Honda CRX

• Thread starter mp10
  • 65 comments
@mp10 I think you will enjoy this.
I have all the official JDM Honda brochures/literature for the CR-X SiR.

Book on lower right is Honda's official CR-X parts catalog for dealers.
Also have the official Honda Service Manual although not in pic.

If you can locate an old copy of Autocar & Motor June 20, 1990 ed. in UK...
...it has a 1.6i VT road test. I have that too.

crxlit-jpg.192146
That's awesome 👍 I'm gonna check eBay now :D

That's awesome 👍 I'm gonna check eBay now :D

I got all the stuff back when I lived in Japan. Had an EF9 while there.
I have all the lit for EF9 Sir including Mugens stuff too. :D

Happy hunting on eBay. :)
Cover of that Autocar Mag is "130MPH Fiesta Turbo".

Last edited:
I got all the stuff back when I lived in Japan. Had an EF9 while there.
I have all the lit for EF9 Sir including Mugens stuff too. :D

Happy hunting on eBay. :)

Unless you want to sell yours? :P
I'm planing a trip to Japan soon, might do some JDM hunting there.

Sorry not for sale, if you do go to Japan, let me know where...
...I'll try to point you to some specialty shops that might have the stuff still...
...but it probably won't be cheap, I got all this stuff back in early 90s.

Thought I'd give you a heads up, Endless Horizon Motorsport has gone bankrupt and dissolved the company.

Thought I'd give you a heads up, Endless Horizon Motorsport has gone bankrupt and dissolved the company.

:( Now that's a shame, DAZ from crx UK joined them right from DNR tuning? Only a few years ago. Who else would you advise going to that's local to me? West Midlands.

Yeah, gutted for Daz but he's skilled so hopefully he finds something to fall back on.

As for other places there's a few around the country I'd recommend, you've got TDI North in Warrington, TGM in Fleet, TDI South in Grays and R Motion in South Wales, about 20 minutes from the Severn Bridge, all highly experienced when it comes to Hondas.

Quick Update.

Car has been a delight to drive, main problems have now been sorted. going in for a new set of rear tyres, Toyo Proxes T1-R. Brake hoses could not be fitted to the car, garage said that they were too long?? which is a little weird as they were off a CRX from the seller. will look into that once again as i do need a new set of brake hoses anyway, if also else fails i'll stick to some standard brake hoses for now.

@Richardrfo thanks for the recommendations, will look to taking it down some time before winter arrives. 👍

Update:

Car had it's MOT done recently, handbrake cables and CV boots replaced. sourced some Track rod ends so they will go on soon. Ordered some new headlight bulbs, Osram Nightbreaker plus H4.

Slight water leak in the rear boot has reappeared so I've also ordered some new gaskets for the rear light cluster.

I don't really have any major plans for the car now, just going to enjoy it as is. :D:tup:

Be careful with track rod ends, they'll almost definitely be 16v ones that are too long, but I believe the 'bolt' part on the end is the perfect amount to be cut off to fit, just double check that before taking my word for it :lol:

Be careful with track rod ends, they'll almost definitely be 16v ones that are too long, but I believe the 'bolt' part on the end is the perfect amount to be cut off to fit, just double check that before taking my word for it :lol:

:D thanks. Ordered from the forum, from a seller whom I've ordered from before, should be the right ones. Are there any measurements to compare...just in case ;)

Osram night breakers are great, forgot to take a before and after pic tho. Going to get some new sidelights too, brother has a spare xenon bulbs, so I'll see how they look.

Cars been a delight to drive, daily driving is maybe 1 mile so other than that I take it on a weekend blast. Also with more good news on the suspension, initial thoughts were previous owner may have messed around with the rear suspension, but after a little enquiring on my brothers part it seems the rear suspension was not correctly adjusted in order to lower the car. So eventually I can now sort out the height once and for all....now to book it in with the garage.

Also ordered some Aero wipers seeing as the current set are worn down, also some RainX anti-fog. next up some new windscreen washers, a little unsure on which to get... @Richardrfo any ideas which to go for?

Had a look around on the 6two1 site, really tempted to get a personal wheel now, but the momo wheel i have at the moment has some sentimental value :D along with it being just right.

Next plans will be the bodywork, with the rust spots on the rear arches coming out, it will definitely need work done it. passenger side sills are ok, driver side small area which will also need some looking at.

Windscreen washers are a no brainer, Honda Jazz ones make a world of difference for such a basic part.

