1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
It was in my top 10 back in 2013, so I've been through that phase before. You'll see what I mean in 2 years. :P

Dunno if this is the right thread, decided to buy this as it's an Aston Martin ripoff.

image.jpg

It's got the wrong character's name haha. An error surely?

Edit: I bought it from a supermarket, I did not buy the one that was on gumtree.

More dirty cars from my shelf, this time we truly break the vintage car streak with this Vintage Racing Sox & Martin Duster, which wasn't as dirty because it's one of those cars that I'd occasionaly grab and clean a bit with my shirt:
16659035281_9e78aab801_b.jpg

16659035351_db462a09b3_b.jpg

And here it is all shined up, this thing is perfect, from the casting itself -the stance, the wheels, the late-70s-perfect Pro Stock scoop, and the details of the Duster in itself- to the racing livery, it's freaking awesome.
16659404562_36bf528ac8_b.jpg

16659404432_46a7a3c379_b.jpg

16634483466_dee9a264ae_b.jpg

16473016170_15c8707f6d_b.jpg

16453125107_72b771bbe1_b.jpg

I don't know about you, but when I buy cars online I like to be able to look at them thoroughly first. That's why I almost always buy off ebay, and the listing must have large enough photos that I can zoom in and see if there are any imperfections.

I took a chance with a $4 Norev. The photos were decent, but by no means high quality.

Only a select few weren't in the mintiest condition. Wait until I get to the retro rally cars. :sly:

If anybody's been interested in the TLV Hino flatbed truck, it's under $50 here(shipped). I saw Japan Booster list it for about the same price, too. I see these sudden price drop with TLVs sometimes. It's rare, but it happens. I was lukewarm on this truck, but for $45 shipped(had coupon), I jumped on it.

Edit: Maybe something @R1600Turbo would be interested in, I dunno. Not "vintage", but regular Tomica Limited. Still kinda cool.

If anybody's been interested in the TLV Hino flatbed truck, it's under $50 here(shipped). I saw Japan Booster list it for about the same price, too. I see these sudden price drop with TLVs sometimes. It's rare, but it happens. I was lukewarm on this truck, but for $45 shipped(had coupon), I jumped on it.

Edit: Maybe something @R1600Turbo would be interested in, I dunno. Not "vintage", but regular Tomica Limited. Still kinda cool.
Nah, too goofy looking.

@RCKakashi14 - photo size man!

If anybody's been interested in the TLV Hino flatbed truck, it's under $50 here(shipped). I saw Japan Booster list it for about the same price, too. I see these sudden price drop with TLVs sometimes. It's rare, but it happens.

No, I'm not interested in flatbeds, but please continue to tip us off with TLV price drops so I can set benchmark price tags in the future. Appreciate it. :)

Is the Mooneyes dodge van hard to come by? Will definitely keep an eye out for that. Also yet to see any pictures of the new Simpsons car anywhere

The van and the surfboard chevy pickup were difficult to find at my K day. I only got the van. The surfboard chevy will be in the G case too.

Antoine's sharing a video of a video DemLamleyGroupz shared. Enjoy.

Makes me think Mattel should have a small separate line to sell raw parts (unpainted bodies, loose wheels, etc.) to tailor to customizers. They could sell kits as an educational toy to teach kids to build stuff. They've already started doing this with trucks but they're not even the cool trucks, so they're goofing up on that note.

I imagine the sales in the regular basic cars would show signs of a drop, but it's not like they're profiting from all the unwanted cars that stay peg/bin fillers for life.

Are the rims orange? They look like it, which is a variation. They are supposed to be a copper color, I found some half/half cars, but none full orange.

The error is a chrome orange, and the copper it supposed to be is a very bland copper, slightly gold look. Just did a google search and a lot of the photos look orange, so I guess it depends on the lighting when the photo was taken.

You guys know this stuff doesn't fascinate me, but for what it's worth, it looks copper.
Finally got my hands on a 240Z. I know, I'm late.​
But it's never looked this good. I'll be looking at mine in a new light for sure. 👍

Back