PS4 Horizon Zero Dawn

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Peasantslayer, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Peasantslayer

Peasantslayer

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    breyzipp and sebmugi like this.
  2. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

I really like the machines and the way this world is made but I can't get to grips with the "tribe" feeling. The outfits, the camps, the characters (so far seen) are all very mediocore or worse. Photomode is a huge + but it needs to come done in price a lot before I'll even consider a purchase.

sebmugi and Brend like this.
  3. Brend

Brend Premium

Similar to @doblocruiser, I'm not a fan of the aesthetic design and story around it.

It looks like good fun though so it will probably be a pick-up used in a few months.

sebmugi and doblocruiser like this.
  4. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

It surely does look impressive :tup:

sebmugi and Peasantslayer like this.
  5. Peasantslayer

Peasantslayer

0:34 was pretty cool, apparently there's 26 different robot creatures and going off what has been shown their abilities and fighting styles seem quite distinct.

sebmugi and doblocruiser like this.
  6. MeanElf

MeanElf

As explained elsewhere, I don't really feel the whole dinosaur thing about the game (probably just me) but don't deny that the game does look very stunning and that they have done a lot of work on it. I wouldn't want to pay less than the full price though, if I did get it at some point, precisely because of the amount of work it must have taken.

EDIT: It'll be strange to not hear Tiny Tina's voice when Aloy speaks though :lol:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    sebmugi and Brend like this.
  7. Peasantslayer

Peasantslayer

Yeah hopefully there's a good explanation for the robot dinosaurs and the way everything is.

sebmugi and MeanElf like this.
  8. Techy

Techy

Reviews are out. Generally positive thus far.

Peasantslayer likes this.
  9. Brend

Brend Premium

Reviews are looking very nice indeed, well done to the dev team. :tup:

doblocruiser likes this.
  10. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

11. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

Very positive impressions so far :tup: Photomode btw can be launched at any moment and capture seems to include those battles.

Damn....Have I been to harsh in my first reply....:irked::lol:

Peasantslayer, Chikane and Brend like this.
  12. andrea

andrea

Wow, great review scores.

13. Chikane

Chikane

Just 5 more days till this game is in my hands :D By the way it'll be my first physical game i buy in over 2 years

doblocruiser likes this.
  14. Peasantslayer

Peasantslayer

I never thought I'd pre-order again but after seeing the 88 on metacritic, the 9.5 from Jim Sterling and 5/5 from GiantBomb I had to. I have a feeling it will get absolutely destroyed on the user reviews though, I've seen some pretty toxic stuff surrounding the main character and diversity in the game on various forums.

If people have any questions I'll be happy to answer if I can stay out of photomode for long enough. :)

doblocruiser, MeanElf and Chikane like this.
  15. MeanElf

MeanElf

Those are just the white genocide nutcases feeling all safe now that they have a supreme-idiot-in-chief to back them up (applies to both US and UK.)

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Chikane and Peasantslayer like this.
  16. Joey D

Joey D Premium

The game looks interesting enough, but I'm still not complete sold on the main character. I've never really been able to get into games where a female is the main character, developers either make them super women with zero flaws so they don't get flak or they make them a stereotypical sex object with armor that barely covers them (or sometime they just do both). I rarely, if ever, see a balance unless it's a game where you choose the sex of your character and nothing is really altered expect maybe a potential love interest or something.

I think my biggest concern about the game though is that it will get super repetitive, everything I've read suggests it's about hunting robot dinosaurs, which seems cool but I don't know if I want to do that for 40 hours of gameplay. Also the screens look fantastic and it looks like the world they developed is awesome, but I'm guessing if I try to go explore, robot dinosaurs will attack me. That could get annoying.

I'll watch some YouTube vids on it though and go from there since I really would like to use my PS4 for something other than a yearly release of a baseball game.

17. Based on the information I've gathered these past year and a half, I'm not expecting it to be lame and unrelatable. Well, certain people may be lost as collateral. This main character in this game looks like she will be brilliant.

MeanElf likes this.
  18. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

The photo mode is seriously good, properly next level. :drool:

doblocruiser and MeanElf like this.
  19. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

I'm moving that to the — you guessed it — photo mode thread. :D

MeanElf likes this.
  20. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

The meat is weak... enthusiastic users all over the net, staggering reviews, superbe photomode, Digital Foundry's analysis and :rolleyes: tribes ..... hell I bought it :banghead:

on a side note: my first guerilla game ever.

MeanElf and Brend like this.
  21. MeanElf

MeanElf

Glad you bought it - looking forward to your excellent pictures.

Chikane and doblocruiser like this.
  22. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

Nato_777, torque99, Chikane and 3 others like this.
  23. MeanElf

MeanElf

Unfortunately, probably not for me...though I did enter a competition for a copy plus 4K HDR TV and PS Pro - so you never know :)

torque99 and doblocruiser like this.
  24. Peasantslayer

Peasantslayer

Played it this morning and I love it. The foliage, machines and characters are stunning and the combat just clicked with me immediately.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    VBR, Nato_777, torque99 and 4 others like this.
  25. Brend

Brend Premium

It'll definitely be a purchase at some point down the line for me when the reductions kick in. :tup:

PS4 will need some love, all I play right now is Rocket League! :lol:

26. Chikane

Chikane

Nato_777, sebmugi and doblocruiser like this.
  27. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

I've been looking forward to this since it was first shown in 2015, and it's been well worth the wait so far. :D

Nato_777, sebmugi and torque99 like this.
  28. torque99

torque99

@doblocruiser I struggle with these type of Open World games If I am honest, It does look beautiful and no doubt I will give in for the photomode..I'm still stuck on Tomb Raider & Shadow of Mordor :lol: I do think I prefer racing games...:tup:

Nato_777, sebmugi and doblocruiser like this.
  29. sebmugi

sebmugi

Cosmic game

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    :bowdown:Guerilla :bowdown:

30. BrainsBush

BrainsBush

Also eagerly awaiting for this game which will be delivered by my best friend the postman tomorrow!
    Great job by Guerilla Games and that they are Dutch doesn't matter. Now we can export something else then tulips, wooden shoes and plants ;)