homage to the pink vitz

• Thread starter z06
  • 189 comments
Originally posted by bondy_1625
you must get a picture man!! you must!!!:lol: ill be racing the mr series tonight with the save trick shouldnt take too long;)

ohh **** **** **** ****!!! i jus realised the mr arces arent a series are they theyre single races but ive already completed beginner, ameteur, professional, enduro and rally leagues

crummy aint it? I think im gonna buy another memory card so i can start a new game and grab some other cool colored cars that i missed out on...but yea i'll go grab my digi cam right now and see what i can do about a picture.:)

ok here are some pcitures...your really gonna havta use yer imagination along with them cuz its a crappy digi cam....but here goes...
http://www.geocities.com/grasshopper_unit1/NSXch.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/grasshopper_unit1/NSXch2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/grasshopper_unit1/NSXch3.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/grasshopper_unit1/NSXch4.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/grasshopper_unit1/NSXch5.jpg

once again....i DO apologize for my welfare camera, hey...if i had better, id use better :lol:

EDIT: If Geocities gets cranky just copy and paste the URL's:rolleyes:

Originally posted by SandStorm
Shut up, ChickenWing. :mischievous:
Look, guys, I truly hate to be a hardcase, but please take the slowchatting somewhere else. To the Rumble Strip, at least, if not to PM or IM.

GTPlanet is only as good as we all make it. Thanks.

Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
I think the NSX i won was actually white (from the MR Series)...either that or yellow.

Originally posted by Thio
i got the yellow one
IMO, i think the NSX looks better in either orange, blue, or yellow

These colours can not be won. The NSX Type R comes in White or Yellow in the Car dealership. It can be won in Flint Black Metallic at the Type-R Meeting (Amateur).

The NSX Type S Zero can only be won in Boulder Opal Blue or an unnamed purple colour similar to the Raybrig NSX at MR Challenge (Amateur). Don't know what colours can be bought.

In my games I have bought the NSX type R. In my first game it was yellow. In my second game it was white.

If you want proof go to www.gamefaqs.com and navigate to the Gran Turismo 3 faqs page. Look at the "Prize Car List" by eatbitter. I cannot post a link because they have banned the use of links. They don't like heaps of traffic from other sites as it eats their bandwidth.

here it is if you want to try but I am sure it won't work. You can type the link in your browser though.

It is a large file. I can post if people want it. Will ask eatbitter's permission though. I have slightly updated mine for some PAL differences.

hey gumpy, yesterday when you mentioned an orange S2000 that could be won at the Am Type R meet, i went and raced it and was doing the save trick over and over...and out of 8 times that i actually got the normal S2000, i got 7 pheonix blues and 1 that was light green....i proceeded to just take the black spoon version instead because i didnt have one, but all the normal S2000's that i won, were all messed up! in my garage they had no names when i viewed them...it was the car spinning in the middle of the screen as usual, but no name above it...just empty space....it was really werid! all of em, even the green one had the same problem, but for me i COULD sell them. 8,450cr to be exact...maybe that S2000 is notorious for being glitchy:odd:

I have a browney orange S2000...the S2000 in the PAL version appears as a space (in arcade mode) and you can't sell it...it's weird...

It does not feel very fast.

I have a little over 200HP but I have not put a better clutch/flywheel and tranny in it. Could this be why? I am winning the Vitz races easily, but after putting some money into it I hoped that it would be usefull in other race series.

Any thoughts?

The color rocks.

Originally posted by lewdvig
It does not feel very fast.

I have a little over 200HP but I have not put a better clutch/flywheel and tranny in it. Could this be why? I am winning the Vitz races easily, but after putting some money into it I hoped that it would be usefull in other race series.

Any thoughts?

The color rocks.

When you say it does not feel fast do you mean top speed, acceleration or lap times.

For good lap times you need to tune the suspension to your driving style.

M@N the PiTz ShOuLd Be SuPa F@sT!

No, really it won't feel that fast. Especially if you've been driving a car over about 600 bhp.

I was only about 2 seconds/lap faster.

I have double the HP.

