hot rods, muscle cars, customs...

• Thread starter Cano
  • 6,009 comments
Yeah, a 1994 model actually.

1994boss429hood.jpg

Loved that '94 BOSS. One of my favorites as a kid.

It had a 10L engine that made 855 horsepower, 790 lb.-ft. It ran 0-60 in 1.9 seconds, 0-100 in 5.5 seconds, 1/4 mile in 10.55 seconds @ 135.05 mph.

Loved that '94 BOSS. One of my favorites as a kid.

It had a 10L engine that made 855 horsepower, 790 lb.-ft. It ran 0-60 in 1.9 seconds, 0-100 in 5.5 seconds, 1/4 mile in 10.55 seconds @ 135.05 mph.

For the tires that are on it, I must say that's not bad but a mediocre 351W based 393 stroker is capable of the same times. I've seen in it in person.
Goh, that thing is hideous.

I don't see a whole lot wrong with it...the "Boss" livery on the side is a bit dumb but other than that I like it.

And it looks mostly stock on the exterior. Would make a good sleeper.
Agreed.

For all of your hot rodding claims, you still surprise me from time to time. Those times were on slicks.

I figured as much, but I don't think they used anything all that wide.

EDIT:

Here's one running 7's in the 1/8th which is roughly a 10 in the 1/4. I 'd be willing to bet it don't have anywhere near 800hp, turbo or not.

Here's one of the same car running mid 6's, or a 10.4.

I guess maybe it can happen if he can get it to hook up.

The point I was trying to make is, with a wider rear tire, and much less engine, you can pull the same numbers out of it.

Case in point (my own video). This car is a Pro-street, tubbed Mustang II. 351W based 393. It ran a 6.65 here, and it's best 1/4 mile run was a 10.9 @ 132, and runs on pump gas w/ an additive.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/ebay-find-1976-mustang-ii-pro-street-race-car/

Build here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151071759555

The car in the video below is the same car. I have a bunch of pictures of me next to it. I talked to the owner that day, he hadn't had the car very long and these were his first few runs.

Unless, of course, you look going for the sleeper look. All I am saying is that can be done for cheaper. But what they did is still badass nonetheless.

Back on topic, this is a good read:

http://www.gapponline.net/tag/ford-hi-risers/

Last edited:
Wide meats aren't needed for cars with up to about 1,200 hp, you only need good rubber to hook them up and of course a well-prepped track. Above that power level you do need back-to-back rubber to hook up, but we're already talking about 8/7 second cars.

Wide meats aren't needed for cars with up to about 1,200 hp, you only need good rubber to hook them up and of course a well-prepped track. Above that power level you do need back-to-back rubber to hook up, but we're already talking about 8/7 second cars.
That's true.

For instance, the "GTLS2" that Zenith posted. It's obvious that the guy wants to do some leg-stretching in the car (more info on it would be apreciated for some more context) or else he wouldn't have gone to the hassle of dropping an LS in his Mustang.

Here's some more pics. Info is pretty scarce from what I can tell. Seems like he took the LS2 and T56 from a GTO. He didn't even have to cut out the shock towers to make room in the engine bay. Turns out an LS is only .75" wider than a Windsor.

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0077-1.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

Here's some more pics. Info is pretty scarce from what I can tell. Seems like he took the LS2 and T56 from a GTO. He didn't even have to cut out the shock towers to make room in the engine bay. Turns out an LS is only .75" wider than a Windsor.
Which Windsor are we talking about? The 289/302 was the only W installed in '67 which are the exact same engine minus the crank/rods anyway...I can't imagine there being a huge issue considering the big blocks that were going in the car at the time, namely the 390/428, which is why the car got redesigned anyways.

Which Windsor are we talking about? The 289/302 was the only W installed in '67 which are the exact same engine minus the crank/rods anywhere...I can't imagine there being a huge issue considering the big blocks that were going in the car at the time, namely the 390/428, which is why the car got redesigned anyways.

The 289. If the car could house a 390 then it will have no problem with an LS. I'm interested to learn how he wired everything up though.

The 289. If the car could house a 390 then it will have no problem with an LS. I'm interested to learn how he wired everything up though.
Yeah that's what I was saying.

The only thing I can think of is either an aftermarket harness, or he went cheap and pulled a harness out of a wrecked Corvette or GTO from a junkyard somewhere, since it looked like he left it injected instead of opting for a carb like some people do on 4.6L's and LS1's when swapping engines. I wouldn't be surprised if he did just that too, since wiring harnesses are around $550 for the LS2 engine, and the fact the engine/trans was already taken from a GTO. I kind of want to know how he ran the fuel system.

Not really a hotrod, but is sure sounds like one...

Last edited:
800hp Corvette that will make you go deaf.

Warning: Turning down volume is recommended. Parental guidance is also recommended because of the large amount of rednecks.

Latest Posts

Back