High school kids: What kind of car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Freq
  • 121 comments
  • 5,799 views
I'm currently driving a 1998 Nissan Altima GXE. Pics in Sig.
 
Thirdeye
I'm currently driving a 1998 Nissan Altima GXE. Pics in Sig.

Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

How much did you pay for those Autobahn's? :odd: My Z28 doest have the side speakers equipped and I really would like to put a some new speakers in it. I have heard many good compliments about Autobahn speakers being the best. Do you think its generally true? :O
 
McLaren'sAngel
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

How much did you pay for those Autobahn's? :odd: My Z28 doest have the side speakers equipped and I really would like to put a some new speakers in it. I have heard many good compliments about Autobahn speakers being the best. Do you think its generally true? :O
I did have Audiobond speakers in my old 3000GT. (One of the cheapest speakers they sold though).

Go with them. They make incredibly great speakers. Even their extremely low price ones.
 
McLaren F1GTR
I did have Audiobond speakers in my old 3000GT. (One of the cheapest speakers they sold though).

Go with them. They make incredibly great speakers. Even their extremely low price ones.


Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Okay, I will take your advice and go with them! :O Hopefully, when I have enough time to shop for prices! :O
 
Autobahn makes a good product indeed, but a bit rich for my blood.

Pioneer is what I would recommend, more affordable and still quality.

Back in hgih school (odd that I can say that now :p ) I drove a 94 TOyota Tercel

Power - 82 HP
Torque - 90 ft-lbs
Weight - 1950 pounds
4 Speed manual tranny.

Milage when I got it... 86,000... milage at death... 146,000 ish... time owned... September of 2001 to November of 2005... sat for the better part of a year while I was at college... andsome other time out of action when I hit something... :p

Great little car... though doesn't compare to th 87 MR2 I have, or hte 99 Corolla...
 
LMAO at Audiobahn being considered good ...

Gotta love those highly over-motored subs, amplifiers with stolen designs, useless capacitors, etc. from a company built on nothing but chrome and advertising instead of quality products and R&D ...
 
Jmac279
LMAO at Audiobahn being considered good ...

Gotta love those highly over-motored subs, amplifiers with stolen designs, useless capacitors, etc. from a company built on nothing but chrome and advertising instead of quality products and R&D ...


Audiobahn is as good as they say.

The sound quality is excellent, and who says you have to get those overly-designed ones?
 
Yeah, you see so much Audiobahn gear in IASCA SQ competitions :rolleyes:

Go to any car audio site or any car audio competition and ask them about Audiobahn's sound quality ...

http://www.iasca.com/forums/index.php
http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/index.php
http://audioforum.termpro.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi
http://www.carsound.com/cgi-bin/UBB_CGI/ultimatebb.cgi
http://forum.soundillusions.net/
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/
http://www.canadiancaraudio.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi

And I obviously know nothing ... I've only been a moderator on caraudio.com for 3 years ...

Explain to me the importance of BL and Kms curves and how they relate to sound quality ...
 
I just ordered a Greddy Type RS BOV kit for my car....bbbaaaddddaaaaasssssss!
 
Dorifto
I just ordered a Greddy Type RS BOV kit for my car....bbbaaaddddaaaaasssssss!

Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Are BOV loud when you hear it from the outside? :odd:
 
Jmac279
And I obviously know nothing ... I've only been a moderator on caraudio.com for 3 years ...

What do you think of JL products?
 
McLaren'sAngel
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Are BOV loud when you hear it from the outside? :odd:

Some are, depending on what kind of boost you're running and whoever made the BOV. I saw an RX-7 go by, with I'm guessing, 500hp, and he had a VERY loud BOV. You could have heard him 100ft away shifting into 2nd gear at 40mph, loud and clear.
 
Right now I am running a straight pipe on my car(XS cat delete downpipe) paired with the already loud Blitz Nurspec racing exhaust, so all together with this Greddy BOV my car will be audible sex.
 
Jmac279
Yeah, you see so much Audiobahn gear in IASCA SQ competitions :rolleyes:

Go to any car audio site or any car audio competition and ask them about Audiobahn's sound quality ...

http://www.iasca.com/forums/index.php
http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/index.php
http://audioforum.termpro.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi
http://www.carsound.com/cgi-bin/UBB_CGI/ultimatebb.cgi
http://forum.soundillusions.net/
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/
http://www.canadiancaraudio.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi

And I obviously know nothing ... I've only been a moderator on caraudio.com for 3 years ...

Explain to me the importance of BL and Kms curves and how they relate to sound quality ...

Did I say you know nothing? No.
So don't make it seem that way. I don't care if you're a mod there or not.
 
I have 1991 Mr2
5sfe 2200cc DOHC 16v
130hp@5400rpm
140ft-lb @4400rpm
1155 lb front
1540 lb rear
2695 lb total
 
Dorifto
I just ordered a Greddy Type RS BOV kit for my car....bbbaaaddddaaaaasssssss!
[gritted teeth]

I. Utterly. HATE. People. Who. Put. A. BOV. On. And. Then. Drive. Around. Making. Them. Pop. So. Everyone. KNOWS. They. Have. A. BOV.

[/gritted teeth]
 
Duke
[gritted teeth]

I. Utterly. HATE. People. Who. Put. A. BOV. On. And. Then. Drive. Around. Making. Them. Pop. So. Everyone. KNOWS. They. Have. A. BOV.

[/gritted teeth]

Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Wow Mr. Duke, you must really hate BOV! :lol:

Back to topic!

