Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
Let me know when ya find out, cause those are goin on the top of my list for whats next for my ride.
I agree with you too, thats one clean 5th Gen, for some reason though, I never seem to like them unless they're in white.
I'm kind of jealous of you to be honest, theres nothing like that around here. Basically if me and my friends want to cruise and hang out with other Preludes, or even other Honda's, we're stuck with guys with more nipple lights and exhaust tips (not even mufflers, just exhaust tips) than performance modifications.

hahaha.

I realy realy, dont like the 5th gen i think its just behind the HRV for being the ugliest honda ever made... But that one.. fuwaw... that thing is HAWT! <-- yes with a capital T. Definantly the best one ive ever seen.

Mclaren_man, im realy liken your car to, the third and fourth gens are soo mad :) i would have bought but the afformentioned lack of doors was kinda a crap hehe.

~Sp33~

Speaking of 3rd gen Preludes, anyone know what this headlight mod is called, or seen it done before?
MugenLude20050113213322madcarfile1.jpg

I love how he did the headlights and wanna talk my friend into it, but don't know where to begin. Any ideas?

Oh, and heres something for Mclaren_Man. Gives you a nice overall look at the size of your car, in case you were ever wondering.
3rd%20gen%20honda.jpg

That blue 3rd gen is in the same car club as mine, except he lives in sydney I think. check out the webstie www.preludeaustralia.com, the username of the owner of that car is Flipmods, it is insane, he has done everything possible to it and cos its turbocharged he drags off commodores in it :D.

That is the sleepy eye look. You can do that manually yourself by taking out the fuse for the headlights then winding them up manually yourself, of course you cant drive at night with it like that as the lights wont project properly. There is a kit for it that makes it pop up only half way and replaces the headlights with ones at different angles so that they can still project light properly. (like that one pictured above).

Edit: Thanks for the pic man, I have downloaded the entire service manual for my car which also has the measurements. I never realised how low my "ride" is, i think I will have to invest in some jackstands because I cant quite get to the oil filter if i wanna service it myself

Hmm, i'll have to do some looking up on the kit, and the projection style headlight conversion stuff. The last time I looked, it was almost $300 to convert it from bulbs to normal projection style lighting.
Cool site by the way, I wish we had something like that here. Unfortuantly, all we have is the Ottawa Prelude Club, which is almost 8 hours away, which is pretty pointless to join.

Muh car also too low :(

When i changed to oil filter for the first time i got muh head stuck hehe :(

i also found a pretty mad site for the 4g civic www.civic4g.com it has heaps of info and a load of pics (mostly riced but wat ya gunna do)

Oh and by too low, i mean i still wanna lower it ;)

~Sp33~

@Sp33 - If your car is anything like 2nd and 3rd gen Preludes, once you lower it, your basically sitting below the bumper of most trucks and larger cars. With just a 2" drop, you'll almost be able to slip under transports in order to jump 2 lanes. :lol: 👍

Don't mean to change the topic, but I had a pretty big scare today. Drove to my parents, then back to my place, and on the way, I noticed the smell of oil, and whenever I stopped, smoke would come out from under my hood. I was a block away from home, so I floored it home and found that my engine was leaking oil onto my headers, right in front of the flex pipe. :scared:

Got it to my shop, who happens to be a friend of my dad to look at right away, and walked away from my baby thinking the worst. Luckily, not long after, I got a call from him saying it was nothing more then a $4 ring where the oil goes into the oil cooler, and I can pick it up tomorrow. :D 👍

Anyone else ever have a scare like that?

yea' woo~ fast and furious style XD.

I was driving down the highway, and i was kinda sitting on the speedlimit (cough) and i looked down after a while and noticed that my temperature guage had past hot and was 3/4 the way back down to cold :eek: AS soon as i saw it i slammed the brakes on and pulled over to the side and turned the car off. Muh passenger (also happened to be muh dad, whos a mechanic extrordinair) looked at me and said wat the hells wrong!? i pointed out the problem and hes like.. well wat can we do here?.. i didnt have any water or anything, so i drove it to the nearest servicestation and poored water of muh radiator as we where trying to find a leak. The coolant in the overflow topup container was bubbling away.... *sigh* i was almost in tears. after we cooled it back down we toped up the radiator and drove it home for a closer inspection... Seems that muh waterpump was farked and it was pissing out water ten ways from sunday ;_; Luckily no damage was done and after it was replaced apart from the smell of burning its fine. luckily the oil didnt get effected and all gaskets are still in place and fine :)

Lets hope that never happens again

~Sp33~

I hate scares like that.

