hot rods, muscle cars, customs...

• Thread starter Cano
  • 6,007 comments
I just posted Spencer Murray's Rod & Custom Magazine 'Dream Truck' over in Car Association, and I recalled a slightly less radical composition offered up by stylist Harry Bentley Bradley (someone for whom I haven't exactly kept my appreciation secret) utilizing a Chevrolet 'Advance-Design' panel truck as a base instead of the pickup that was originally customized.

p4090174.jpg

Edit: Of course the project for which Bradley is probably best known is the Alexander Bros.' Dodge Deora, which was later scaled down by Hot Wheels.

1965_dodge_deora_concept_4.jpg

Last edited:
Tom Bailey drove this Camaro for about 800 miles in five days and then proceeded run the first five second pass in the history of Hot Rod Magazine Drag Week 2019. For those unfamiliar with Drag Week, the rules require every car in the event to be driven to 4 drag strips in 5 days (start and end at the same track) under its own power and without a support vehicle. The winner is the car with the quickest average quarter mile elapsed time over 5 days of racing This car also was overall winner). Towing the car on a trailer is an automatic DQ as is having a support vehicle, hence the trailer behind the car. From my knowledge, this is now the third street legal vehicle in the world that has run a 5 second pass. Video of the pass in Spoiler.

001-Tom-Bailey-Drag-Week.jpg

I see the Shelby windshield banner, but what is this? Looks like it's got the Neon/Caliber/PT Cruiser SRT4 engine as well. Very cool car.

The Saleen and the old Lightning... what I'd do for one of those, too.
Shelby CSX, based on the Dodge Spirit.

I'm loving the Challenger and the Toronado Trofeo. Cougar in the second shot is also doing something for me.

The California Kid

It would be nice if Kaz could add Hot Rods to GT7. I have always wanted to virtually drive the California Kid car since the first time ever i watched the movie.

robs-car-movie-review-the-california-kid-1974-0010.jpg

It's ok Kaz adding later models of the Viper, but ignoring the significance if the original 1st generation model Viper RT/10 that started it all and made the Viper successful for Dodge.

It is insanely beautiful if not the most beautiful model Viper. This is a 1993 model. They started production in 1992 and concept as early as 1989. Also the car starred in the Johnny Depp movie "The Ninth Gate"

the-first-dodge-viper-is-a-brutal-bargain-1476934603110-1000x786.jpg

Mad Max Interceptor

interceptor.jpg

Nightrider K.I.T.T

pontiac-firebird-trans-am-kitt--1982-316379.jpg

Bond DB5

Asron-Martin-DB5.jpg

Also cars from Fast & Furious since they are modded with kits and are nothing like the originals.

Last edited:
I don't know if there is a right thread for this, but I wanted to express appreciation for Syd Mead, who has just passed. My favorite (probably) illustration of his:

Syd-Mead-025-1200x800.jpg

Every single work he did was tremendous...the lived-in quality of them. You feel like you can reach out and touch them. If only there was a game with an art-style approaching this....(Cyberpunk is probably closest...but its not quite the same)

I don't know if there is a right thread for this, but I wanted to express appreciation for Syd Mead, who has just passed. My favorite (probably) illustration of his:

Syd-Mead-025-1200x800.jpg

Every single work he did was tremendous...the lived-in quality of them. You feel like you can reach out and touch them. If only there was a game with an art-style approaching this....(Cyberpunk is probably closest...but its not quite the same)
I just heard about that last night and am deeply saddened by it.

Same difference
I mean...if being bigger in every direction, including under the hood (the Road Runner was never equipped with the leaning tower of power like lesser trim Satellites and indeed the 'Cuda were), means the B-body bird is the same as the E-body fish, then sure.

But then I gather you're being sarcastic, so don't take this response seriously even though it's factually based.

A/FX altereds are fun.

fl0117-269349_1@2x.jpg
12-1510939792199@2x.jpg

Last edited:
Back