Honda Civic - 10th/11th Generation

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 641 comments
http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/870331CD417B5BE8CA257E6700236B27

UH OH
HONDA’S Civic Type R hot hatch may still be two years away from hitting Australian roads, thanks to the arrival of the tenth-generation Civic in mid-2016.

Released in Europe in April, Honda Australia has yet to commit to plans to bring the fiery five-door hatch to Australia. Now, with the news that a new Civic is less than a year away, those plans may yet be delayed further.

Honda Australia director Stephen Collins said that while the Type R “will happen”, he could not commit to a time-frame, other than to suggest it would be some time after the arrival of the NSX hybrid sportscar next year.

“We're just working through all that,” Mr Collins told GoAuto. “I'm confident it will come. It's just timing. I think it's a major halo car for us. It's got a great reputation.

“I can tell you that, having driven the new one, the new one will offer outstanding performance. It will be a true Type R in every single respect. It's just a case of when.”

7782224571838355588.jpg

7409263367509249.jpg

More pictures and details

Honda has quietly revealed a preview of the 10th generation Civic in the New York Auto Show. Being a bright green coupe with a bodykit, it sort of reminded me of a modernised verison of this gem from the Burnout Series:

latest

Hope it turns out to be a global car, imagine this with a Type R engine! :drool:
I like the styling of the new Civic, but that green paint color doesn't fit the car in my opinion.

Talked to a dude at my local Honda dealer about the new Civic after shopping around with the current one, he was saying its the thing they've been most-excited for since the S2000. Granted, salesmen trump things up a bit, but it sounds like it'll be a big launch. He said that there is definitely a cheap hatchback, and it'll definitely be here by September. Can't be too far away from seeing a pre-production model, right?

Hmmm, so this is the new Civic; I actually think it doesn't look too bad. I mean yeah; it's a bit overstyled, but I don't mind it much. Though, I wouldn't recommend Honda using that green as a production color. Anyway, I can't wait to see the hatchback return to the US. I've kinda missed it.

Jewel lights on the Civic? YES

Sorry, its one of the few new style cues that Honda/Acura use that I love. If they've got jewel lights across the board, even on a cheap hatch, I think the Civic could take first place in the "New car I'd like to buy but probably can't afford" list.

I'd throw this around the track. Sure looks better than that EP model :crazy:

Boo. I had an '04 Si in Nighthawk Black. Good fun in it running around NYC parkways and freeways! Major Deegan offramps and Sawmill Parkway. Took it down to Virgina Beach a few times. If I had the Type R(I wished), I may never have left the states.

Sorry just personal preference. As far as performance goes they were still cool. And the Type R sure would be an animal. Mmmm there really isn't a bad one. If I got a Type R I may never leave the drivers seat.

Last edited:
Hey, a family friend joked how the shifter reminded him of contolling a backhoe. It wasn't to everyone's liking. Some people used to ask me if it was the new Hybrid( I debadged it).

Hey, a family friend joked how the shifter reminded him of contolling a backhoe. It wasn't to everyone's liking. Some people used to ask me if it was the new Hybrid( I debadged it).
Farmyard racer! Haha. The thing about Type Rs though, I love the sound. DC2 cabin noise. Once you have been in there its something you don't forget. Ill stop the hijack now. Type R soft spot.

Overall, I'm pleased with the execution, but the Acura-like grille isn't all that great. I have to wonder how well the styling will transfer to a hatchback. I think for a lot of folks, that's going to be the last straw for the Civic after the past few generations.

Overall,its not as bad as i thought....

They really are stepping up trying to overshadow and making my 3 series look unpractical and less luxurious than this.

My pet peeves still remain with the ugly obnoxious UNI-BROW and a caricatured rear end... If they made the rear light a little less big and painted the uni brows...

Can someone with photo shop skills make the unibrow disappear and smoke the rear light...?

The grill looks like they are trying ro mimic this:
Samurai_helm685_hi.jpg

Not half bad. I can see that in the CTCC. Looks more 90's Accord BTCC. Put some 19s and -5degrees of camber. 👍

jthomp1.jpg

1426073660023555471.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully this marks the death of the stupidly ugly front quarter windows that have plagued cars like the current Subaru lineup.

It doesn't look that bad apart from the chrome unibrow.
However I'm worried about how the base model will look. The current Civic is pretty sharp in Touring trim as well, the base DX/LX models with the horrid plastic hubcaps however...

Back