About the audio things, I think we should all leave the sound quality just opinions. :O
 
Duke
[gritted teeth]

I. Utterly. HATE. People. Who. Put. A. BOV. On. And. Then. Drive. Around. Making. Them. Pop. So. Everyone. KNOWS. They. Have. A. BOV.

[/gritted teeth]


I'll be sure to stop by your house and say hello!
 
Not in high school but when I was I had a 88' Camero(blowout, rolled), after that an 86' Olds Cutlass Supreme(tore the tranny out), and after that a 71' F-100 which I still own. The Cutlass was a junker anyways so I would have fun by going 60 or 70 in a parking lot and slam it in reverse. That would cause an insane amount of tire smoke. I have to hand it to the car though, I did that about twenty times before it broke.
 
McLaren F1GTR
You should make a video for him. :)

I'm not sure as to why he automatically assumed I would be some jackass who is just running an upgraded blow off valve to get looks. I didn't just order a BOV, but rather the whole kit, so a custom aluminum hotpipe with all the connections and flanges and everything. 👍
 
I assumed that because that's what 95% of the people do who get BOVs.

Believe me, GRM just bolted about 20 hp and 70 lbs of torque onto their SRT for $350 - I know what a good adjustable wastegate and a BOV can do. But 95 times out of 100 they're talked about to the point of obsession by people with a clapped-out Civic with a primer body kit on it who like to scream along in 2nd gear and snap the throttle closed just so they can tell you it's been turbocharged.
 
Duke
I assumed that because that's what 95% of the people do who get BOVs.

Believe me, GRM just bolted about 20 hp and 70 lbs of torque onto their SRT for $350 - I know what a good adjustable wastegate and a BOV can do. But 95 times out of 100 they're talked about to the point of obsession by people with a clapped-out Civic with a primer body kit on it who like to scream along in 2nd gear and snap the throttle closed just so they can tell you it's been turbocharged.

Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Duke, I understand what you mean. 👍 Just don't like people showing off their material things as a way to say "My car is better than yours, so that means that I am better than you also!"
 
Duke
I assumed that because that's what 95% of the people do who get BOVs.

Believe me, GRM just bolted about 20 hp and 70 lbs of torque onto their SRT for $350 - I know what a good adjustable wastegate and a BOV can do. But 95 times out of 100 they're talked about to the point of obsession by people with a clapped-out Civic with a primer body kit on it who like to scream along in 2nd gear and snap the throttle closed just so they can tell you it's been turbocharged.

But it is fun to watch a guy in a 4x4 F-350 (Powerstroke Diesel with a Banks Six-Shooter and Propane injection) school the idiot that just drew everyone's attention to his unpainted body kit and his BOV. I love open night at the local drag strip. I only wish I had a camera so I could send a copy of the race to the Civic driving moron every month just to remind him that a body kit and a turbo won't make your car the fastest thing on the street.

Now just to keep the peace I am not getting down on everyone that has a modified Civic or a BOV on your turbo. I know a BOV can be a good performance mod if properly installed and used, and there are Civics out there that are very fast and well modified. But you have to admit there are alot of idiots out there with just a body kit and turbo that think they are the fastest thing on 4 wheels...
 
McLaren'sAngel
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

How much did you pay for those Autobahn's? :odd: My Z28 doest have the side speakers equipped and I really would like to put a some new speakers in it. I have heard many good compliments about Autobahn speakers being the best. Do you think its generally true? :O

Got them on eBay, but they're some damn good speakers. I paid more for the Pioneers but the Audiobahns sound a ton better, and have alot more low-end sound. Sounds almost like they have subwoofers built into them when you crank them up :D I paid $52 for the pair (shipped) on eBay. Not too shabby, eh? They were new too :)
 
Thirdeye
Got them on eBay, but they're some damn good speakers. I paid more for the Pioneers but the Audiobahns sound a ton better, and have alot more low-end sound. Sounds almost like they have subwoofers built into them when you crank them up :D I paid $52 for the pair (shipped) on eBay. Not too shabby, eh? They were new too :)

Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Looks like you got yourself a good deal! :O Meanwhile, I am going to have to shop around more before buying new speakers to replace the missing ones in my Z28. Thanks for the info! :O 👍
 
I've long since moved on from the woes of public school, but back in the day I drove a ten year old Accord (:
 
Duke
I assumed that because that's what 95% of the people do who get BOVs.

Believe me, GRM just bolted about 20 hp and 70 lbs of torque onto their SRT for $350 - I know what a good adjustable wastegate and a BOV can do. But 95 times out of 100 they're talked about to the point of obsession by people with a clapped-out Civic with a primer body kit on it who like to scream along in 2nd gear and snap the throttle closed just so they can tell you it's been turbocharged.

I'm not one of those jerkoffs with a Civic and a primer bodykit, but rather an enthusiast looking for both performance and fun.
 
I drove a 1991 Nissan 240SX SE until I totalled it 6 months later. Then with the insurance money I bought a 1994 Ford Mustang 3 and a half years ago.

edit:
Holy crap! Lady McLaren lives!! ZOMG!!!!!!!!!1!!11111
 
VTGT07
I drove a 1991 Nissan 240SX SE until I totalled it 6 months later. Then with the insurance money I bought a 1994 Ford Mustang 3 and a half years ago.

edit:
Holy crap! Lady McLaren lives!! ZOMG!!!!!!!!!1!!11111

Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Um excuse me...Did I miss something? :odd: I am supposed to be gone or dead? :odd: I really don't understand what you mean by saying that. :O

By the way, that "intimidator" stuff and the number "3" design on your avatar came from a movie about how Earnheart came into NASCAR racing right? I saw it in Auto 1-2 this semester and give it a 5 star rating! :O 👍
 
Back