Honda GTP Integra World Championship - Season II Champion: NEPALII

  • Thread starter Thread starter Müle
  • 972 comments
  • 46,418 views

Grand Finale: Nurb 24H or Spa?


  • Total voters
    20
  • Poll closed .
I can see it now Mule. Thanks. 👍 Good luck guys for the race.
 
bdubclub
Hoping to make it today, I have a lot going on so if Im able, I will start at the back.

On a sad note, MotoGP lost one of their brightest stars this morning, RIP Marco, you will be missed.

Very very sad week #77 #58
 
Definitely. It's terrible. I don't remember a darker week in motorsports. I was too young back when Imola '94. These things are bad, but when they happen so close together in time, it's even worse.

I guess we can only look forward and keep on living. That's really what they'd want us to do.
 
i feel like a douche for asking, but may i qualify before the race or grab a spot at the back? if it's ok with with the field.
 
maat i rekon its best if you just take a prov like we all did since we missed qual... but mule wardez asked for a prov spot before me so id rather you put him infront of me 👍
 
Will the room number and info be posted here? Its getting awfully close to race time :nervous:
 
Post #1
Races will be held every Sunday, at 4:00 PM EDT, 9:00 PM BST

-Open practice is allowed upon entry. The race room will be open at around 3:30 PM. Gridding starts at 3:55 PM.

...
 
Don't worry. Room will probably be open in 5 minutes' time approx, and we'll all start gathering there. Yes, the number is always posted here by Mule :D
 
Thanks GV27 for being patient with a new comer 👍
 
We all were newcomers once!! ;)

I still am, to be honest :dopey:
 
This is why it's important to read the ENTIRE OP. All the info you need is there, so it saves you from having to ask questions, and saves me from having to go back and copy/paste something from the OP.

Room is up:

1472-6399-8966-5888-7029
 
Damn it, sorry Mule, something just came up, have to run out, won't be back for an hour :/. Sorry!
 
Missing CSL and Aderrrm...
 
I had the most eventful race ever. And also the worst. Starting from 3rd I was at least hoping to stay 4th or 5th until my first stop, but on those first laps I had literally no grip and the car was all over the place. I still don't understand why, but I was slow as hell, and could not push or the car would go crazy. So as soon as I did, I crashed. I was desperate and trying to recover, pushing again, and crashed again. So by lap 5 or 6 my race was over, since I was well ahead of Kiiiarrrlo and far away from the group in front of me. Yet still I had to run the race if I wanted to get the points. After I stopped, the car felt a lot better, and I went from a best lap time during my first stint of 1:30.5 to 1:29.3. That was the pace I was to have, so I do not understand what happened with the first set of tyres.

After that, I spent my whole race going 110% trying to make something happen. Maybe someone would make a mistake, or I would just be fast enough to catch up. And when I thought I could end up fighting with Maatman and went for my last stop, the car didn't want to stop. So I had to do another lap, confused and pissed off, before I could finally stop... again. Obviously I came back far away from Maatman, so from then on I just ran the last few laps knowing this is the worst race I've had in the whole of my life.

Everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong. And now I'm scared something may be wrong with the game, or with me, or God knows what, and it may happen to me again in the future. I wasn't planning on a fantastic race anyway, but 9th is WAY below my expectations. I'll have a day of deep thinking on whether I'll do the last race or not. I came to Laguna Seca really motivated, I spent many hours here, only to have this happen, and I'm not sure I want this to happen at a track like the Ring.

/rant.
 
Well, that was an interesting race. I crashed twice on lap 1, and decided to unplug my wheel and use the controller from there. Passed a few people in the pits, and had my sights set on 2nd, but Nepalii comes in at the worst possible time to lap me, and I go from right on Pauls bumper, to a couple of seconds behind him with 2 laps left. Needed 1 more lap, and I'd have been right back on him :(

1. NEPALII
2. nastradamus87
3. Wiifreak
4. syjones1
5. bdubclub
6. paulmac2k9
7. MULE_9242
8. Maatman
9. GV27-
10. Kiiiarrrlo
11. Soishiro_37
 
My best finish for a long time but was due to some of our fastest being absent. Still I think I could of been closer to the top 3 if I hadn't crashed at the corkscrew on the first lap and then fallen foul to a pit glitch at my first stop which meant I had to pop round again turning my 3 stops into 4. Bummer.
Had a great little scrap with bdclub on the last lap where I thought I'd put him off so I let him by but I think he thought the same thing and let me back by again for 4th
The kilimanjaro guy was a bit of arse to get by considering he was lapped. All he had to do was check the race positions to see who he was racing and not racing. Anyway. Great race. Congrats to nepalli and thanks to mule for hosting.
 
Sorry guys, went for a nap and next thing I knew 4 hours were gone, I was supposed to be woken up, but apparently that didn't work.:O
 
GV, is it possible you had the wrong tires to start with? Maybe check the replay for this. I saw you hitting 28's before, so regardless of the race results you are fast! Don't give up. Not all races work out in our favour. :)

I want to watch the replay to see how Nep and I broke away so much. By lap two there was no one in my mirrors. Thanks to the draft I was able to keep up with Nep for most of the first stint. We battled it out and I lead for maybe half a lap. I couldn't stay in front of him though since he was much faster than me in the first and last sectors. It all went wrong when I went wide in the second last turn, got some dirt on my tires and had no chance of making the final hairpin! I didn't know the real grip loss setting made dirt stick to your tires!!! After that it wasn't very eventful. Wii's car didn't stop for tires when he pitted and he went flying by me when mine were being changed. I was really confused and though he somehow caught up to me. I thought I had been "WiiFreaked" lol.

