Honda Civic - 10th/11th Generation

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 641 comments
I am sort of in possession of one of these right now. First impression, I won't get used to the styling, ever. The interior quality is nice, and the overall shape of the dashboard is pleasing to the eyes, but to me the car has the same old Honda "blah" feeling. But not nearly has blah as sitting in say, a Toyota Camry.

As far as driving impressions, will have to update later. Only drove it at parking lot speeds to start, and with the weather the way it is here right now, I may not even get another chance to drive it since I have to give it up on Thursday.
How's the trunk entrance? Is the opening stupidly small and irritating like the Acuras and Camaro?

Which trim level do you have? I've only driven the EX, I've yet to climb into a Touring. I'd be curious to know if the leather makes the interior feel any different.

Which trim level do you have? I've only driven the EX, I've yet to climb into a Touring. I'd be curious to know if the leather makes the interior feel any different.
Not sure off hand, but cloth interior and vinyl steering wheel. Looks like a cheap-o model.

Edit: It's an EX. 2.0L, CVT, Cloth, sunroof, alloy wheels

Last edited:
First images of Civic Hatchback concept

Honda-Civic-Concept-Hatch-2.jpg

Honda-Civic-Concept-Hatch-1.jpg

Honda-Civic-Concept-Hatch-3.jpg

I'd be interested to know how much extra headroom that has compared to the standard sedan, and of course, how many thousands this will add to the base price. Honda is good at over pricing their cars a bit, and given how GM seems to be indicating that the Cruze hatch will be the "premium" model at Chevrolet, it seems like Honda would do the same with this.

If this is what Europe and UK markets are getting then they'll have the boy racer crowd like putty in their hands.

Screenshot_2016-03-23-21-03-34.png

If this is what my friend says it is then this might be of some interest to you guys. According to him its a "Civic that isn't available yet."

Last edited:
View attachment 529637

If this is what my friend says it is then this might be of some interest to you guys. According to him its a "Civic that isn't available yet."

I might be calling it out too quickly, but if I'm not mistaken, it's a Civic Coupe 1.5 Turbo with a manual, no? Honda announced that 2017 Civics with a 1.5 will have a manual option, since at the moment they only comes with a CVT.

Honda is such a complete piece of ****. The interior is garbage. Look at this:

20160325_175122.jpg

It's like Honda said, "**** all these stupid fat Americans. We will give them all kneemonia." Honestly, what is with the decision to put a hard plastic rim around the door panel like that? It totally kills your leg. The other side feels great, but little things like this are why I totally hate Honda. They always have a really terrible caveat somewhere in them.

The new Civic feels totally junky in person. It is completely outclassed by the new Elantra in my opinion. The Elantra feels huge on the inside. (that's what she said) The quality and finish feels comparatively outstanding. The Civic was a huge disappointment.

Attachments

• 20160325_175122.jpg
    20160325_175122.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 40
I can't say I noticed it on the last one I was in, but I'll keep an eye out for it next time.

You can tell that the Civic is still built to a price, albeit a higher one than the last few examples. The new Elantra is pretty impressive, though. Lot of soft-touch materials everywhere for the money, shame the chassis is likely a wet noodle compared to the Honda.

I had a bit of a poke around the Civic sedan/coupe at NYIAS, since the hatch we'll get will be broadly similar, and I actually thought it felt like a decent-quality product. Not dissimilar to the HR-V or CR-V, which you can expect I suppose. Looks good too. Not quite as cohesive as the Elantra @Omnis mentions, but definitely sportier.

The Hyundai's cabin is nice though. Partly because the designer seems to have used some tracing paper on the SEAT Leon's cabin. Didn't it used to be the Japanese that copied everybody?:

2017-Hyundai-Elantra-Limited-interior-driver-seat.jpg

2014-Seat-Leon-interior-carwitter.jpg

Nah, they just copied in-house from the Sonata. It feels just like a Sonata, except without the cavernous back seat. Hopefully the engine and powerplant are a little better.

I would expect that the Civic would be more interesting out on the road. That hard plastic on the knee really would kill me though. @homeforsummer did you sit in the junky base Civic or the loaded one? The loaded one isn't bad but the base model is just junk. It hasn't improved like all the others have.

I can't remember, but at shows they tend to have loaded ones rather than base models, so I'm guessing it was one of those.

I'd bet on it. We had a nice mix. It's really the dealers that put on the show without much corporate support. They've got their hands full with NYIAS.

http://www.goauto.com.au
HONDA has officially ripped the covers off the hatchback version of its Civic small car ahead of an early-2017 Australian showroom debut.

The Japanese car-maker has released just one image of the Civic’s rear three-quarter after unofficial pictures of an undisguised Civic hatch popped up online last week.

