Hot Wheels and Matchbox Customizing Thread

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 9,226 comments
Here is the first post of the coverage of our most recent custom contest, which had "Asia/Oceania" as the theme, meaning only castings that depict cars from those regions were allowed to participate. This is for the Basic class, which requires the car to keep its original paint. Lots of great jobs in this one.

http://www.customdiecastmexico.com/2017/03/4to-concurso-custom-diecast-mexico.html
IMG_3674.JPG

So here's a pretty simple custom. All I did was remove the Eliminator stripe on each side, which I carefully did with a safety pin. No scratches anywhere that I can see. This came before I discovered this thread and thus didn't know the more proper way to remove tempos. :lol:

20170508_205201.jpg

Finally got back to working on my customs again after a long time.

As I mentioned in the collectors thread, I bought another Pontiac Salsa to customize since I had a blast with my last one.
IMG_2054[1].JPG
It's going to be pretty much the same concept as my last one, except it will be red instead of blue this time. I wanted it to be gloss pink, but I didn't have the paint and couldn't find it, so I settled with red.

My last one was used to test a paint to see if I wanted to use it on my Sierra. What's ironic about this one is it is the exact same Pontiac I used last time that is unintentionally being used for the exact same purpose, to test a paint for the Sierra, yet again. :boggled:

Been a while since I have worked on my Tall Ryder again. Add some detailing to the headlights, taillights and winch. Now all I really need to do is make some decals for it and clear coat it.

IMG_2074[1].JPG

IMG_2075[1].JPG

As for my new Sierra, I am ultimately trying to replicate this one seen on the box of the Ford Dealership Playset. It's not known to be released or not, so I decided to make it since I may never find it.
Playset Sierra.jpg
I am waiting the paint to dry right now and I may clear coat it soon and let it dry over night. The base and interior are already done. Despite only having it a day, I am already almost done with it. I won't post any pictures until it's done though.

Hi again,

8183331515660295578%253Faccount_id%253D1

Starting a new project today. This will be called ''The Red Bimma''. (I wonder if you know why? :P)
It will be a street/ showcar, so it's Form over Function.... By function, I mean it doesn't roll. (Don't kill me, Cano :()

I've taken it apart, and put some 'Camber' on the wheels. As you can see, I've had to cut away a bit...
6112817982629684609%253Faccount_id%253D1

Thanks again.

You've cut away at the interior piece, with the purpose of lowering it if I am not mistaken. Are you going to bend the axles as well to get the camber?

Yup. I think in the first picture you can see the bent axle.

I'm having loads of problems with it at the moment, though.

EDIT:

Fixed the problem by cutting away ALL of the interior bit, and gluing the axle to the chassis. Wheels still roll!

Olibob

Last edited:
Started a new project today.
First, I sanded down the rusty paint. It now looks like this:
8827475127841922546%253Faccount_id%253D1

552296540698961858%253Faccount_id%253D1
5402890682816614930%253Faccount_id%253D1

As you can see, some of the body had oxidisation :(

I, at this moment, are in the midst of painting it. Guess the colour!

Olibob

Last edited:
Back