Holy Cow 1.6 Billion Powerball

Well what is it 1 in 292,201,338 odds of winning? Just going off what my ticket shows. For a $2 row of numbers vs not playing at all, you still have a chance.

@kikie - You are more than welcome to give me your money. And you already said it was too much, so no reversing your mind.

Personally, I would take care of my family before anything. And that includes MYSELF and my PETS.

Hmm. Lets see here.

4 Houses
- First one would be where family lives.
- The next 3 would be vacation houses. Florida, North Dakota and somewhere else I have not decided yet. Basically different locations for different time of year.
- (Not Mansions because nobody REALLY needs that much space. Unless you have 20 children.)

And reliable vehicles for all family members.

@kikie - You are more than welcome to give me your money. And you already said it was too much, so no reversing your mind.

Personally, I would take care of my family before anything. And that includes MYSELF and my PETS.

Hmm. Lets see here.

4 Houses
- First one would be where family lives.
- The next 3 would be vacation houses. Florida, North Dakota and somewhere else I have not decided yet. Basically different locations for different time of year.
- (Not Mansions because nobody REALLY needs that much space. Unless you have 20 children.)

And reliable vehicles for all family members.
Hmm, let me dream a little here:

1. Pay off debt
  2. Buy parents new house & cars
  3. Take care of other family
  4. Buy a new car and road trip around the USA for a year or so
  5. Buy some property in Colorado and build a house there on enough land to put a racetrack in my back yard. :D
  6. Maybe start a business. *work! gasp!* :P

TB
What the hell is wrong with you? :lol:

Good place for your mistress or the bodies.;)

Also, I would probably give each member of my family $25,000 and tell them that's all they're getting. Once you start buying them cars and houses you are just asking for trouble.

Not quite. The odds are the same, but you've got a bigger chance that you'll have to split the pot with all these extra people playing.

It gets into slightly funny math because whether it's actually a winning strategy to buy a ticket depends on how many other tickets are sold. But it's probably close enough that it's worth buying a ticket, although I wouldn't go nuts. Normal odds are a bit under 300 million to 1, so as long as the pot only splits in half it's still viable.

Like this Australian investment group that tried to buy up every single combination in a Virginia lottery back in 1992.

It's not a bad strategy if you have the capital to do it, but the hardest thing would be all the logistics require to pull this off, especially if states and lotteries have tightened purchasing rules since then.

Oh, and the Australian group did win the jackpot.

--

I'll probably buy a line or two for fun, if I remember to.

If I won that much money I would donate half to charity, then take care of family, and finally I would start a privateer team to race at Le Mans :D

Lets see.
I need new socks so Ill have to buy myself some.
Have to get an oil change so I'll do that with the money as well.
Oh buy some food to make at home.
Maybe take in a movie or two. Invite the mother-in-law. Well... yeah I can do that.
I don't think much will change other then have a few extra 000's in my account.

TB
What the hell is wrong with you? :lol:
I know what is wrong with him. Can I tell you?

he wants to be close to a his favourite and very nice mod. I think you know whom I'm talking about. :D

Crunching the numbers a bit:

Payouts:
29 annual payments: $1.3 Billion
Lump Sum: $806 Million

Federal Tax Man gets 39.6%

With Taxes taken out, the lump sum payout is $486,824,000

Pretty nice chunk of change.

I'm probably one of the few who would continue working even if I won that much money.:lol: The car I'd be using to get to work, however...

I think I would continue working as well. I'd get bored otherwise.

A good link* to read for any future winners, esp those of you who claimed they'd take care of their family. First thing anyone should do is lawyer up bc only 6 states in the US allow winners to remain anonymous.

*Link shows up through Reddit displaying the whole post, so posting it in spoiler tags to avoid the language in it.

* Running for my life and avoiding the mob at my doorstep every day asking me for money

* Become very paranoid (having so much money)

* Getting money related stress

* Buy stuff I really don't need and enjoy the stuff I really don't need

* Getting a little bit of happiness when I start to donate money to charity and help people whom are in serious problems, like medical problems.

* buy myself a harem

* definitely buying myself a single seater and a Porsche 991 GT3 RS for trackdays and a rallycross car.

* Build my own race track, anti skid thing, a place to drift a car and a rallycross track

* get life premium for many GTP members.

* Buy myself an island where I can relax, alone or with a few very good friends (and my harem of course)

* A few houses all over the world, mostly away from cities, busy places and people. I'm enjoy nature and not cities. Tell my friends they can go on holiday and stay in these houses for free.

* Help a few of my dearest friends/family whom are having financial problems.

* Going to the USA, round up American, Canadian mods and GTP members I know very well and throw a huge BBQ and party

* Going to Australia, round up Australian/New Zealand/Asian mods and GTP members I know very well and throw a huge BBQ and party

* Stay in Europe, round up European mods and GTP members I know very well and throw a huge BBQ and party

* A yacht, I want a yacht to go to my island.

* A private jet, to go to my house around the world.

* Building the most realistic and immersive racing simulator one can buy, like this one.

* Finally getting my helicopter license. Got some information last year and it costs around €80,000 - €100,000 to get my helicopter license. Too expensive! :ouch:

* Buy a mountain in Austria and build a few skilifts and skislopes

* :cheers:

Last edited:
Lotteries are a tax on ignorance.

Still cheaper than actual taxes. For a few hours, you get to pretend.

They put the actual odds on the tickets, so I know it's a statistical near-impossibility. But look at this way, 25% of my ticket goes towards making someone's dreams come true, 10% goes to some sort of general tax fund, 5% goes to the ticket seller, and the other 60% goes towards perpetuating the lottery machine.

I do not play the lotto very much. But at this kind of cash to be won, why the hell not! Oh one can only dream. Thoughts?

And how much of that are you really going to get if you are the only division 1 winner?
300 million with the rest going to the government under the guise of "Tax"

First thing I would do if I won this is tell my ex-gf I want her back. Then be like just kidding.

But really I would by myself, my family, and closest friends a lot of junk we don't need. And probably give a lot away to be honest. I'm happy in my current financial situation.

A good link* to read for any future winners, esp those of you who claimed they'd take care of their family. First thing anyone should do is lawyer up bc only 6 states in the US allow winners to remain anonymous.

*Link shows up through Reddit displaying the whole post, so posting it in spoiler tags to avoid the language in it.

Which 6 states are those?

Latest Posts

Back