Some studebakers
94D39EBF-A4F3-467A-A003-00C2B6832EAD.jpeg
53BD92A1-9153-40E1-A3D8-72F026733492.jpeg
5A586BF2-88B3-4D5C-A55B-61BFA8E0D07D.jpeg
3D2A54F8-4AA9-4A5F-8B41-531E7CDA46ED.jpeg
7852789E-61B1-428A-87B0-A40219CC3965.jpeg
DE545739-5BB0-466A-AA1D-E0FCA708C1ED.jpeg

Lots of Avantis between these.

Stunning pewter Gran Turismo Hawk. I'd love to see the rear garnish panel on top of that paint.

This 1964 Shelby Cobra is racing in the UK, started life as a AC Ace and shipped America. High Performance Motors Inc, it became a demo car, driven by, Peter Brock for customers, to see the power. So other American Cars that where there.
Croft Retro Classic 2019 040.JPG
Croft Retro Classic 2019 041.JPG
Croft Retro Classic 2019 064.JPG
Croft Retro Classic 2019 084.JPG
Croft Retro Classic 2019 083.JPG
Croft Retro Classic 2019 086.JPG

This 1964 Shelby Cobra is racing in the UK, started life as a AC Ace and shipped America. High Performance Motors Inc, it became a demo car, driven by, Peter Brock for customers, to see the power. So other American Cars that where there.View attachment 844851 View attachment 844852
I wasn't aware any Aces were actually converted to Cobras, rather the 2.6L Zephyr lump was exchanged in favor of the 260 V8 when the Ace model was dropped to make room for the AC Cobra.

I presume it was an earlier car that was modified in '63 or '64? I wonder what year the car actually is.

That's a sizeable blower for what I assume is a six. What is that?
I think it's a Holden EH Ute. It's one of the wildest modifications you'll ever see - an offset supercharger strapped to an inline 6 which is slanted.

@Gotbeefboy564

Because Detroit?

There are special registrations for vehicles that aren't appropriate for normal driving.

A car that's fast isn't inherently illegal, though those wrinkle wall slicks alone are likely prohibited under ordinary circumstances.

@Gotbeefboy564

Because Detroit?

There are special registrations for vehicles that aren't appropriate for normal driving.

A car that's fast isn't inherently illegal, though those wrinkle wall slicks alone are likely prohibited under ordinary circumstances.
This was a local spot not Detroit.

Gotcha. I suspect the rest is in play, or something similar. Or local law enforcement is willing to let some things slide so long as people keep themselves in check.
This was a cruise so I guess they let them drive the cars as long as they behave.

How are these legal to drive on public roads?
View attachment 848371 View attachment 848372

Plate says 7secgto.
Because Michigan has extremely lax car laws. Great to me because if someone want's to register a 1,500+ hp drag car on the street and wants to drive that thing, have at it (I don't live far from Milan so an extra plus). Ironically, the lifted truck laws are actually really stringent. At least 80-90% of the lifted trucks are illegal here even though the only ones that get ticketed are the ones that are blatantly obvious violations.

@Gotbeefboy564

Because Detroit?

There are steamrollers that are DOT compliant. Mickey Thompson still and Hoosier still sells DOT compliant slicks. Hoosier advises not using their DOT slicks on the street but people do that anyway.

There are steamrollers that are DOT compliant. Mickey Thompson still and Hoosier still sells DOT compliant slicks. Hoosier advises not using their DOT slicks on the street but people do that anyway.
TMYK

Presumably for street legal classes. I'd have imagined they run radials in those classes.

TMYK

Presumably for street legal classes. I'd have imagined they run radials in those classes.
Yeah that's pretty much why. I think the only thing that holds back the radial is a track with bad prep or no prep because those things want glue to work. But from my knowledge, the radial is the superior tire when it's allowed to be used.

I forgot to post this one, a '57 Bel Air front end with I think an Impala rear all on a Corvette C6 chassis :odd:

IMG_20190330_110118811_HDR.jpg

Back