Hondas Only!

• Thread starter F20
  • 148 comments
The other day I took my civic to laguna seca.
It had been a while since I last drove a civic there so when reaching the corkscrew the lightweight factor caught me by surprise and I almost flew directly to the wall.
Before going to honda I stoped at east city´s hospital, just to see if everything was ok, as I was still a bit stunned. At honda they said the repair would be more expensive than the car itself so I gave up on it.

In another ocasion I raced my mustang in the FR event. Late braking, some understeer and the car hit the wall. The worst part is that I lost a bit control and the guy behind me rammed me.
The engine was badly damaged and the guys at south city also told me the car was done for.

The impact was more or less the same so I kinda tend to leave them on equal grounds

...and one more thing

it´s a game

Originally posted by LoudMusic
I like Hondas too. Yay. See I even have an S2000 avatar. I'm cool.

But I don't have GT2.

s2000 is a sweet car but i wont drive 1 becuz i c 2 many girls diving them and to lil guys. I love the 04 s2000 u just have 2 touch the steering wheel and u can feel the power. i hope urs is at least a 6 speed manual transmition.

Originally posted by hondaaccord15
s2000 is a sweet car but i wont drive 1 becuz i c 2 many girls diving them and to lil guys. I love the 04 s2000 u just have 2 touch the steering wheel and u can feel the power. i hope urs is at least a 6 speed manual transmition.

The 2004 Honda S2000 is indeed a great car. However I don't own one, yet. I'm planning on getting one in April.

Also, there is only one configuration for the S2000 and it is in fact a six-speed manual. I've driven a 2000 model and a 2003 model. The 2004, sat in one, is really nice, not much different from the previous years, but has a few nice touch ups to make it worth waiting for.

Originally posted by LoudMusic
The 2004 Honda S2000 is indeed a great car. However I don't own one, yet. I'm planning on getting one in April.

Also, there is only one configuration for the S2000 and it is in fact a six-speed manual. I've driven a 2000 model and a 2003 model. The 2004, sat in one, is really nice, not much different from the previous years, but has a few nice touch ups to make it worth waiting for.

2 fast 2 furious really messed up the s2000 for me. thats about when all the girls started driving them, hence, turned it into a girl car. now i have seen guys desperatly trying to turn it back into a guys car. and they have done a good job. im just not goin to spend all my money on that. ill stick with my accord

Hey man, Chill out. This is the internet, you don't have to prove to them anything. If you have one, you have one. Don't go crazy like someone would on the Gamefaqs forums. Just chill man.

Originally posted by Corpulentrix
I'm sorry, but I just had to put in my word here. Honda sucks. It always has, and it always will. What I can't stand about Honda is that their cars are trashy and rust out within ten years. What's worse is gimps who can't afford real cars rice these things out and pretend they're fast.

Any given Honda car may be quick on its wheels due to the fact that it's made of recycled beer cans. If it crashes into anything but another Honda at a speed of more than 10mph, it's probably going to be totalled.

My car irl is not a sports car, and I don't intend to do any ricing or make any modifications to it. It's an Oldsmobile Eighty eight with 200 horsepower and a 3.8 liter V6. It does 0-60 in 9.5 seconds. Why is it not a 9 second car? No, it's not inferior to your Civic. My car is made from solid Detroit steel. If anyone were to crash into it, their car would take a lot more damage unless they were say... My friend's 1976 Chrysler New Yorker. My car is also extremely dependable and will not rust out from me using it unless I somehow damage it.

And now, why ricing is pointless. First of all, people put spoilers on their Civics. Why? I have absolutely no clue. They do NOT make your car faster, they DEFINATELY do not look cool, and they do not help with lift. First of all, cars that come with spoilers usually have a use for them. For example, say, the Plymouth superbird. One might notice that the car has a rather large spoiler stock. This is because the car is rear wheel drive, and with the speed that it's hemi engine gives it, it can spin out of control. The spoiler is to weigh down the back end to prevent this from happening. With a civic, the car is front wheel drive. Putting weight on the rear will not help anything at all. It would just be more weight for the car to handle, and might, with the 4 banger engine in those things, slow it down. Another thing... People put those loud annoying mufflers on their riced out cars. "Coffee Can" mufflers as they're called. Those, I assure you, do nothing. At the most, if you put a good muffler on your car, like a glass pack or a flowmaster, you may recieve a 4 to 7 horsepower gain. If your car had TRUE dual exhaust, it might be more, but I assure you, your car does not have true dual if it's a civic or anything new for that matter. With a car like that though, the muffler isn't going to help much because the engine is already doing what probably is the most it can handle.

