Hot Wheels Unleased (9/30/21 Release)

• Thread starter GTvsForza
  • 9 comments
Instant hype!!! As a collector of them, and a racing game fan. It looks like a real game also, and not something aimed at just kids, which i have found nearly all hot wheels games to be. There was one i remember that i really enjoyed.... had metallica song fuel as the theme song i believe. Anyway, can't wait to find out more, so far i like what i see

Last edited:
One of the first games I ever remember playing, quite possibly the first game I ever played, was Hot Wheels Stunt Track Driver (not to be confused with Stunt Track Challenge) on our old PC. In retrospect it wasn't exactly a marvel for a game released the same year as Need For Speed III, but I remember loving all the tracks built around realistic household furniture and envisioning what I could make if a mysterious benefactor dropped off a literal truckload of Hot Wheels parts at my front door like in the opening cinematic. Later on I ended up picking up Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge (not to be confused with Stunt Track Driver) for the Xbox, and while I enjoyed it I don't think it ever captured my heart the same way that other game did, and I think that's in some part the result of the game being set in some mysterious Hot Wheels universe entirely separate from our own.

Watching this trailer and seeing the cars lovingly rendered in glossy plastic and polished metal, racing around bright orange track pieces and clattering to the ground the same way you'd expect a die-cast model to act in real life... it really did bring back memories of that game I played so many years ago. Definitely going to keep an eye on this, especially the track editor - a feature that Stunt Track Driver also had, come to think of it!

Looks like there's some nods towards Micro Machines in the environmental stuff. Looks like it could be quite fun.

Back