High School

Given the strictness of your school your options seem pretty limited. But his parents could apply for a meeting provided they know the entire story. However sometimes schools are really arrogant and even though proven wrong they may follow through with the punishment, with the reason being a warning for your friend. Unfortunately it seeems as though your best option is to just be morally supportive of your friend particularly during his/her suspension.
I appreciate the help but it's no longer needed. My friend met with the nicest of the three principals and cleared up everything, leaving him with no detention or suspension. There wasn't a need for me either. His "punishment" is just to bring his grades up, which he had already started working toward the day before the initial incident. :)

I appreciate the help but it's no longer needed. My friend met with the nicest of the three principals and cleared up everything, leaving him with no detention or suspension. There wasn't a need for me either. His "punishment" is just to bring his grades up, which he had already started working toward the day before the initial incident. :)
Awesome great to see that it worked out! Study hard!

Today I had my last ever gym class. Felt bittersweet. I always enjoyed gym class ever since elementary school and this year's class was my all time favorite with one of my all time favorite teachers. Plus it was a lot of fun. The new semester starts Monday and I'll be going to economics instead of criminal law and be at Votech all day instead of having a class before going there. Tomorrow there's a field trip for Votech so I won't be in crim law for the last class but at least it's willingly and for a legitimate, good reason.

And on one final note, though this may be better oriented for another thread, today I started to sit closer to my crush on the bus. It's senior year going into the second semester and it's at the point where I can't really afford to screw around with this kind of thing; I haven't really done the best job of that in years past. But as I said, since this would be better suited for a different thread, if you want to talk more about this (which I am open to doing) part of this post, PMs are an option. :)

Last edited:
So today's been a pretty freaking terrible day. More than just what I'm gonna say here only because I don't think it'd be too AUP friendly even if I made it as clean as I could.

It was a Votech day and the instructor was with my group and we just so happened to need a work light. We had a supply of six work lights that are on a retractable coil a few months ago but we were down to only two because other people have dropped them and broke them. These lights cost about $50 each after the school discount and we used to have one hooked on each of the four vehicle lifts in our shop. Luckily the lift my group was using still had a light hooked to it, but it has to be hooked in a very specific position or else the cord won't reach the outlet. Well go figure that the light wasn't in that specific spot and I just had to be one closest to the light so I had to be the one to get it. I could see that the light wasn't in a spot to allow it to be plugged into the outlet so I started to move the hook on the light coil so the cord would reach the outlet but the instructor stopped me and started flipping out on me, saying that I should know how the lights work and "it doesn't magically change" from one day to the next and he told me to step away from the light so he could get it. Then as he discovers that the light isn't hooked properly he starts going on about how I "will never succeed in the automotive field because of stupid 🤬 like this" and saying that the light was fine to begin with and blamed me for "wasting valuable time that we don't have." Well now crap really hit the fan, because when he was trying to reposition the hook on the light coil he dropped it and the weight of the coil yanked the light out of his hand and it broke when it hit the floor. So now he gets even more pissed at me and starts ranting about how I'd be fired on the spot if this was an actual job and workplace and we now only have one working light and he would've kicked me out of the program if I was anyone else in the shop. As a result of all this mess we had to resort to using my cheap handheld flashlight but when I went to turn it on nothing happened so yet again the instructor gets mad at me. Thankfully someone else in the group had a light and we used theirs with no further problems. Then it was lunch time.

After lunch my group had to do another assignment this time involving brake measurement. We had two different styles of tools for measuring a drum but only one worked because of how it was made and the size of the drum. As luck would have it someone didn't believe me when I said that I already measured both drums and even after showing him the measurements I wrote down. He went and got the wrong tool to measure the drums himself and of course the instructor was checking in with us at the time. When the kid started to measure the instructor had to stop and correct him but grouped every one of us into it. I had to go get the right tool so I did but one of the other kids already had it so I had to ask him to use it. He decides to be an :censored:hole to me about it and it took someone walking by who saw the thing happen literally ripping it out of the kids hand so I could take it back to my group. I was only supposed to be a few seconds but that turned into a solid minute and yet again the teacher was pissed at me. After this there weren't any issues until an hour later when I had to get a rag to wipe up a small brake fluid spill. The rags were in the classroom so I went to get one and I overheard the teacher telling the current auto body teacher that he has no confidence in me.