Once I was in a car park and had just finished work, I turned my car to the on position then after about a second everything, and I mean everything went dead. The digital clock, my cd deck, power windows (which I had just opened!) along with my half opened sunroof.....

Popped the bonnet (lucky that wasnt electrically operated :lol: ) looked around the battery area and everything seemed normal. Rang my dad and he came up and had a quick look, (he is also an ex mechanic) jiggled the battery terminal and my music started blasting from inside my car (ACDC) and I was all happy again. For those few minutes I was panicking like all hell, started to think about how much it would cost me to get it fixed, luckily for me it was nothing.

PS: Im not as good at story telling as Sp33

Also SRV, I have forgotten or just dont know what model your lude is, SI,SI VTEC, S VTIR? I think you said once that you have VTEC so im assuming SI VTEC or VTIR...

Mclaren_Man
Also SRV, I have forgotten or just dont know what model your lude is, SI,SI VTEC, S VTIR? I think you said once that you have VTEC so im assuming SI VTEC or VTIR...

I have a 1993 Prelude SR-V (190hp, 7500rpm redline stock)...Which is the U.S. and JDM Prelude VTEC...Same way the 1999 Civic Si is called a Civic SiR here in Canada.

@Sp33 - I had that happen in my old car after racing a Grand Prix GTP, only instead of it being nothing, it turned out I blew my head gasket and cracked my turbo housing, causing me to start burning oil faster then an ignited Iraq oil well. But hey, atleast I won the race. :lol:

got some quotes for a cat back exhaust for my car the other day. I am looking at around $300-350 (AUD) for a mild steel system. I am still pondering whether to have a resonator on it because if I dont have one it will be about $40-50 less. Does a resonator make much difference on a 2litre?

A resonator won't make that big of a difference. Neither of my friends have them on their cars here, as our cars don't come with one. Depending on the style of muffler you put on, and the noise laws where you live, you may want to put one on, as your style Prelude can create a pretty loud, and low exhaust note depending on what muffler you use. If its horsepower your after, i'd go without one but prepare for a more muffled sound, but if laws don't permit you to remove it, or pull up to your house at 6000 rpm at 3am every night, then i'd leave it on.

Its really just personal preference though if the law permits it. Honestly, I wouldn't put it on, to save money, and have a crisper exhaust note, but thats just me.

The price you stated isn't bad, as long as its stainless steel, i'd go with it. Who makes your cat-back system, and what style muffler are you putting on your car? Any pictures?

Ummm its only a mild steel system but they way I look at it, I am not going to have the car that long so its not like the exhaust will need to last that long. Plus the guy said that their mild steel systems have a 2 year warranty, and they usually last about 6 years because they're are coated inside and out with a higher grade steel that gives extra protectiona long with a nice black colour :sly:. The system they use is a customized lukey unit (Aussie brand, ive heard all good about them) and they make their own custom mufflers depending on the car it is being installed on, so sorry no pics...

I am seriously doubting about getting a resonator now, because the guys on prelude australia said it only lowers it a few decibels, plus I'm not getting a cannon on it so it should be quiet anyway.

All I need now is the money, that will take about 3-4 weeks :rolleyes:

Mclaren_Man
and cos its turbocharged he drags off commodores in it :D.

Not really all that hard to do ;).

That bluelude looks pretty damn nice.

Mclaren_Man
Ummm its only a mild steel system but they way I look at it, I am not going to have the car that long so its not like the exhaust will need to last that long.