The images reveal that the production version is virtually identical to the concept that appeared at the Geneva motor show earlier this year, with the key difference appearing to be the absence of the fluorescent yellow highlights of the concept.

Naturally the hatch has a stubbier rear end when compared directly with its sedan sibling that launched in Australia in May, and it features a kink in the rear three-quarter window that is not present on the booted version.

Other differences include tail-lights – LED on the version in the image – that are integrated into a rear spoiler that splits the lower part of the rear windscreen.

Large diffusers and centrally mounted exhaust pipes hint at a sport variant in the image.

Honda is yet to release information on cargo capacity so it is unclear how it compares against the sedan as well as its hatchback rivals such as the Mazda3, Volkswagen Golf, Toyota Corolla and Ford Focus to name just a few.

Honda Australia director Stephen Collins said the hatchback version of the Civic would play an important role in the company’s local line-up.

“Like the Civic sedan, the Honda Civic Hatch, will be a very important car in the Honda line-up in Australia,” he said.

“In the small-car segment in Australia, hatches reign so we expect the Honda Civic Hatch to be a relevant option for Honda customers looking for the versatility of a hatch but with the proven quality, style and performance of a Honda.”

As previously reported, the Civic hatch and sedan will share a platform ensuring that they are much more closely related than in previous generations and both will be built alongside each other at Honda’s Thailand manufacturing facility.

Full Australian pricing and specification will be released closer to launch, but Honda has announced that the hatch will match the model line-up and key features of the sedan.

Entry-level Civic hatches – likely the VTi and and VTi-S if it is to mimic the sedan line-up – will be powered by Honda’s carry over 1.8-litre 104kW/174Nm four-cylinder petrol unit, while the VTi-L, RS and VTi-LX are expected to use the new 127kW/220Nm 1.5-litre turbocharged four-pot.

Pricing for the sedan starts at $22,390 plus on-road costs for the VTi and tops out at $33,590 for the kitted-out VTi-LX. It is unclear if Honda plans to offer the hatch for the same price as the sedan or if one body style will attract a premium over the other.

The Honda Sensing suite of active safety technology will be offered on some hatch variants and includes Collision Mitigation Braking System with Forward Collision Warning, Road Departure Mitigation, lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control with low speed follow and a lane keeping aid.

Other comfort features that will be offered, depending on the variant, include Honda Display Audio with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, electric driver and front passenger seats, heated front seats, heated side mirrors and push-button start.

Honda says the cabin of the hatch will follow the sedan in offering “high-grade materials and quality finishes”, adding that it delivers “impressive interior packaging and cargo capacity, featuring impressive rear seat legroom and function, roomy cargo space”.

The Civic sedan has been instantly popular since launch, picking up 922 sales in its first full month on sale (June), while grabbing 1097 registrations last month, a massive 222 per cent increase over the same month in 2015.

In July, the Civic secured a 25.2 per cent share of the private sales in the small sedan segment, beating out the Mazda3 and Toyota Corolla to be the top-selling sedan for the month with private buyers.

If the Civic sedan continues its good sales form it is likely that it will overtake rivals such as the Ford Focus, Hyundai Elantra, Subaru Impreza, Nissan Pulsar and Mitsubishi Lancer by the end of the year.

Exact launch timing is still unconfirmed but Honda says it will arrive early in 2017, ahead of the spicy Type R hatch that is expected later in the year.

Honda_Civic_large.jpg

It is a good looking hatch, I'd say. As much as it does kinda-sorta-maybe look like an old Accord Crosstour, I didn't find that style exercise all that offensive in the first place.

The big news would be that you can finally get the stick with the turbo(s), and the stick is available on mid-level trims instead of forcing you onto the CVT. I'm hoping that carries over to the sedan as well, but, who really knows with Honda. It really sounds like the Civic Sport is going to be the sweet spot, just like with the bigger Accord. Here's hoping the price isn't positively stratospheric with all of the goodies that come with.

It is a good looking hatch, I'd say. As much as it does kinda-sorta-maybe look like an old Accord Crosstour, I didn't find that style exercise all that offensive in the first place.

The big news would be that you can finally get the stick with the turbo(s), and the stick is available on mid-level trims instead of forcing you onto the CVT. I'm hoping that carries over to the sedan as well, but, who really knows with Honda. It really sounds like the Civic Sport is going to be the sweet spot, just like with the bigger Accord. Here's hoping the price isn't positively stratospheric with all of the goodies that come with.
This months Car and driver has confirmed manual for all styles.

That's the new Civic?! It looks like Lancer Ralliart! The sportback one at that.. Or Hondas own CrossTour.

The one design feature of this car I will never get over are those huge fake vents on the rear bumper. They need to disappear.

Edit: oh and this Type R should be coming to the states.

Back