So basically it wasn't just a typical long, slow Monday. It was a typical long, slow Monday on steroids. Happy to be home now but to be honest even this sucks. :crazy:

Getting up at 7am Tomorrow. I start college at 9am. Practical in the garage till 12pm. Lunch then finishes at 1pm. Then theory till 3:15pm. Then dreaded English at 3:30 & finish at 5pm. Cannot be bothered with English, I'll probably end up falling asleep in it. :nervous: Would much rather have it at the start of the day. Very sleepy towards the end of the day.

Since I missed a math test on Friday because of the Votech field trip I had to make it up today in class. As I was doing so the kid next to me who didn't have to do any assignments was talking to his one friend and suddenly burst out into a loud obnoxious rant with some bad words. I stopped working and said "I'm taking a test shut your mouth" and then the kid turns to me and gets even louder and starts screaming and swearing in my face while calling me a pretty decent amount of bad names and other things. Both the teachers were in the room at the time and who's the one who gets in trouble? Me for "talking and therefore cheating" during a test. I was allowed to finish it instead of getting an automatic zero and in most cases an out of school suspension but I still got wrote up for it. And what did the other kid get? Absolutely nothing other than a simple "easy, quiet down."

Talk about a case of bull:censored:. :rolleyes:

Since I missed a math test on Friday because of the Votech field trip I had to make it up today in class. As I was doing so the kid next to me who didn't have to do any assignments was talking to his one friend and suddenly burst out into a loud obnoxious rant with some bad words. I stopped working and said "I'm taking a test shut your mouth" and then the kid turns to me and gets even louder and starts screaming and swearing in my face while calling me a pretty decent amount of bad names and other things. Both the teachers were in the room at the time and who's the one who gets in trouble? Me for "talking and therefore cheating" during a test. I was allowed to finish it instead of getting an automatic zero and in most cases an out of school suspension but I still got wrote up for it. And what did the other kid get? Absolutely nothing other than a simple "easy, quiet down."

Talk about a case of bull:censored:. :rolleyes:
Your teachers must be really fun when a fight happens in school then :/

On a lighter note from my post above, our librarian called us students "fine young cannibals" in a recent email. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Your teachers must be really fun when a fight happens in school then :/
As far as I know only a couple are known for doing a poor job of stopping a fight. At my school teachers don't have the power to punish students for fighting, instead it's a direct, immediate referral to the office.

On a lighter note from my post above, our librarian called us students "fine young cannibals" in a recent email. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

As far as I know only a couple are known for doing a poor job of stopping a fight. At my school teachers don't have the power to punish students for fighting, instead it's a direct, immediate referral to the office.
Makes sense, one time a fight happened but the kids wouldn't let a teacher through to get in :lol:

Gotta get this out of me.... :indiff:

So I mentioned the other day that I started sitting closer to my crush on the bus so I could have a better chance of talking to her and also kinda pressure myself into it. Since the first day I sat there I felt like asking the one kid if it was a problem for me to sit in their area but I never got around to it. I would have today however. But today I got greeted with the one kid calling me all kinds of bad names and crap as he saw me through the window before getting on the bus and he doesn't know I heard him. When he got on the bus he was throwing and slamming stuff everywhere and making a giant deal out of it but without actually saying or doing anything aimed toward me. After today I'll be going back to where I used to sit which I absolutely hate because of the loud and annoying as hell kids that sit in that area.

Thing is, on my bus the seats aren't assigned to us and I've never had an issue with anyone that sits near my crush or even just the kid that was mad at me himself. And he never gave any kind of indication whatsoever that I had a problem with me being there. On top of that apparently the kids coming for me with some fists after my friend sent me a screenshot of a Facebook post in which the kid said he'd be doing so. Gotta love the "holier than thou and entitled to absolutely anything and everything" kind of people.

