' 1.80 12.31@114.4.
davesz3.JPG

davesz.JPG


Kev D

Very Nice!! Are those wheels Cragar Streetsars? Nice taste you have. 👍
 
menglan
Very Nice!! Are those wheels Cragar Streetsars? Nice taste you have. 👍

Thanks glad you like it. there Weld Racing Pro Star Wheels and in need of some polishing
wld-96-57026_w.jpg
 
Im not much for the skinnies/slicks look, but those are some nice times your runnin. Your still in high school?
 
super cirrus
Im not much for the skinnies/slicks look, but those are some nice times your runnin. Your still in high school?

Well the cars built to go in a straight line; I'm still in High School 👎 :banghead:
 
KevsfastZ
Thanks glad you like it. there Weld Racing Pro Star Wheels and in need of some polishing

Sweet! The Weld Factory is here in Kansas city I believe.... Are there Hooker Headers that would fit a 305 SmallBlock?
 
picture0346do.jpg


That's my ride, so far only a Lingenfelter intake and TSP rumbler exhaust (I kept the stock tips) but I dynoed 257rwhp/293tq so not a bad ride for only being in high school. Can't beat $6000 for a lower mileage LT1 and for a car that will walk any ricer in town :dopey:
 
I drove the same car in high school that I drive now- an '86 Mercedes 560SEL. The factory rated the U.S. spec cars @ 238HP, but the car is almost identical (performance wise) to the 300hp Euro models; most guesstimates I've seen put the actual horsepower @ 260-285... torque is somewhere in the vicinity of 300ft-lbs. That's not too bad for a 5.6L V8 made in the 1980s...

And check out the torque "curve" on the engine (see the attached .jpg... it's for a euro-spec engine) 👍

Performance wise, it's not bad... fast enough to get me into a hell of a lot of trouble, that's for sure. Out of a 1987 Car & Driver road test:

Time to Speed:
0-30mph 2.6s
0-40mph 3.8s
0-50mph 5.3s
0-60mph 7.0s
0-70mph 9.3s
0-80mph 12.0s
0-90mph 15.5s
0-100mph 19.6s
0-110mph 25.6s
0-120mph 36.7s

standing 1/4 mile: 15.5s @ 90mph

300' Skidpad: 0.78G

Top speed: 140mph

My particular car did a 15.7 @ 89mph for its best run when I took it to the drag strip. However, my reaction time on that run was abysmal- 0.435 seconds. So the car can probably run a 15.2 or 15.3... I also suspect the top speed is higher than what Car & Driver got, since I've seen the car hit 140 before, and it was still accelerating...

At any rate, that's what I drove. I also had a 1967 250SE coupe, but I got rid of that before I could drive it. It needed too much work, was too slow, and had no air conditioning. I gave it to my dad in exchange for the 560, and he sold the 250.
 

Attachments

  • 560engine_data.jpg
    560engine_data.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 15
paulc87
picture0346do.jpg


That's my ride, so far only a Lingenfelter intake and TSP rumbler exhaust (I kept the stock tips) but I dynoed 257rwhp/293tq so not a bad ride for only being in high school. Can't beat $6000 for a lower mileage LT1 and for a car that will walk any ricer in town :dopey:

AMEN! that is what I love about AMERICAN MUSCLE
 
McLaren'sAngel
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Yes, I own a 1993 Camaro Z28! :O 👍 Check out my signature to get a look at it! :O


:drool: :drool: nice car, I need to move to the US, When a girl a month older than me can drive a car with an engine bay that could probably fit my car into it, Don't know much on US cars but is that a 5.7L V8?? How much is the insurance on that?? Heres my car



:lol: :lol: :lol:
1.2L I4 👎
~80bhp 👎
quater mile: 3 weeks from standing or not :lol:

Anyone up for a drag race 👍
 
Besides that, petrol here is about 1.58$ at the moment.

That's per litre. I don't know what that is in gallons.
 
McLaren'sAngel
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Yes, I own a 1993 Camaro Z28! :O 👍 Check out my signature to get a look at it! :O

nice! I love that paint, is that gunmetal?
 
Jacks
:drool: :drool: nice car, I need to move to the US, When a girl a month older than me can drive a car with an engine bay that could probably fit my car into it, Don't know much on US cars but is that a 5.7L V8?? How much is the insurance on that?? Heres my car



:lol: :lol: :lol:
1.2L I4 👎
~80bhp 👎
quater mile: 3 weeks from standing or not :lol:

Anyone up for a drag race 👍

:lol: :lol: I have a '87 Cutlass Supreme ill take you in :lol:
 
DildePer
None, for two reasons.

Cars here in Denmark costs about 5 or 6 times as much as in the US. We have the highest car prices in the entire world.

You are allowed to drive when you are 18. I'm 18 in 3 months.

But i think I'm getting my self a Peugeot 106 Rallye Mk1:

http://www.autoweek.nl/images/480/497.jpg

Or a BMW E34 525i:

http://www.carshine.com.au/Pictures/BMW/BMW E34 Body Kit Front Zender View.jpg

Both are around 8500-9000 US$. ****ING INSANE MAN!!!

how much is gas?
 
Back