Hot Wheels Unleashed 2: Turbocharged

• Thread starter Famine
  • 49 comments
Looking forward to Release Day. Insta-buy for me. Here's hoping any DLC plans will be carefully reevaluated, because it was hella expensive for the first game. :ouch:

I’m pretty interested in the off-road racing. I hope the physics for that are enjoyable. Gives me some minor Trackmania Valley vibes which is cool. Either way the first game was pretty good but a bit repetitive so I’m glad they expanded the surface types in this new one which will lead to better track variety.

Also interested to see how the different classes of vehicles will compare to each other. Especially the massive monster trucks and ATVs. Also wonder how the bike handling will feel as well. This reminds me a lot of the recent Mario Kart games with all the different vehicle types racing at once.

Hopefully this is a progression from the last one, I loved it at the start and then as the obstacles / track design / strict time limits increased I lost interest. There's a fine line between fun and rage quit, snagging on track obstacles and falling off track was leaning towards the latter the deeper you get into the campaign. Lots of potential for the sequel hopefully it will tide us over while waiting for a wreckfest / codies wrc / test drive sequels its been a barren racing game spell.
Agreed the game was needlessly hard at times.

Agreed the game was needlessly hard at times.
Considering its aimed at kids it was a bit brutal, reminded of games from previous generations needing a very strict level to be adhered to. I would like it to be more about finding a good line than avoiding traps and obstacles, hopefully the design and handling model is refined and its not just a cut and paste job we'll see. I expect it going to be more of the same in terms of monetizing, so will be waiting for a sale as riposte.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Hot Wheels Unleashed 2’s New Game Modes & Single-Player Campaign Revealed

With a month to go until Hot Wheels Unleashed 2: Turbocharged launches, Milestone has revealed the five new multiplayer game modes and the single-player story mode for the sequel...
Where did the article screenshots come from? They seem to be from the first Acceleracers DLC pack and I haven't been able to find the source anywhere.

Where did the article screenshots come from? They seem to be from the first Acceleracers DLC pack and I haven't been able to find the source anywhere.
Provided in a press release. I've got six:

1695217902246.png

1695217919979.png

1695217932358.png

1695217943766.png

Ah well that clears that up! Carbide, RD-09, Rollin' Thunder and SpecTyte. Bizarrely SpecTyte seems to have been modeled wrong here, with two sets of large wheels when the front ones should be smaller.
Forgot if it was already there in first Unleashed, but finally Silencerz stuff.

Forgot if it was already there in first Unleashed, but finally Silencerz stuff.
It wasn't, no, first game had Hollowback, Rivited, Bassline, Power Rage, Synkro and RD-02 after all the free and paid DLC. 5 of those seem to be in the base game of 2 now, I haven't seen Synkro though.

In general they seem to have very much listened to complains regarding the vehicle list. Character cars which absolutely infested the first game (and couldn't even be edited with the livery creator which meant you couldn't even use one of the big features on half the car roster) seem to be gone for good, there's a MUCH larger focus on their original designs, and they've used their budget only on the licenced IRL vehicle models and the non character car pop culture models which are the ones the HW fanbase actually buys and has an interest in.

My only personal critique is the current total lack of representation for the 60's-90's and a lack of early to mid 2000's models that aren't HW35 or Acceleracers, the late 2000's has a decent amount of newly added models though. Technically yes, a lot of the new additions originated from much further back, but I'm basing it on what version of each model actually gets, well, modeled. 9 times out of 10 they've been doing the very last (usable non licence related) version released before said models got retired which makes me think it's a Mattel contract thing.

The video seems to hint the gameplay may have been tweaked to make the cornering / drifting more accurate, I really hope so, as constantly smacking the vehicles around the sides of the track spoiled the first game. Its only a marginal tweak needed and the game would be so much better for it if you could finesse the cars.

Last edited:
It wasn't, no, first game had Hollowback, Rivited, Bassline, Power Rage, Synkro and RD-02 after all the free and paid DLC. 5 of those seem to be in the base game of 2 now, I haven't seen Synkro though.

In general they seem to have very much listened to complains regarding the vehicle list. Character cars which absolutely infested the first game (and couldn't even be edited with the livery creator which meant you couldn't even use one of the big features on half the car roster) seem to be gone for good, there's a MUCH larger focus on their original designs, and they've used their budget only on the licenced IRL vehicle models and the non character car pop culture models which are the ones the HW fanbase actually buys and has an interest in.

My only personal critique is the current total lack of representation for the 60's-90's and a lack of early to mid 2000's models that aren't HW35 or Acceleracers, the late 2000's has a decent amount of newly added models though. Technically yes, a lot of the new additions originated from much further back, but I'm basing it on what version of each model actually gets, well, modeled. 9 times out of 10 they've been doing the very last (usable non licence related) version released before said models got retired which makes me think it's a Mattel contract thing.
I'm not talking about Acceleracers in general, but the Silencerz part only. None of what you mentioned are Silencerz.

Character cars which absolutely infested the first game (and couldn't even be edited with the livery creator which meant you couldn't even use one of the big features on half the car roster)
I'm looking forward to the Fast and Furious collaboration, but I'm a little worried considering that HWU1 had a locked livery editor for collaboration cars based on real cars like K.I.T.T. and BTTF Delorean.

Details about the collaboration between HWU2 and Fast and Furious are not yet known, but at least it is clear that the released DLC silhouettes include many attractive models such as the FnF1 Charger and Eclipse.
But if those cars' livery editors were locked, I'd probably prefer a Rodger Dodger or Super Tsunami over those cars.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back