Historical events you'd most like to have witnessed

• Thread starter PeterJB
  • 63 comments
  • The big bang (which I still don't believe happened)
  • Impact of the asteroid that killed the Dinosaurs.
  • The crucifixion of Christ (to see if it really happened because I don't believe it happened)
  • Hannibal crossing the Alps
  • Maybe the very first Olympics
  • The build of the Pyramids (a short amount of time of course, maybe a day or a month)
  • Several important happenings during the Roman Empire
  • The round table meeting
  • The death of very famous outlaws of the Wild West.
  • The UFO crash in Roswell (to see what really happened, a real UFO or not)
  • The Philidelphia experiment
  • Wasn't there suppose to be a Montauk project for mind control and time travel? If so, I would like to see that
  • The disappearance of flight 19 in the Bermuda Triangle
  • The battle of The Little Big Horn and other Wild West battles
  • The demise of Altantis (find out if it really happened and where it is located)
  • Noah building the Arc. (find out if it really happened)
  • The great flood (find out if it really happened)
  • The assassination of Kennedy
  • The moon landing
  • The return of Marty from back to the future
  • Me being born (very important)

If time travel was possible, would you be able to travel in time to a point before time existed?

I know. I was questioning Kikie's suggestion of travelling back to witness the big bang. :)

Me too! If the big bang is as we (or as some) think then you can only be after it. And you might not 'see' much then either, at least for the first few bits, however long they are by now standards.

I know. I was questioning Kikie's suggestion of travelling back to witness the big bang. :)

Me too! If the big bang is as we (or as some) think then you can only be after it. And you might not 'see' much then either, at least for the first few bits, however long they are by now standards.

I included it tongue-in-cheek. I mean, where would you be to view that? The universe doesn't exist, you can't float outside of the universe and view the universe. And then when the universe expands, do you see it? You're not in it? Light is not traveling outside of the universe to your eyes.

You'd have to actually be inside the microscopic ball of matter and blown up with it in order to "witness" the event.

If time travel was possible, would you be able to travel in time to a point before time existed?
Well, pretty good question, IMHO. Our science does not know a whole lot about time, or what happened before time existed. Nor can we explain everything about consciousness. So, although I may well be wrong, I will take the position that consciousness existed before the Big Bang. Otherwise, from what did the physics (let alone the energy) originate that created the Big Bang? So, if @kikie were to assume a state of pure consciousness, who's to say he wouldn't have access to anywhere, anytime or notime?

Last edited:
Well, pretty good question, IMHO. Our science does not know a whole lot about time, or what happened before time existed. Nor can we explain everything about consciousness.

So from no evidence...

So, although I may well be wrong, I will take the position that consciousness existed before the Big Bang. Otherwise, from what did the physics (let alone the energy) originate that created the Big Bang?

...pure conjecture.

So, if @kikie were to assume a state of pure consciousness, who's to say he wouldn't have access to anywhere, anytime or notime?

Time travel isn't a thing, so while we're making stuff up, we can certainly make other stuff up.

Well, pretty good question, IMHO. Our science does not know a whole lot about time, or what happened before time existed. Nor can we explain everything about consciousness. So, although I may well be wrong, I will take the position that consciousness existed before the Big Bang. Otherwise, from what did the physics (let alone the energy) originate that created the Big Bang? So, if @kikie were to assume a state of pure consciousness, who's to say he wouldn't have access to anywhere, anytime or notime?
source.gif

Time travel isn't a thing, so while we're making stuff up, we can certainly make other stuff up.

Exactly. That is the point of this thread. If you're going to be grumpy, maybe go elsewhere?

Last edited:
Perhaps @kikie is a deity? I for one has never seen kikie and the abrahamic god in a room at the same time, so who knows.
According to certain philosophies, perhaps we all - everything - are fractals of a universal consciousness that existed before time.

Last edited:
Perhaps @kikie is a deity? I for one has never seen kikie and the abrahamic god in a room at the same time, so who knows.
Then he already knows how the universe started. He said "let there be light" and everything farted into existence out of nowhere.

This thread is taking on a "Restaurant at the End of the Universe" feel...

Last edited:
Exactly. That is the point of this thread. If you're going to be grumpy, maybe go elsewhere?

So what you're saying is that my post was on point, and your post...

According to certain philosophies, perhaps we all - everything - are fractals of a universal consciousness that existed before time.

...was about conjecture...

...and I should go elsewhere...

Last edited:
Does time exist? If not is it still possible to time travel?

Also, and this is a belief, if the soul is real we cannot go back to meet ourselves because a soul cannot be in two bodies at the same time.

• Wasn't there suppose to be a Montauk project for mind control and time travel? If so, I would like to see that
Project Pegasus, not Montauk.

Damn it, double post. :ouch:

Last edited:
Does time exist?

Let's put it this way, it is at least as real as space. Do you think space exists? Because space and time are part of the same universal structure called "spacetime". And changes in how you experience "time" result in actual changes in "space". A gradient in the time axis (dimension) causes a rotation into the space axes (dimensions) because spacetime is one structure.

Last edited:
I feel like visiting a blackhole is somewhat akin to time travel, so I'd very much like to see what's going on in there. You know besides the whole gravitational tide thing ripping me into individual atoms

Also, and this is a belief, if the soul is real we cannot go back to meet ourselves because a soul cannot be in two bodies at the same time.

Why not? Is there some property of souls that means that they're not capable of existing in multiple places simultaneously?

I'm baffled that you found it necessary to qualify that souls may not be real, but that if they are then you definitely know exactly how they behave.

W

I'm baffled that you found it necessary to qualify that souls may not be real,
I never said that. I wrote it in such a way that every reader of my post can make up his/her mind about the existence of souls or not. ;)

And like your tone!

Last edited:
I wrote it in such a way that every reader of my post can make up his/her mind about the existence of souls or not. ;)

That's what "qualify that X may not be real" means, that you explicitly wrote that X may or may not exist.

So care to address the part where you know how these things cannot exist in two places at once? Given that I am fully up with the current state of the art in soul physics, I see no contradiction in the idea of a single soul existing simultaneously in two different locations.

Personally I think that if time travel is possible within one's own lifetime then you're already existing in two bodies simultaneously.

Robert Heinlein even wrote a short story in which he underwent gender reassignment surgery and had sex with himself thereby becoming his own parents.

Really not sure about that one but I know it's possible to become one's own grandparent as per the following treatise:

Last edited:
Too many to list. Many of which have already been listed here by others. Even if I was only going back in time to be a fly on the wall.

One time period I'd like to go back and actually experience is 1920's Chicago and prohibition.

I feel like visiting a blackhole is somewhat akin to time travel, so I'd very much like to see what's going on in there. You know besides the whole gravitational tide thing ripping me into individual atoms
This is interesting, because seeing is just observing light and the event is pulling light itself, with every bit of light nearer the event being pulled so much harder than what follows. In order to observe it, it would have to not be there to observe.

Back