I figure the power is not getting to the wheels. Anybody have some recommended upgrades/settings.

what gives....i went to all the trouble to take pictures of the chameleon NSX and NOBODY cares?? lol there were like 5 or 6 people saying "POST PICTURES!!!" and i did.....and then everyone just pissed off!! lol!! ARG!!:banghead:

Maybe because i couldn't even see the pictures...post them up as IMGs, or attatchments.

Originally posted by Ducati
what gives....i went to all the trouble to take pictures of the chameleon NSX and NOBODY cares?? lol there were like 5 or 6 people saying "POST PICTURES!!!" and i did.....and then everyone just pissed off!! lol!! ARG!!:banghead:

I looked at them. I was not one of the ones wanting pics though. I want to take it out on the road and see what it looks like there.

As far as Vitz setup I used this write up and it got me over the line. In some cases by more than half a lap.

More hp in an FF car wwill not do much unless you can get the car around the corners. So I still say work on the handling of the car and then the HP will come in handy. FF Cars do not give you major rewards from added HP. The HP is needed (up to a point) to compete but does not give you heaps of speed. In general I have found that max hp is needed on the Vitz for me to win the Vitz races with them. I don't use the Vitz for anything else.

read below them....geocities doesn't exactly like external linking....you can just copy and paste the URL's and it will work....

Also to be honest buddy all I think is happening is light reflection that happens on all cars. I don't think it is quite chameleon.

Doesn't look chameleon to me! (i just saw one of the pics)...looks like a regular blue.

Originally posted by gumpy
I looked at them. I was not one of the ones wanting pics though. I want to take it out on the road and see what it looks like there.

As far as Vitz setup I used this write up and it got me over the line. In some cases by more than half a lap.

More hp in an FF car wwill not do much unless you can get the car around the corners. So I still say work on the handling of the car and then the HP will come in handy. FF Cars do not give you major rewards from added HP. The HP is needed (up to a point) to compete but does not give you heaps of speed. In general I have found that max hp is needed on the Vitz for me to win the Vitz races with them. I don't use the Vitz for anything else.

Thanks! This writeup is great!:D

uuuhhh gumpy....you said you have the NSX....there is no way anyone can look at it and say it aint a color shifting painjob....there isnt any argument over it....the digicam does no justice at all....seriously it's chameleon....im saying this without implying that "it LOOKS chameleon" im saying it because it is ....you of all people should know because you have the car! take it for a race, night or day, it's a colorshifting blue/green and i can't see why anyone would argue! agh! lol

Here is one of the photos:

Attachments

• nsxch.jpeg
    nsxch.jpeg
    28 KB · Views: 81
Do you reckon these photos show the "chameleon" effect ?

If so then I am still saying it is light reflection not chameleon effect.

But I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

How would you suggest it is easiest to see the colour change. Is it by doing a race and then watching a replay ? Give specific details and I will do it. If I get my video camera battery charger / power cord repaired or replaced soon I can even upload captured images as good as what you see on the TV screen.

i havto admit...still photos don't show the shift...and lol a 45$ digital camera doesn't help either haha but just take the car out on a very bright track like midfield, and drive REALLY slow if you have to...watch as the car is coming towards you it looks like the WHOLE CAR is green, then as it turns to the side WHAM the entire car shifts to blue....

i don't even know why it's an argument....all you havto do is look in your garage view and watch it spin!!

i don't even know why it's an argument....all you havto do is look in your garage view and watch it spin!![/COLOR]

I have done this and if that is what you mean by colour shift then I am calling it light reflection. Sorry buddy.

hhhmmm...k im not gonna sit here and take it outta proportion...i guess we both just see it different ways! I wonder if it's cuz your on PAL and im on NTSC.....id love to see what yours looks like, cuz with the one i have, i can't possibly see why anyone would judge the car otherwise:odd: i'd love to actually be able to pit them side by side, or even someone else who owns it's opinion

but anyway back on topic....pitz rules:D i guess i'll tackle the pro vitz race tommorow night after i get off work!

I just used the settings from the write-up and WOW what a difference. My 284HP Vitz is a blast to drive. I used the Beginner series race to finance my FIAT turbo. $35,000.00 very easy.

I just keep running the races, learning the tracks, and winning by huge margins.

look at the speed lines on the vitz at the back. its trying to look like a dodge viper . lol:lol:

Attachments

• vitz-1.jpg
    vitz-1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 68
Back