Horizon 3 on the Xbox One X

Anyone who have the new Xbox One X notice any graphics improvement over the regular Xbox One?

Thinking of upgrading to the new Xbox One X for this game but not sure if it is worth money.

Anyone who have the new Xbox One X notice any graphics improvement over the regular Xbox One?

Thinking of upgrading to the new Xbox One X for this game but not sure if it is worth money.
There is no update for the Forza Horizon series for the Xbox One X, yet, but it's in development.

However, Forza 7 is a substantial difference, so I'm eagerly waiting on this patch.

There is no update for the Forza Horizon series yet for the Xbox One X, yet, but it's in development.

However, Forza 7 is a substantial difference, so I'm eagerly waiting on this patch.

So what you are saying is that we can install and play Horizon 3 with the new Xbox One X but there is no graphics improvement until we get an update from Microsoft?

So what you are saying is that we can install and play Horizon 3 with the new Xbox One X but there is no graphics improvement until we get an update from Microsoft?
Basically. You'll get the resolution difference with the upscaling, sharper looking image, and aliasing but until they release an official patch, the actual textures and how the game looks isn't going to have a difference, if any.

Just thought I'd add the expected release date for Horizon 3's X1X patch is January 15th, so just a little over a month to go until we see some visual upgrades.

Just thought I'd add the expected release date for Horizon 3's X1X patch is January 15th, so just a little over a month to go until we see some visual upgrades.
Thanks for that, I didn't know there was a date attached yet 👍

I'm really hoping they add a performance mood, like Rise of the Tomb Raider and Witcher 3. Would love to play FH3 at 60fps

I'm really hoping they add a performance mood, like Rise of the Tomb Raider and Witcher 3. Would love to play FH3 at 60fps
I agree... graphically FH3 looks fine as-is but the framerate is what bugs me on the console (including the X at this point in time), which is why I would much rather play FH3 on my PC. It sure would be nice if we had the choice of graphical or performance (60 FPS) enhancements with this soon to be release patch for the X.

FH3 is supposed to be getting enhanced today but I just checked and there is no patch just yet. Perhaps it will be out in ~4 hours (6PM GMT) like most Forza updates.

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh3_x1x_announce

acebca8e-1dc5-4456-a5ed-353c95f61372.jpg

Available today as a free download for all Forza Horizon 3 players with an Xbox One X, the enhancements let players experience the best-selling Xbox One exclusive in native 4K resolution as well as a host of additional visual updates, including improved car reflections and shadow resolutions, as well as improved texture detail for road and terrain surfaces, and more.

The download size is small yes but the game and menus look significantly sharper now on my 65" 4K HDR TV (powered by the X1X). Much better reflections on the cars as well now when you use chase cam. I also have the impression there is now more foliage than before, especially small vegetation on some dunes. Anyone else noticed that?

It looks stunning on my 65 inch 4K HDR TV. Only problem is that I cannot use my wheel and pedal set if I play it on the TV. Rather, I am stuck with the controller. Hmm...

Have any painters noticed better resolution/sharpness on their liveries? The ones I've downloaded seemed to be blurry and not sharp at all. (could be the ones I've downloaded)

It looks stunning on my 65 inch 4K HDR TV. Only problem is that I cannot use my wheel and pedal set if I play it on the TV. Rather, I am stuck with the controller. Hmm...
I don't necessarily see this being a problem. For me Horizon has always been the perfect game to kick back with a controller. I've got a 4K monitor on my rig but it's not OLED or HDR like my 4K tv so I'm happy to play with the controller and get the benefits of the 4K TV over the 4K Monitor.

Only problem is that I cannot use my wheel and pedal set if I play it on the TV. Rather, I am stuck with the controller. Hmm...

Thats horrible oversight. Hopefully they can fix that in the next patch. We don't buy wheels to use controllers.

Btw game looks sweet in 4k, any cockpit view pics

Yet my Forza 7 on PC still doesn't work...

Edit: Nor does my Horizon 3... What has happened
My PC games both stopped working. I took a night off and uninstalled/reinstalled FH3 and it works fine. Luckily I have fast uncapped broadband but not everyone is so lucky.

Back