Historic Racing Cup Expert Event Toyota 7 Race Car tuning help?

• Thread starter Bobtehblob
  • 52 comments
For B-spec, in the Cote d'Azur race, I recommend exiting and starting over if the 2J car is in pole position or there are 2 2J cars in the race. It's very hard to catch up from 7th if the 2J is in first place from the beginning of the race.

Here is what I used to win (A-spec) by 12.2 seconds over the Jag:

Tires: Soft
Power: 943
DF: Maximum
Ride height: -20/-20
Springs: 11.8/12.8
Extension: 6/5
Compression: 5/4
Rollbars: 6/5
Camber: 1.5/1.5
Toe: 0.00/0.40
LSD: 9/36/18
Brakes: 5/4
Speed/Gear: 149 (but 155 or 162 may be better)

Excellent setup!! I won easily on A spec and surprisingly enough Bob had no trouble either.

I tried the setups mentioned above and tried also both drivers but cant get higher then 6th with them.

They lose at the start to much already and most they are last on the tight S but if not they are over taken there as it looks like the car does not wants to turn at all or does not have any speed in cornering.

Got the max down force on the wings and 260km max speed so acceleration should be good but dont know why my drivers dont have any cornering speed.

Not had any difficulty with any other race with them ( 21 and 17 skilled )

edit: Ok, dont drink and drive...even when Bob is driving...I was driving on hard tires :ouch: and after I saw I could use medium hard my Bob won the race without much trouble :)

Last edited:
I aced this on A spec, no worries with the Toyota 7. My Bob keeps failing though, I tried restarting til 2J car is in 3rd, but it just ended up overtaking the first 2 half way through the first lap, and it was GG from there. I also seem to get 2 2J cars a lot of the time, but it's only the one near the front that's causing problems.

Thanks for the great tune!!! For the driver aids, I left them all on personally and turned traction control up to 7 and abs to 10. This had me winning the first race quickly and the second race quickly.

Took about 10 minutes each race wow what a great tune. Basicly I found that if I could just get to first place within the first minute then holding it was alot easier then if I messed up and kept racing.

One thing I messed up on in my previous try was that the owner of the car before me had bought the stage 3 turbo kit but had not applied it in the tuning section. You want the high rpm one which will bring you to the horsepower he has stated at the top. Also I didn't need to get the chassis upgrade or repair.

This was for A Spec, hope this helps someone else out having as hard of a time as I had with this race before this thread.

Please excuse my grammar.

OK, normally this event isn't a problem, in fact, I've beaten it with a Dodge Challenger RM. Now my Lvl. 21 Bob is acting like a complete retard and for some reason, keeps clipping the wall at the extremely tight chicane after the s turn. Even with these tunes he hasn't been able to win. He starts off, brakes (because hes a pussy), then gets down to 8th place. He late screws up even more when he clips that wall. It just pisses me off since he's in a neutral mood and still manages to do that EVERYTIME. Is there anything I can do?

YESSSSS! I've finally won it! Wow that was a hard slog won by 8 seconds in the end . As your car is miles faster then the rest but B-spec bob doesn't perform to well in traffic -_-. But I will post my full setup to help anyone else going for it

Car: Toyota 7 Race Car '70

Aerodynamics: Front 60 Rear 85
Turbo Kits: High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Transmission: 260kmh Top speed
Suspension:
1.Height: -30mm Front and Rear
2.Dampers (Extension): 10 Front and Rear
3.Dampers (Compression): 9 Front and Rear
Wheel Alignment: Camper Angle: 1.5 Front and Rear

That's the setup I used to win and anything not mentioned was left default or unchanged. This setup worked first try for me all though there's no guarantees it will work for you sorry. My B-Spec driver was level 21 at the time.