Swear to god this whole week so far has been just terrible and it keeps getting worse as it goes on. Honestly if I could get away with dropping out with it affecting absolutely nothing at all I would. Not just because of this week but my entire high school experience thus far as well. Only good thing about this year for me at this point is the fact that I'm a senior (and for those who know about how I am with racing, could be on the track as early as this year sometime after graduation). Come to think of it the last semi decent year of school I had was 4th grade. I'm just so ready to be done with everything school related at this point. I just can't take it anymore or at least not for too much longer.

It doesn't really matter what you put cause you either forget or don't care about the damn quote in a year or two anyway.
Basically sums it up :lol:
Mine was top notch lol, I still remember it, How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real. - Jaden Smith

Last edited:
So my school has been known to make some rather questionable decisions and such and I (unfortunately) tend to rant like there's no tomorrow about it. Or at least I feel like I do. This isn't another one of those rants, as I'd definitely like to have some insight on this.

Today a student brought in a wireless mouse for his Chromebook because the computers click pad stopped working. Said student promptly had the mouse confiscated until the end of the year because it "is not an approved device" as the principal put it when he made an announcement on the speaker. Well, the school has insurance on the Chromebooks but only if the user purchases it. It was a one time offer for a certain period of time, and the student nor his dad could afford it at the time so they had no choice but to go without insurance and hope for the best. Also nowhere in the Chromebook contract we all had to sign did it mention devices other than the Chromebook itself and it's accessories that came with it when we got it did it say anything about other devices. So question is, what is going on here? If you have any idea please let me know because no one I've talked to about this or myself knows of anything. :confused:

Let's just say it's a pretty comforting feeling when you have two 100+ point projects due tomorrow and still have work to do on them but can't do anything because the security service the school uses on the Chromebooks blocks everything when you're not on school property. And it's even more comforting that the classes have my two lowest grades and I'm already working my tail off to bring them up. :banghead:

My junior year is done. This is what 5 AP classes look like.

_DSC9327.JPG

4 inches of paper, not including notebooks and stuff. I can't believe I'm going to be a senior next year.

I had my last day ever of high school on Friday and while I'm happy it's over, I do kinda wish I still had one more week left just to tie up some loose ends with myself and other people. But now I can finally work toward eventually stepping in a racecar. I'll have to work my way up from literally nothing to get there but I'm prepared to do whatever it takes. And I can't wait.

My junior year is done. This is what 5 AP classes look like.

View attachment 650930

4 inches of paper, not including notebooks and stuff. I can't believe I'm going to be a senior next year.
I ended up with about 6 inches and I didn't even take any AP or honors classes. Apparently you had it easy. :lol:

I'm gonna say this much which I'm sure you've heard countless times already, but senior year flies faster than a greased up shaved cat with mayonnaise on it flying out of a cannon. And don't let senioritis get to you. Just take it easy, do what you have to do and you'll be fine. 👍

I'm gonna say this much which I'm sure you've heard countless times already, but senior year flies faster than a greased up shaved cat with mayonnaise on it flying out of a cannon. And don't let senioritis get to you. Just take it easy, do what you have to do and you'll be fine. 👍
I can vouch for this. High School as a whole goes by faster than you'd think, but Senior year in particular is such a blur. I can remember posting to this thread, excited about my Freshman year, as if it was yesterday.

And here I am now. I just got home from my final day of high school (Seniors finish a week earlier than everyone else), and will be attending graduation on the 16th. I was expecting nothing but joy and excitement, but it's actually bittersweet.

Eks
I can vouch for this. High School as a whole goes by faster than you'd think, but Senior year in particular is such a blur. I can remember posting to this thread, excited about my Freshman year, as if it was yesterday.

And here I am now. I just got home from my final day of high school (Seniors finish a week earlier than everyone else), and will be attending graduation on the 16th. I was expecting nothing but joy and excitement, but it's actually bittersweet.
It definitely feels like just yesterday I was walking into the building for the first time. And congrats. :cheers:

It feels weird being in this thread while also being two years out of high school.
Not to me even though I've been out for 5 years now and still post here once in a while. I stopped caring about how long it's been and still say something when I feel like I have to.

Diploma received. I'm still stuck in that "I can't believe it's over" phase. I'm pretty sure that when September comes around, I'll be thinking "shouldn't I be getting ready for school?"

Back