hot rods, muscle cars, customs...

• Thread starter Cano
  • 6,007 comments
"Let's take a Mustang (some real outside-the-box thinking right there) and apply a livery used almost exclusively on racing Porsches." The Indy V8 doesn't even make up for that idiocy. I dare say the Gulf scheme, as obscenely overused as it is, would have been a better bet. Frankly, it boils down to an overpriced ricer, because it was done up to look like a race car and will never again be driven more than onto and off of a trailer, let alone on a race track.

1970-Ford-Mustang-Boss-302-01.jpg
big_thumb_4b812768372f0fa09ca7faee5d8c022b.jpg

Ever seen a single Lancia racing vehicle made between 1982 and 1992?
My apologies, I completely glossed over Lancias (though there wasn't a whole lot for me from them during that period), but that also sort of helps my point. :P

He did say "almost exclusively".
Although that's true, the rally Lancias are hardly so much less well know than the 70s Porsches that that you could use the word 'exclusive' with the Porsches when talking about what cars the Martini livery is know for.

I conceded that, in hindsight, Lancias make up a significant enough portion of those race cars flying under the Martini banner to negate exclusivity (or almost exclusivity). Still, European race cars and American trailer queens are worlds apart.

That last hotrod... I'm amazed, I really am. Not a single shred of tire rubber is visible on that car, not a single bit! Even when it's not their trend, the Japanese had an unique way of making it feel like it's theirs all along...

Back