Hong Kong Circuit (GT4)

• Thread starter ThaSyn
  • 35 comments
Nathan Road (straight with the billboards after a right 90 degree corner) was recently installed with dividers with vegetation. This goes as well the exit gate from the Avenue of the Stars section. PD can remove dividers in virtual recreations of city courses, but plants aren't going to be pulled out in most cases. I would love to see it updated.

Hong Kong has changed a lot since it's GT4 appearance for the better, and the track would be 10x better with time and weather conditions. Maybe it can also serve as a photo location.

As a Hong Konger i would love to see again the Hong Kong track. But the Avenue of the Stars (0:41 in the video) is now pedestrian only and filled with lots of tourist stuff. Many others building have some exterior change but that can be updated.

IMG0862.JPG

I don't know. I find this track cool, but i hated it so much because it was terrible to drive on this track on GTWC. I'll give it a try

I hope PD remodel this track with change time/weather, It'll be a great challenge. I remember racing on this track with Le mans prototypes in GT4, what a championship!

Never understood why people hated this course. It's a nice, technical street circuit with just about any kind of corner you can expect to be in such a course; 90 degree corners, hairpins, and that "bridge" was a nice challenge as well.
I agree. Madrid and stuff, those aren't real world street circuits. Typical street circuits, the signature are those 90 degree corners. In the street racks we have right now the only typical street circuit turns are the hairpin at Rome and a turn 1 at Tokyo. I mean I don't care if people get bored of 90 degree turns, you cant pass cleanly only PD's street circuits because there are no good passing zones.

With Midfield out of the way, this is the track I want back most. All those billboards combined with the nighttime sky made this by far the most beautiful track to date. The 90 degree corners and hairpins made it one of the most challenging circuits in GT4. I wish the PD team could make this come back in a GT6 DLC or GT7.

The scenery has changed quite a lot in 10 years, in GT4 Prologue the IFC skyscraper (the one Lara Croft and Batman jumped off) was still under construction and you could see the cranes at the top of it in the game. For GT4 they crudely edited the photo to make it look finished but not in it's final design. Also there have been loads of other changes both on the Hong Kong and Kowloon side which would look amazing in current / next gen.

However it's unfortunate that many of those historic large neon billboards have been removed after the companies they are for have shut or they have become too old and are dangerous to leave hanging. They have been replaced often with smaller LED or screen based ones which don't have the same effect.

I always wanted a larger track which would have you drive into the Cross Harbour Tunnel, drive along the Hong Kong waterfront, go into the Western Harbour Crossing Tunnel and come out at the ICC skyscraper then head back to Nathan Road. Hong Kong island would be just as spectacular to drive along the harbour front through Central.

As for Macau the Guia Circuit absolutely needs to be in Gran Turismo, it was in PGR and looked amazing.

This Ferrari advert gives a hint at what New York and Hong Kong could look like next gen :crazy:

The scenery has changed quite a lot in 10 years, in GT4 Prologue the IFC skyscraper (the one Lara Croft and Batman jumped off) was still under construction and you could see the cranes at the top of it in the game. For GT4 they crudely edited the photo to make it look finished but not in it's final design. Also there have been loads of other changes both on the Hong Kong and Kowloon side which would look amazing in current / next gen.

However it's unfortunate that many of those historic large neon billboards have been removed after the companies they are for have shut or they have become too old and are dangerous to leave hanging. They have been replaced often with smaller LED or screen based ones which don't have the same effect.

I always wanted a larger track which would have you drive into the Cross Harbour Tunnel, drive along the Hong Kong waterfront, go into the Western Harbour Crossing Tunnel and come out at the ICC skyscraper then head back to Nathan Road. Hong Kong island would be just as spectacular to drive along the harbour front through Central.

As for Macau the Guia Circuit absolutely needs to be in Gran Turismo, it was in PGR and looked amazing.

This Ferrari advert gives a hint at what New York and Hong Kong could look like next gen :crazy:

LEDs and screens would also look good under the sunset. Too bad the lower section has changed quite a bit, I bet they can reconfigure the track like they did with Rome.

I think that Hong Kong Circuit GT4 must be remodelled from the stratch like the Mid-Field and Apricot Hill. I'm taking the pictures on Google Maps to show you how the Hong Kong Circuit should be for GT7.

I finally designed the Hong Kong 2015 Track map. I tried to keep the closest to GT4 layout, but unfortunately, the layout of Hong Kong has changed.

The map:
HKT.jpg

Leg 1:
leg 4-1.JPG
leg 4-2.JPG
leg 4-3.JPG
leg 4-4.JPG
leg 4-5.JPG

Leg 2:
leg 5-1.JPG
leg 5-2.JPG
leg 5-3.JPG
leg 5-4.JPG
leg 5-5.JPG
leg 5-6.JPG
leg 5-7.JPG
leg 5-8.JPG
leg 5-9.JPG

Leg 3:
leg 6-1.JPG
leg 6-2.JPG
leg 6-3.JPG
leg 6-4.JPG
leg 6-5.JPG
leg 6-6.JPG
leg 6-7.JPG

Leg 4:
leg 7-1.JPG
leg 7-2.JPG
leg 7-3.JPG
leg 7-4.JPG
leg 7-5.JPG

Leg 5:
leg 8-1.JPG
leg 8-2.JPG
leg 8-3.JPG
leg 8-4.JPG

leg 8-5.JPG
leg 8-6.JPG
leg 8-7.JPG

Leg 6:
leg 9.1-1.JPG
leg 9.1-2.JPG
leg 9.1-3.JPG
leg 9.1-4.JPG
leg 9.1-5.JPG
leg 9.1-6.JPG
leg 9.1-7.JPG
leg 9.1-8.JPG
leg 9.1-9.JPG
leg 9.1-10.JPG
leg 9.1-11.JPG
leg 9.1-12.JPG
leg 9.1-13.JPG
leg 9.1-14.JPG

Leg 7:
leg 10-1.JPG
leg 10-2.JPG

Leg 8:
leg 11.JPG
leg 11-1.JPG
leg 11-2.JPG
leg 11-3.JPG
leg 11-4.JPG
leg 11-5.JPG
leg 11-6.JPG
leg 11-7.JPG

Just a point here, the Avenue of Stars was always pedestrianized since being built in 1982, in GT4 they just used it as a roadway. There is no reason it couldn't be used again in pretty much the same layout (just remove the real life barriers to get in). That waterfront section of the course needs to be included because it is one of the biggest points of the track (seeing the HK island skyline).

upload_2015-3-4_15-2-41.png

ENTER HERE

upload_2015-3-4_15-15-57.png

EXIT HERE

upload_2015-3-4_15-13-16.png

Last edited:
I literally loved every gt4 track but this is in my top5, If the had to do it in one time of day please let it be the same as it was in GT4

Latest Posts

Back