High Speed Ring F430 Z06 GT-R 00-10-20-30-40-50

• Thread starter Tomf4i03
  • 597 comments
Watchout for that Snowrulz1234 guy, he kept punting me all over the place, from front, behind and especially sides

Last edited:
I got a 1st place will grip/drifting with a F430 hehe
Marchbrown was there but parked at the S's

I started 3rd and the GTRs overcooked T1 so its pretty much a focus on track 👍

Im gonna go play see you on the track 👍

I seem to get really bad luck lately, every time there is a promising presence of GTP players I always run into trouble. I hit a Ferrari who spun on the racing line and that ended hopes on my last race. :(

Got some great racing going on. . . I think we got 6 GTPers online right now : )

Last race we all place 5 GTPers out of the top 6 spots : )

Starting back at :10

Last edited:
I got a 1st place will grip/drifting with a F430 hehe
Marchbrown was there but parked at the S's

I need to install handsfree in my F430 soon:sly:. Enjoyed your smokeclouds in the turns by the way. Always exiting to stay behind you, get totaly blinded of smoke in turns, come true them and discover that the sun shines on the other side of your cloud. Nice carcontrol man..

Last edited:
^ very true, yesterday was the first time I had to deal with races that had upwards of 12 people and starting at the very back of the pack. By about the third lap I was normally within the top 4 to 6 people and at that point is where some hack would punt me. There was nothing that I could do. I still think it is possible to get into the mid 6'10s starting at the back of the pack though. You are starting with a bigger disadvantage time wise, but no more then 10 seconds I believe. I will check that when I get on later today.

note: mid 6'10s meaning something like a 6'15 or a 6'16. Not a 6'10.5 or 6'10.4, just wanted to settle that. : )

Easy, mid 6'10s are easy enough for me provided I don't get punted, but I normally do. A 6'11 is my best time ever, but that might have been only 5 or 3 racers, I can't remember. It is 11.5sec, I have started 12th enough times to memorise it.:sly:

True... Best I did yesterday was 12th to 3rd (finished 4th because DRIVER_93 rammed me in the last corner...), but only 2 or 3 GTP/GTPRrs were online and I was very lucky escaping traffic congestions and collisions from remaining players (aka: mobile chicanes).

I said it before and will say it again:
a) No ruberband please. It's not even working well in this event. There's always 2 or 3 groups, not one.
b) Longer races, 10 laps at least. With the possibility to quit if not host.
c) Fix rolling starts. This can't be done in a single line with 5 car lengths between players. In HSR it turns the difference into 7 or 8 lengths by turn one, and if everyone ahead is as fast as you, rubber banding won't take you further than 8th or 7th, staring 12th. And that's with a lot of luck, and no mistakes...

This event would be closer to perfection with nascar type, close, side by side rolling start, no "rbe" and 10 laps length. 👍

EDIT: But then this topic would have to be changed to: High Speed Ring F430 Z06 GT-R 00-20-40 and we could only do 3 races in an hour. But it would be worth at least a try PD... (hint, hint) :)

Rolling chicanes, that's classic.:lol: I have not noticed rubber banding here, but if there is, it's between the people who are closest to each other, not outright position, and it doesn't slow you down, only speeds you up.

The rubberband effect is definitely there, otherwise I wouldn't be able to get to the top 3 or top 5 when i'm starting at the end of the pack.

If there's 1 person alone in the lead and you're trying to close a 5 second gap, the first 3 seconds will go reasonably well.
BUT getting the next second to close the gap to around 1 second is hard, since the rubber band effect is gone by that time.
IF you manage to close that gap to around 1 second it becomes easier again, since you're in the reach of his slipstream.

The rubberband effect is definitely there, otherwise I wouldn't be able to get to the top 3 or top 5 when i'm starting at the end of the pack.

If there's 1 person alone in the lead and you're trying to close a 5 second gap, the first 3 seconds will go reasonably well.
BUT getting the next second to close the gap to around 1 second is hard, since the rubber band effect is gone by that time.
IF you manage to close that gap to around 1 second it becomes easier again, since you're in the reach of his slipstream.