Now, I respect the fact that someone may own, or even like their Honda car. I respect the fact that they've the freedom to do as they wish for it, and am glad they do, cus freedom is what life is all about. But, I also have the freedom to point out why I believe they suck. Any true sports car needs little modding to be done for it to be quick. So, have fun with your Civics, for you've the right to. But if i were you, I'd save my money for a corvette or a `60s charger or something. =)

First of all, no one cares what you think about your "detroit muscle" and whatnot. You're just trying to say that your underpowered and overweight oldsmobile is as quick as a semi-truck. Well I have news for you buddy, my Honda Civic hatchback 1985 Si will absolutely ANNIHILATE your Oldsmobile on a track. Yes, a track, not a straight line that is 1/4 mile long, but a real race track...you know with turns and all.... It's still stock and all. Oh, and your rants about reliability and rust issues? My dad's 86 Accord dx has had absolutely no problems. It has ALWAYS started up, ALWAYS, although I admit that there is a flaw in the paint on the passenger door from the sun hitting it, but besides that its trivial. Bottom line: I'll take a quick and agile car to dodge your clunky Detroit car so that when you do go sliding, there wont be anything there except that guard rail. That's my 2 cents

som1 help me out in another forum. all of them hate hondas and dont beleive i have a 200+ hp honda

Actually, I quite like Hondas, and I know many people with the current generation Civic Type-R and outgoing Integra Type-R (both knocking on the door of 200hp land), one man who owns an S2000 (well over) and am saving up myself for a Honda NSX.

But when people say things like this:
"ive got a stage 2 turbo, an cold air intake, mand stainless steel headers."

"if u even tried to race me in an american car u would lose and i wouldnt even bother takin ur car do to the fact that theres no point in taking a car slower than me except to sell it for extra mods. ive whooped 2 mustang gts, a ford probe, a miata(who cant) Ive also done some weight lightining."

"the mustang would most likely not beat me in a line do to the fact its rear wheel drive. They spin 4 2 long. I get from 0-60 in 4.5 secs."

"front wheel drive, almost instant traction. I can hit 50 mph in second gear." (in response to "No you can't", from the previous post)

All in relation to a 1990 Honda Accord you claim to have a 1993 Honda Accord engine put into, people will just point and laugh at you. I mean the 4.5s thing alone is pure fantasy.

You are the person that gives all normal Japanese car owners a bad name (and I drive an FF Japanese V6 car - but not a Honda, so I won't load the Hondas Only thread with it). The people in this thread, after having seen this, would most likely join in the pointing and laughing, and should most certainly not "help" you fight a lost, fabricated cause.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/t-37535.html

I apologise for taking up space in this thread for genuine Honda fans.

This time I´m gonna keep it simple:

gt2 is a game, therefore this thread = some other place other than A gt2 dedicated forum

...however, two things:

that 200 hp accord thread was funny so this thread was actually useful in some way.

and this...

I'll take a quick and agile car to dodge your clunky Detroit car so that when you do go sliding, there wont be anything there except that guard rail.

well, this - regardless of any deader-than-a-two-weaks-roadkill argument - was a good taunt. Gotta remember that in two player races. :)

heres my car. im not even goin 2 bother with them any more.

Attachments

• honda accord.jpg
    honda accord.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 85
heres my car. im not even goin 2 bother with them any more.

Wow, that's blingin`. Got the canned spray paint, plastic wheels, goofy friends, and everything.

What is it you're not going to bother with any more?

som1 help me out in another forum. all of them hate hondas and dont beleive i have a 200+ hp honda
I don't hate Hondas. I drove one for the better part of 300,000 miles. Yup. Three Hundred Thousand.

I just hate ignorant, lying, know-nothing people who are an insult to the real car enthusiast's intelligence.

Like Darin said, you don't have to prove anything. Just don't expect anyone to take you seriously when you've made it so clear that you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not even asking you to back up the rest of your idiotic claims on performance and horsepower. I'd be satisfied with the picture.

So, if you want people to lay off of you, post the picture I asked for as proof. Otherwise, go away.

Originally posted by neon_duke
I don't hate Hondas. I drove one for the better part of 300,000 miles. Yup. Three Hundred Thousand.

I just hate ignorant, lying, know-nothing people who are an insult to the real car enthusiast's intelligence.

Like Darin said, you don't have to prove anything. Just don't expect anyone to take you seriously when you've made it so clear that you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not even asking you to back up the rest of your idiotic claims on performance and horsepower. I'd be satisfied with the picture.

So, if you want people to lay off of you, post the picture I asked for as proof. Otherwise, go away.

Attachments

• h22.jpg
    h22.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 61
Come to think of it I think the only honda in my garage might be the Mugen Civic, well I have two million dollars to spend any suggestions?

Back