My power went out on the second last lap and I had no picture on my TV for about ten seconds, so it's a good thing I wasn't in a heated battle.

I enjoyed a good battle with Maatman who was a lap down for the last few laps before the power outage, which was nice because no one else was around. :)

Mule, don't give up on the wheel. Just bite the bullet and make a full switch.

As for the last track, it remember it being decided that Spa was out a few pages back by Mule. Are we not sticking with this plan? Many of us don't get Spa until Tuesday. That doesn't seem like enough time to me, but to be honest I won't protest if you guys want to do Spa. It's your championship!
 
I gotta say i was pretty excited to be a part of the laguna seca race. Although I came second to last I still wanted to race hard. Its in my nature to go hard until its over. I was lapped about twice and on top of my car only pushing 290hp, I had no grip whatsoever at the left after the corkscrew. It really hurt my times. As far as Spa goes, I wont be getting the map till thursday so i'll have even less time to practice, but i wouldn't be opposed to the idea of throwing it in there anyway. There were some really fast Integras out there. Hope everyone had fun, good race.
 
Well my race went much better than expected, I had fourth wrapped up but put it in the sand on lap 43 of 44. I started out somewhere mid pack, was around 5th after the first lap, just behind Paul but a bit back from GV. Paul and I were lapping pretty quick, not getting in each others way, and closing in on GV pretty quick. Then disaster struck, GV spun on the hill leading up to the corkscrew, as Paul and myself were coming through, Paul made it, but then GV decided to reverse right into my line:( Not that its a big deal, but please look before you back right out into the middle of the track. Other than that, I ran a two stop strategy, worked great until a mistake on the second to last lap but still managed a top 5. I felt I could have battled for a podium spot, oh well, there is always next week.
 
I had the same feeling, Nastra. I could have been using the wrong tyres, and the first thing I did when I left the room was check this out. But apparently I was on racing hards. Perhaps I was just so nervous and was so slow. To be honest, Laguna Seca was, from the whole championship, the track where I struggled the most to be consistent. But I just found myself unable to go any faster than 30s, the car was sliding in places where it didn't use to do so, and then I went so slow. I think I'm still a bit inconsistent. It may be because of my lack of experience, indeed, so I can sometimes hit a decent hotlap, but I struggle with tyre management and race pace (not everywhere, but at some places). Still, I was majorly disappointed today. I also have decided to be on the last race, since I want to aim for the best possible result in the standings, so...

You two guys broke away because I was 3rd and was going quite slow, so as long as others didn't overtake me, this helped you guys leave. I think you were still faster, but it helped.


By the way it's really bad about the power!! Still good you were able to finish without further problems...


bdubclub, I am tremendously sorry about that. When I spun, I snapped, and my first instinct was to reverse back into the track, but then stopped since I was afraid I'd get on someone's way... and it happened. I was shouting "I screwed up my race... and someone else's, on top of that!!". That really made me feel bad, so I'm glad you could at least recover to get a decent result!! I really am sorry and don't know how to say sorry for it, since the last thing I want to do is to screw other people's races. Please just understand that today I did everything wrong, both when affecting me and others people's races.
 
Yeah... my race was kind of weird :p I started second last and was starting to climb up through the field before I got punted off at the corkscrew on the first lap. After that I picked everyone off one by one fairly easily. The only person I had trouble getting by was syjones. The reduced draft in Spec 2.0 makes passing much more difficult so it took me a few laps before I managed to out break him in the first corner.

Once I was in third my race was boring from then on. I was 20 seconds back from Nepali and Nastra so my chances of catching up were slim. Then when I made my second pit stop the game decided to give me a drive through instead :yuck: Luckily the gap back to fourth was very big so I stopped again on the next lap and was still far ahead. I had to put the car on cruise with a few laps ago to quickly do something, which I lost about 8 seconds for, but it didn't make a difference to the final outcome.

I'm not entirely sure if I'll be at next weeks finale. Anyways good race 👍
 
I was finally able to grab a victory in a Mule's championship race. 👍 Had a great race with Nastra, was able to hold him quite well throughout the race. I believe I tapped Nastra a bit after the corkscrew but nothing big. Great racing from all. It is pretty tough here, I even had trouble overtaking some of the guys I was lapping. Lost time passing some drivers. Looking forward for the finale. 👍
 
No worries GV, I don't get too upset about race incidents, I know it wasn't on purpose.
 
I was finally able to grab a victory in a Mule's championship race. 👍 Had a great race with Nastra, was able to hold him quite well throughout the race. I believe I tapped Nastra a bit after the corkscrew but nothing big. Great racing from all. It is pretty tough here, I even had trouble overtaking some of the guys I was lapping. Lost time passing some drivers. Looking forward for the finale. 👍

Honestly, that probably happend because I was going waaaay to slow lol. Nothing big came of it, as you said, so no worries in any case. I had a lot of fun trying to keep up with you and felt like I wore down a bit of the rust covering my skills. If we do the Nurb next week I think it will be a blast for me.
 
WiiFreak
After that I picked everyone off one by one fairly easily. The only person I had trouble getting by was syjones. 👍

Skill! ;)
Usually I would of just let you go wii as your so freaking fast but ya know, I was having a good race for once. Was fun!
 
👍 Thanks bdubclub!
 
Now that we all have the DLC, I again pose the question: Do we want to race on Spa this weekend?
 
Back