Yeah, I realised that when I got spun and sat in 7th/8 quite a distance from the pack and ran a 1'11.7 just before, no slipstreaming.

[GTRP]muffin;3129443
Sorry Holden, wasn't my best Race.

I was so cheeved, we were about to get a Corvette 1-2 finish and I got disconnected. As for the other races, if you were racing badly I am shamed out, as we were running pretty even most of the time. I can't remember what race it was, but it was sure fun dancing with you.:sly: You kept criss-crossing, you'd criss, I'd cross, that was majestic man.👍

Edit: And that 1-2 would have been from 7th to 2nd only to you for me, which is no shame at all.

Last edited:
Got some great racing going on. . . I think we got 6 GTPers online right now : )

Last race we all place 5 GTPers out of the top 6 spots : )

Starting back at :10

Some AWESOME races last night on this one - hope to do it again tonight and hope they keep this event around, but I think if a Suzuka one shows up plenty of GTP'ers will jump from here to there for a bit.

Gotta mention slicecom, drama-kyd, Axle, PickleAhoy, Sysrek, L_Hamilton, and Heli Eric here because it was alotta fun hangin and racin with you guys last night. And if you were with us real late you might have actually seen GTP_CWR (Chadwicksracing) come out of retirement to put up some blistering laps - always a pleasure to watch that guy weave his way through a group.

F430 is better for grip/drift. Its great that you could choose either drift or grip durin the race hehe.

T1 speed entrance should be 160mph for me and the start positions are better than Vette.

Oh if you stay up until 3am or something you will win races easy

Hello right you know these intervals once you've finshed a race do you wait 10 minutes ?
because i want to race you guys all the time

Last edited:
Hello right you know these intervals once you've finshed a race do you wait 10 minutes ?
because i want to race you guys all the time

Thanks for the PM. Send you one aswell. Good driving 👍. Didn't know you were a member here.

No, we don't wait 10 minutes, we start a race every 10 minutes. We start at the hour (xx:00), 10 past the hour (xx:10), 20 past the hour and so on...
We us XX because of the different time zones.

Last edited:
Some AWESOME races last night on this one - hope to do it again tonight and hope they keep this event around, but I think if a Suzuka one shows up plenty of GTP'ers will jump from here to there for a bit.

Gotta mention slicecom, drama-kyd, Axle, PickleAhoy, Sysrek, L_Hamilton, and Heli Eric here because it was alotta fun hangin and racin with you guys last night. And if you were with us real late you might have actually seen GTP_CWR (Chadwicksracing) come out of retirement to put up some blistering laps - always a pleasure to watch that guy weave his way through a group.
Definately : ) I would love to enjoy a day and night of that kind of racing again : )

On the :40 guys : )

Got a few sideswiping blockers in the races today. Met two guys that were fairly proffecient racers just now and as I was going to pass either of them they kept trying to put me in the wall. Both unfortunately tried a high speed manuveur on Turn 1 two laps in a row and both ended up trying to take out my rear end that was no longer where they thought it was. It was past them : )

Nice racing there : ) BTW

Last few races I have been unlucky...

One I caused myself and accident from trying to avoid danger...

Another I entered the corner and the braks were kinda locking and just went ZOOM and that ended my race

Oh and lastly last turn on 3rd lap me KOR_Punisher and someone else enter corner. KOR takes inside and moves outside I slip through...and then...the other racer dives into the inside of me... which ends up too fast which kills me and then KOR (side by side at the time) Thats my race over and still the racer gets away...

I cant wait for private rooms...
Taking a break to get rid of a curse ha...

Fine racing there mate : ). I seem to have lost a lot of skill with the F430. I used to be faster : (

u used to be faster? damn, i'm glad you're not as fast now because i would've never caught up to you. great race.

u used to be faster? damn, i'm glad you're not as fast now because i would've never caught up to you. great race.
I don't feel it. There are quite a few new lines that I am taking and testing out new things, but I just seem slower. my times are reflective of it too. I can't hit a low 1'12 a lap (whoops) for the life of me anymore. : (

Once again, that was a great race though. : ) I am headed over to Daytona for a bit. I'll be back later. Hope to race again : )

Last edited:
Back