Horizon Zero DawnPS4 

England
England
Peasantslayer
Horizon Zero Dawn is an open-world RPG set thousands of years in the future were you play as Aloy, a young woman intent on discovering how the planet got to its current state.

32285276714_7e724c1665_o.png

Metacritic Reviews: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/horizon-zero-dawn

Last edited:
I really like the machines and the way this world is made but I can't get to grips with the "tribe" feeling. The outfits, the camps, the characters (so far seen) are all very mediocore or worse. Photomode is a huge + but it needs to come done in price a lot before I'll even consider a purchase.

As explained elsewhere, I don't really feel the whole dinosaur thing about the game (probably just me) but don't deny that the game does look very stunning and that they have done a lot of work on it. I wouldn't want to pay less than the full price though, if I did get it at some point, precisely because of the amount of work it must have taken.

EDIT: It'll be strange to not hear Tiny Tina's voice when Aloy speaks though :lol:

Last edited:
I never thought I'd pre-order again but after seeing the 88 on metacritic, the 9.5 from Jim Sterling and 5/5 from GiantBomb I had to. I have a feeling it will get absolutely destroyed on the user reviews though, I've seen some pretty toxic stuff surrounding the main character and diversity in the game on various forums.

If people have any questions I'll be happy to answer if I can stay out of photomode for long enough. :)

The game looks interesting enough, but I'm still not complete sold on the main character. I've never really been able to get into games where a female is the main character, developers either make them super women with zero flaws so they don't get flak or they make them a stereotypical sex object with armor that barely covers them (or sometime they just do both). I rarely, if ever, see a balance unless it's a game where you choose the sex of your character and nothing is really altered expect maybe a potential love interest or something.

I think my biggest concern about the game though is that it will get super repetitive, everything I've read suggests it's about hunting robot dinosaurs, which seems cool but I don't know if I want to do that for 40 hours of gameplay. Also the screens look fantastic and it looks like the world they developed is awesome, but I'm guessing if I try to go explore, robot dinosaurs will attack me. That could get annoying.

I'll watch some YouTube vids on it though and go from there since I really would like to use my PS4 for something other than a yearly release of a baseball game.

The game looks interesting enough, but I'm still not complete sold on the main character. I've never really been able to get into games where a female is the main character, developers either make them super women with zero flaws so they don't get flak or they make them a stereotypical sex object with armor that barely covers them (or sometime they just do both). I rarely, if ever, see a balance unless it's a game where you choose the sex of your character and nothing is really altered expect maybe a potential love interest or something.

I think my biggest concern about the game though is that it will get super repetitive, everything I've read suggests it's about hunting robot dinosaurs, which seems cool but I don't know if I want to do that for 40 hours of gameplay. Also the screens look fantastic and it looks like the world they developed is awesome, but I'm guessing if I try to go explore, robot dinosaurs will attack me. That could get annoying.

I'll watch some YouTube vids on it though and go from there since I really would like to use my PS4 for something other than a yearly release of a baseball game.
Based on the information I've gathered these past year and a half, I'm not expecting it to be lame and unrelatable. Well, certain people may be lost as collateral. This main character in this game looks like she will be brilliant.

I really like the machines and the way this world is made but I can't get to grips with the "tribe" feeling. The outfits, the camps, the characters (so far seen) are all very mediocore or worse. Photomode is a huge + but it needs to come done in price a lot before I'll even consider a purchase.

The meat is weak... enthusiastic users all over the net, staggering reviews, superbe photomode, Digital Foundry's analysis and :rolleyes: tribes ..... hell I bought it :banghead:

on a side note: my first guerilla game ever.

Back