Hot Wheels Unleashed Available for Pre-Order, Launches September 30

Well, decided to uninstall the game. It was starting to lose its charm for me. It was a fun game, but I have enough games that need daily attention to deal with.

I'll still post updates to those who are still interested.

Well, decided to uninstall the game. It was starting to lose its charm for me. It was a fun game, but I have enough games that need daily attention to deal with.

I'll still post updates to those who are still interested.
Yeah. I'm at the point where this season pass is the last one I'll do. Shame.

Yeah, as much as I've really enjoyed this game. Feels like there's no real incentive to keep playing once I finished the City Rumble events.

Last edited:
Well, the Monster Truck expansion is finally out. Looks cool.

And more April stuff:

Cars
  • TMNT Raphael
  • AcceleRacers Hollowback
  • Street Fighter Ryu
Basement Customization
  • Haunted Customization Pack
Track Modules
  • Shark Jaws

1650742074823.png

Well, that's the first proper bug I've discovered in this game.

For me, it’s been hard to stay interested in the racing seasons because they’ve all been awarding superhero or cartoon character cars so far. If you’re not into the prizes, the racing starts to feel like work.

I see it is on sale again It is $35 for collector's edition for the PS5. My children have been bugging about this for awhile. I think I might finally take the plunge so it is worth it for this price?

kjb
I see it is on sale again It is $35 for collector's edition for the PS5. My children have been bugging about this for awhile. I think I might finally take the plunge so it is worth it for this price?
Yes, but don't buy any of the season passes. The seasonal content is horrible.

Not only is the content horrid, it's also aggressive FOMO. You miss any of the cars, you'll never recover from that. Missing Harley Quinn from the DC villains season and they've never so much as lifted a finger towards offering a challenge or alternate path to it.

Not only is the content horrid, it's also aggressive FOMO. You miss any of the cars, you'll never recover from that. Missing Harley Quinn from the DC villains season and they've never so much as lifted a finger towards offering a challenge or alternate path to it.
That’s the worst part of it. I wish they released it and you can buy them if you really want them.

Even if you were on top of it, the villains season required a pretty dedicated amount of grinding to get all the cars before the deadline passed. The improved scoring changes didn’t come around until after the season had concluded.

Even if you were on top of it, the villains season required a pretty dedicated amount of grinding to get all the cars before the deadline passed. The improved scoring changes didn’t come around until after the season had concluded.
I think if you did the dailies every day, you were still way ahead of the deadline. At least that’s what I remembered.

I think if you did the dailies every day, you were still way ahead of the deadline. At least that’s what I remembered.
Yup, that's how it is. Being religiously devoted to the game had you near the end of the season pass pretty quickly.

Yup, that's how it is. Being religiously devoted to the game had you near the end of the season pass pretty quickly.
They were pretty quick. But yeah, I tend to hate this devotion you need for games now for the FOMO elements. Heck, any time there’s a limited time to unlock things, big no-no.

I've given up on HWU entirely at this point. I've been going for longer and longer periods of time without playing it, and at this point it's best if I just uninstall the game and worry about other things. It's a shame, because it's a solid game.

Probably the most fun game that i just don't play anymore. The dlc is priced insanely. It really seems like they just want kids to beg thier parents for the stuff. 95% character cars, aimed at kids....

It really is a shame though, because the game is great fun and plays really nice. But there is little reason to play once you have "finished" it. A few online races here and there is all i do for the past 3 or 4 months.

An absolute shame imo....

Probably the most fun game that i just don't play anymore. The dlc is priced insanely. It really seems like they just want kids to beg thier parents for the stuff. 95% character cars, aimed at kids....

It really is a shame though, because the game is great fun and plays really nice. But there is little reason to play once you have "finished" it. A few online races here and there is all i do for the past 3 or 4 months.

An absolute shame imo....
I agree. I don’t think I want to spend another $30 for the DLC…. Maybe the racing pass but that’s about it.

Back