Hope this helps people out

Congrats on the Win. Now can I borrow that car so I can finish mine? 💡

Great tune for B-Spec too. I won at cote d'azur by 18 seconds with a level 20 driver

YESSSSS! I've finally won it! Wow that was a hard slog won by 8 seconds in the end . As your car is miles faster then the rest but B-spec bob doesn't perform to well in traffic -_-. But I will post my full setup to help anyone else going for it

Suspension:

That's the setup I used to win and anything not mentioned was left default or unchanged. This setup worked first try for me all though there's no guarantees it will work for you sorry. My B-Spec driver was level 21 at the time.

Hey thanks for this setup! I had achieved gold on all the other B-Spec race series at this level, but the Historic Cup was dealing me fits :) Got first at Cote on the first try....Thanks again :)

Dotini

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS TUNE DOTINI!! I finally managed to beat that damn 2J, so happy right now haha

No matter the tuning, the bob, the 2J at pole position, dead last; they all screw up @ the tight chicane no matter what. Pisses me off to no end. PD should start looking into this. A lot of posters have had the same problem so it must be a glitch.

Suspension:

This was perfect for my bob. Won by 20.043 secends at the end! Took over that damn 2J Race Car in the beginning of 3th lap and after that bob needed very little babysitting ^^
I figured out that it can help by having a real hot headed bob drive.

Thank you mate! 👍

bobtehblob your tune was perfect all i did was increase the top speed by a couple of notches and i was in first by the back straight won deep forest by 12 sec my bob's fast lap was 1:13.181

thank you Bobtehblob, the tune is great, currently running the race and my lvl 19 bob just ran a 1:11.820 in deep forest

edit: best lap 1:10.720

Last edited:
This race is frustrating the hell out of me and I was wondering if anyone could give me a tuning setup that worked for them in both A-spec and B-spec.

All help is appreciated :)

After this series pissed my buddy off cause he couldn't get better than 5th place lets just say he isnt the most precise driver... I messed with the settings for about 6 hrs... This is the tune that i came up with for both Deep Forest and for Cote. In Deep forest i ended up lapping the last car on the grid in B-SPEC!! and in cote I took first by the 5th Lap with 2 2j's and 2 2d's starting in the front. In A-spec I had the TC at 4, skid rec on, Abs 1, This made it possible to be aggressive as long as you tap the heck out of the brakes thru the corners if your using a Dual shock controller!!

HP= 930

TIRES
Bspec- racing medium
Asep- racing soft

Downforce: F:60 R:85
Turbo: High RPM Range Turbo Kit (Stage3)
LSD: IT=30 , AS= 55 , BS=30
Transmission: 217mph top speed
Suspension:
Ride height= -20/-15
Spring Rate= 145.5/16.2
Dampers ext= 9/9
Dampers Comp= 8/8
Anti Roll Bars= 5/4
Camber: F= 2.4, R= 2.2
Toe: F= -0.17 / R= 0.15
Brakes: F=7 / R=6

Hope this Helps ya!!!
RMPLSTLTXN

I know its 2012 but i know some people are still struggling with this race
i used the toyota 7 with medium boost medium tires
60/85 aero
tranny
final gear 4.066
top speed 180
1st gear 2.891
2nd gear 2.284
3rd gear 1.554
4th gear 1.137
5th gear 0.882
lsd
9/36/18
suspension
-28/-28 ride height
13.8/15.8 spring rate
9/10 extension and compression
6/6 anti roll bars
camber
1.5/1.5
toe angle
0.00/0.20

i won with almost 2 secs haha not much but better than losing

Suspension:

Hey!!
👊🏼😎👍🏼
Even if its 12 Years ago; i just took a "sentimental Ride" AGAIN with GT6.
Then... i reached THIS fu**ing Event... and really nothing worked.
After buying the " 7 "... i looked for Settings, and found YOURS!

High RPM Range Turbo Kit!
That
made the difference!!!
Cause the Toyota really likes to "wake up" at HIGHER RPM-Range.
One absolutly can HEAR & FEEL that.
And... why i reply to this?
I did the whole Event with your Settings... and WON at 1st try!
Big THANKS... in 2022, for this Tip.

Back