Historic Race Car Cup?

  • Thread starter Thread starter OkeyD
  • 34 comments
  • 9,440 views
Messages
467
Messages
OkeyD
So for this race you're required to use a car pre-1979 and the AI is driving Ferrari P4's and Jag XJ13's These cars are all 15-20,000,000 credits at the dealership! Do you win one somewhere or do I have to start grinding?
 
Someone answered me to that question that he used a countach lp400 fully tuned with a wing. I want ti give it a try in an camaro z28 muscle car but need enough cash for the race mod.
I suggest that u get a charger and race mod it because it has more horse pkwer than camaro.
 
Someone answered me to that question that he used a countach lp400 fully tuned with a wing. I want ti give it a try in an camaro z28 muscle car but need enough cash for the race mod.
I suggest that u get a charger and race mod it because it has more horse pkwer than camaro.

Oh! I've got a Countach. Guess I'll try that.
 
The Countach isn't cutting it. As soon I get into second place the AI in first gets a shot in the arm and becomes impossible to catch, while the cars behind are nipping at my heels the whole time.

Is there any way to get more than 514bhp out of it? I would like some advice from someone who's done this event.
 
I agree I have the LP400, a race modded 69 Camaro and a fully worked 61 E Type...no joy :[ Thinking about trying a 1970 Charger as it has quite a bit of Hp before mods. Hopefully one day I have a 69 GT40 of my own :]
 
I have completed this with a fully tuned Ferrari 512BB.
Pretty hard to keep the fast cars behind on Deep Forest, Monaco is a bit easier.
 
Pretty lucky. ive traded in a viper and over the next two days a maserati and challenger. In return i have the Jaguar XJ-13 which now boasts 689 BHP and 998 kg.
 
trying in the mustang mach-1, was leading till the last lap :(
 
I saw a post in the forums saying their Countach is 550bhp. Mine is only 514bhp fully tuned with oil change. Is there something I'm missing? Any settings that can be adjusted to get more out of it?

I guess I'll try the 512BB. I was contemplating a Cobra but I can't imagine it turns well.
 
Pretty lucky. ive traded in a viper and over the next two days a maserati and challenger. In return i have the Jaguar XJ-13 which now boasts 689 BHP and 998 kg.

Who's the rich idiot that agreed to that? Tell him I'll trade him 10 fully tuned supercars for a 330 P4 :dopey:
 
yeah tried, the cobra. it's got the pace but is very loose even with soft slicks
 
Just did it in a mustang mach 1 (no expense spared)

well the deep forest track anyway
 
I saw a post in the forums saying their Countach is 550bhp. Mine is only 514bhp fully tuned with oil change. Is there something I'm missing? Any settings that can be adjusted to get more out of it?

Overhaul your engine in GT Auto.
 
won by about 2 seconds, 5 near perfect laps though (just did monaco too)

Will give the stang a go then. Really, all I want is the level 21 prize car ticket :nervous:
 
It came brand new as a prize car :scared: how often do you need to overhaul engines?

Not often, but like initial oil changes, you'll see a bump in power -- more so in used cars, however.
 
I managed to do it in the '62 special(buick). Pumped up the the horses ect.
Good fun.
 
Did it in the Mustang (you WILL need to adjust the gear ratio for top speed). God. My hands were sweating before the second lap. Won by 0.107. Now for Cote D'Azur :scared:
 
This Buick is really able to compete with these race monsters?

If so, I'd love to see it.

The first time I ran the historic race car race I took my maxxed out 74 Countach and it took my 4 laps of fighting to get past most of the cars. I finally got by the last car and breathed a sigh of relief when I noticed the display said I was in 2nd. I’m like, WHAT? Then I look at the map and there is another car 2 corners ahead and pulling away. When the race ended I saw that it was a Chaparral 2J. Holy CRAP that thing is fast! Next time I’m going to try and get a field with no 2J in it. If not then I’ll wait till I get a GT40.

NOTE: If the free XJ13 discussed in another thread is legit I'll get that and hopefully use it in this race. I say hopefully because I found my 300 SL Chromeline didn't qualify for the classic car race, despite being a 54 model. :dunce:
 
If so, I'd love to see it.

The first time I ran the historic race car race I took my maxxed out 74 Countach and it took my 4 laps of fighting to get past most of the cars. I finally got by the last car and breathed a sigh of relief when I noticed the display said I was in 2nd. I’m like, WHAT? Then I look at the map and there is another car 2 corners ahead and pulling away. When the race ended I saw that it was a Chaparral 2J. Holy CRAP that thing is fast! Next time I’m going to try and get a field with no 2J in it. If not then I’ll wait till I get a GT40.

NOTE: If the free XJ13 discussed in another thread is legit I'll get that and hopefully use it in this race. I say hopefully because I found my 300 SL Chromeline didn't qualify for the classic car race, despite being a 54 model. :dunce:

Whaat? Care to explain?
 
Whaat? Care to explain?

Look on the main GT5 forum. It turns out it's only for EU. We US players are screwed on this one. MAYBE there will be something coming for the hundreds of thousands of US players that spent the same money for the game as the EU players...

But lets keep any discussion of this in the appropriate thread.
 
If so, I'd love to see it.

The first time I ran the historic race car race I took my maxxed out 74 Countach and it took my 4 laps of fighting to get past most of the cars. I finally got by the last car and breathed a sigh of relief when I noticed the display said I was in 2nd. I’m like, WHAT? Then I look at the map and there is another car 2 corners ahead and pulling away. When the race ended I saw that it was a Chaparral 2J. Holy CRAP that thing is fast! Next time I’m going to try and get a field with no 2J in it. If not then I’ll wait till I get a GT40.

NOTE: If the free XJ13 discussed in another thread is legit I'll get that and hopefully use it in this race. I say hopefully because I found my 300 SL Chromeline didn't qualify for the classic car race, despite being a 54 model. :dunce:

From what I read of that thread, you can't use it for this race...
 
Thanks. Saved me 500k+ :sly:

I beat both races with the Shelby on my first attempt.
When I tried with the Countach, The Buick Special and the Camaro, I was not successful. So for me, the Shelby was the car to use.

Get in front by the 2nd corner of Lap 1 on both races, and the challenge is to then stay there for 5 laps.
 
Sorry guys, got my races mixed up. I did not complete the Historic car cup in the '62 special. Tried in my '71 mach 1 but no good, might need to up the traction control, rear end is very loose at the moment.
 
Back