Why do ya plan on getting rid of your car? Personally, I love the style of your Prelude. They're have a classic sporty exterior, with a timeless interior that still puts most of todays cars to shame in the way of style. They're also the lightest Prelude made, and with the AWS, it will out turn almost any FF car on the market. Aslong as your ride is in good condition, which it seems like it is, i'd honestly work on it and keep it well maintained as it could be a very enjoyable car for ya for many years. 👍

ohhhhh.....geee.....I would love to do that

the thought had crossed my mind, I wouldn't mind doing it up a fair bit and holding onto it, but there will be a time in my life where I wont use it anymore (need a family car) and the thought of having 3 or more cars in the family would be a bit expensive.

Having said that, one of the older guys in Prelude Australia is 28 years old and has had his for quite a while and he just uses it on weekends for fun...

A mild steel system will do for now then in 2-3 years time if I decide to hold onto it then Ill go full stainless (still no cannon tho :) ), high flow cat extractors and CAI. All up that should get me around and extra 10Kw

By the way, I also washed my car the other day and it was looking nice so I took a few photos. (I really need to stop taking so many photos of it, I think my girlfriend is getting jealous :lol: )

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/1990_Prelude/smallervoflightsup.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/1990_Prelude/Smallervoffrontlight.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/1990_Prelude/smallervoffrontatcarpark.jpg

The front end of my car is definitly its styling strong point, low & wide, almost NSX like :sly:

Mclaren_Man
(I really need to stop taking so many photos of it, I think my girlfriend is getting jealous :lol: )

The front end of my car is definitly its styling strong point, low & wide, almost NSX like :sly:

Definitly love that shot of your front left corner. 👍
Why not just include your g/f in on the pictures? Girls like to pretend to be models, so give her a chance to show her stuff. You don't even need film or space left in the camera, just let her pose and pop a couple flashes at her to shut her up. :lol:

Word from the wise though, if you decide to do some slip n slide action on the hood, make sure her jeans are off first, cause zippers and snaps scratch the paint. :grumpy:

@Taurine - Why didn't you just order the replacement badges from your local Honda dealer? Normally they'll order you whatever you want thats minor, in my case, a bumper clasp, and have it too you within a week or two. Might cost you a little more, but its worth the money in the long run.

SRV2LOW4ME
@Taurine - Why didn't you just order the replacement badges from your local Honda dealer? Normally they'll order you whatever you want thats minor, in my case, a bumper clasp, and have it too you within a week or two. Might cost you a little more, but its worth the money in the long run.

Meh, I didn't really wanna go through the whole fuss when I can pick up something similar pretty easily.

As for the H badges, I'm going to either get some red H badges from a shop I know of or go nick some off some cars at a wrecker :D

Mclaren_Man
Thanks for the advice, ill get her to wear her soft track pants and wooly jumpers, that way she can pose and buff my car at the same time :lol:

How sexy is that though? Atleast they'll slip off easy. I don't even want to know what your going to use as polish though! :lol:

@Taurine - Wreckers? Why go all the way to the wreckers when theres perfectly decent ones attached to cars on the street that are in better condition. 💡 👍

If your going to use it as a track car anyway, why bother putting badges on it too begin with? :odd:

SRV2LOW4ME
If your going to use it as a track car anyway, why bother putting badges on it too begin with? :odd:

Cause everyone has to know its a Vtec even when its not moving :sly:.

@VIPERGTSR01 - Why not let them guess and then find out on the track though? I always associate cars with those stickers with non-VTEC cars. Especially when I see them on Cavaliers. Yeah, theres actually someone around here that gay. :lol:

The car looks too bland, I walk into the garage and all I see is just a big yellow blob.

The stickers give you something else to look at :sly:

Taurine
The car looks too bland, I walk into the garage and all I see is just a big yellow blob.

The stickers give you something else to look at :sly:

True enough I suppose. Since its a track car, I guess they'll eventually get rubbed/scratched off eventually anyways.

I think you should drop one of these bad boys on there next. :D
engine_april03.jpg

Whoa, turbo VTEC....that would be insane. Thats an interesting setup they got going there having each compressor on either side of the engine bay, makes sense tho.

This is the only style of turbo setup that I have seen on a honda before:

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/6339/dcp05039fy.jpg

Thats on a third gen prelude and yes that is the aussie spec B20A6 in there, instead of just converting it to a turbo H22a which isnt uncommon on third gens.

Back