Hot Wheels and Matchbox Customizing Thread

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 9,226 comments
2zfo7qf.jpg

2eugxsx.jpg

5meh47.jpg

2zzm1xj.jpg

vxovpz.jpg

That car originally came with real riders, I think it was used as a donor car, so yes, it's pretty much worth it to give it it's previous glory back.

Thank you I did not know that it had real riders befor it has the rivits on bottom but I guess they could have bin added latter car stood out to me but don't know much about old hot wheels cars thanks for the input

Last edited:
It may be a good idea to post it here. Seeing as how I've become dormant with my box full of cars, I should probably let this hobby go.

As such, I'm sure this would be an excellent opportunity for any active customizers to buy a bulk load of cars off me. I have cars that have no wheels, and even more that I still haven't taken apart. If anyone is interested, please PM me and we can get something arranged.

It may be a good idea to post it here. Seeing as how I've become dormant with my box full of cars, I should probably let this hobby go.

As such, I'm sure this would be an excellent opportunity for any active customizers to buy a bulk load of cars off me. I have cars that have no wheels, and even more that I still haven't taken apart. If anyone is interested, please PM me and we can get something arranged.

Is that even allowed? Letting this hobby go, that is...

You posted on the 1st page of this thread.

I, for one, would prefer it if you didn’t hang up your (latex/nitrile) gloves.

I agree it's allowed if you wish to move on, I'm just kinda impressed you're able to.
But I can't justify making any acquisitions bulk or otherwise at present. I have thousands of cars and tend to get overwhelmed with ideas every time I start sifting through them as it is. I do wish you well on whatever hobby you focus on next.
It probably sounds odd, but after reading each post in this thread and then checking for updates periodically up until finally registering myself, it feels like I'm losing a friend I've never met, a mentor of sorts. Cheesy, I know...

Out of curiosity, are you keeping your completed customs or are you severing all ties?

It's not that I'm getting custom toy cars out of my life. It's that I'm no longer passionate about this as I used to be. For years I kept stocking up on cars thinking I would eventually have time to work on it once I get out of school and begin working full-time.... welp I get home everyday from work not really caring about this any longer.

We'll see if I can at the very least cut some projects, if not all. I have a 934 in front of me that needs a wheelswap and detailing.

I know what you mean mate. I've had a break for a few months before smashing out a few jobs. I find myself with no motivation or passion anymore to customise then out of the blue a car will catch my eye, an idea will pop in my head and I've got the bug again. Also I've noticed that the more cars I have lying around, the more of a chore and pressure I put on myself as I must finish it and you start loosing enjoyment that way also. So I limit to what I have lying around as next projects or I put them out of eyesight until I am motivated enough to have another crack.

With the matchbox wheel swap, looks odd but I must say I like it.
I just found this forum. I've been customizing for about 10 years and had to take a break to move and finally found all my stuff. Unfortunately I don't have any completed pics, just what torn down on my work bench. 1st project is a redline mighty maverick getting done in spectraflame orange and getting a new set of redline shoes.
Rick

Last edited:
I just found this forum. I've been customizing for about 10 years and had to take a break to move and finally found all my stuff. Unfortunately I don't have any completed pics, just what torn down on my work bench. 1st project is a redline mighty maverick getting done in spectraflame orange and getting a new set of reline shoes.
Rick
Here are some of my started projects. I like to limit myself to 3 projects at a time
IMG_20170128_170135.jpg
from back to front
57 Thunderbird
Might Maverick
American Victory
I have several steps to getting my cars ready for paint

Rick

Back