Car was misfiring this past few days, just didn't seem to engage VTEC, spluttered a little past 5k revs. Left it at the garage and they've cleaned the distributor terminals, and it seems to have done the job, no fee charged :)

I also drained the antifreeze, topped it up with the new stuff. New light gaskets replaced, and that seems to have worked too.

Car should be going in the bodyshop for a while in March for new arches, and passenger side sills. That's it for now. :)

If you ever see some ODB0/1 dizzies for sale cheap, snap one or two up for spares as the caps and rotor arms are parts you'll want in the future to replace or straight swap the dizzy. The difference between ODB0 and 1 is just the plugs, you can cut and change them over, I think the forum has a guide to wiring them up.

Quick update

Suspension problems sorted once and for all, feared the worst as the ride did begin to feel more harsh than in the first months of ownership. Took the car down to PureCustoms in Coventry on Thursday, they looked it over, took out the suspension, serviced it and sorted out the height and preload. Took it out for a quick drive and it feels so much better now, more planted and not as harsh. I do miss the lowered look of the car but after all i know for a fact that i will enjoy it way more now.

Ordering some stock lug nuts for the Honda Fat Fives, gonna get them painted, not sure whether to go for Anodized red or blue. Called up 6two1, asked about the various branded lug nuts and was best advised not to go for them, as they don't sit well with stock Honda alloys.

$_35.JPG
$_35.JPG

Thanks for the recommending them earlier on @Richardrfo They've got some awesome steering wheels too, Personal range is pretty awesome...tempted to get this.

neo-grinta-6497352090_1-1.jpg

That's one cool car you've got there. Looks very similar to the CRX in GT6. Just curious, did you add any exterior modifications to this car, because I can not tell.

That's one cool car you've got there. Looks very similar to the CRX in GT6. Just curious, did you add any exterior modifications to this car, because I can not tell.

Thanks 👍 No exterior modifications by me, had wind deflectors, Honda EG Fat Fives put on by previous owner and Stanley Foglights.

Thanks 👍 No exterior modifications by me, had wind deflectors, Honda EG Fat Fives put on by previous owner and Stanley Foglights.
What about those rims? Again, I can't tell if they are stock or custom.

@mp10 @spikeyhairdude I've got the suede 350mm with red stitching, feels fantastic! Incredible quality for the price, would advise wearing gloves if you did choose suede but the leather and deep corn Personal/Nardi wheels both still feel great, all of us local to the store run them!

Also, if you only do 1 exterior mod any time soon, make it a J's Racing lip, looks like it should be a factory feature! You can get poly rep ones pretty cheap.

Last edited:
@mp10 @spikeyhairdude I've got the suede 350mm with red stitching, feels fantastic! Incredible quality for the price, would advise wearing gloves if you did choose suede but the leather and deep corn Personal/Nardi wheels both still feel great, all of us local to the store run them!

Also, if you only do 1 exterior mod any time soon, make it a J's Racing lip, looks like it should be a factory feature! You can get poly rep ones pretty cheap.

Thanks, I'm kinda crossed between the red and blue, gonna measure my wheel up soon. Did you get a HKB boss from 6two1 too? Seen a few updates of yours on Instagram, good to see its back :D:tup:

Also whats your view on fully synthetic and part synthetic oils? i'm going for castrol magnatec 10w40 part synth on mines.

@mp10 I used the HKB adapter from 6two1 on a Momo boss, fits straight on without a problem!
350 is a nice size, some prefer 330 but any smaller I'd say is probably too small really.
The blue wheel is very blue compared to the Celestial Blue of the car, it's a tough one to match to but red would probably match with the interior nicely!

I've always only used 10w40 part synthetic in mine, as has anyone I know with a B16. Motul is good, available from Opie Oils, usually great prices from their site.

Ok so now im confused, I went and bought some new engine oil for the car, the old oil was drained out and we also replaced the Oil filter, replaced with 4 litres of 10w40 and the dipstick reading is on the minimum marker????

There are no leaks anywhere too, left the car standing for a good 4 hours now and still the same. Any idea whats happened? @Richardrfo any idea?

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure it's meant to be 3.5 - 4 litres on the B16, so unless some has gone into filling the filter I'm not entirely sure, how's it looking now a few days later? Keep an eye on it and keep it topped up, keeping track of any usage you notice. @mp10

I'm pretty sure it's meant to be 3.5 - 4 litres on the B16, so unless some has gone into filling the filter I'm not entirely sure, how's it looking now a few days later? Keep an eye on it and keep it topped up, keeping track of any usage you notice. @mp10

Thanks @Richardrfo was still the same the following day, added half a litre and its ok now. Guess the bottle had maybe 3.5litres in there, cars running well.

Latest Posts

Back