How about a new round of guess that car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter -Fred-
  • 3,730 comments
  • 126,566 views
5moulin.gif


It looks very ferrari - ish at the front end ?? Front wing and bonnet
 
I'm guessing European, probably 60's? The angular lines and wire wheels make a real strange combination.
 
Aston Martin? Did they make a coupe Lagonda?
 
Something about that car looks familiar, but I can't put my finger on it... It's like trying to remeber a dream.
 
The back reminds me a lot of both the Jensen Intercepter (really this time) and the Reliant Scimitar.
 
Its no 924... 924's look like 944's but without the nice musclar wheels wells...
 
Pantera
Fairlady Z
im bored
[*Whatever the right answer is goes here"]

^ I'm right! haha :lol:
 
Intermeccanica Indra, not sure if it's a British made car but it looks quite close.
 
Doesnt look guite the same when i look at it... the rear windo has no curve to it in the pic... but the indra does...
 
The Indra has a couple more curves to it than the car in your pic.
 
Is it a stand alone? or based on an other car?
The shape of the bonnet has that TR7/8 Wedge look. Altough the wheelbase doesn't seem to match.
 
Interesting...

I thought it was absolutely an original but when I checked it turned out to be based on a famous sports car's chassis.

Manufacturer of this car still exists though the maker of the chassis doesn't.
 
I was gonna say lister or something... or is it a more common brirtish marque like bristol or jag?
 
Weve had enough clues, anymore and he might as well tell us the car.
 
Also looks a bit like a TVR Tasmin S1, but that was made in the 80s not the 60s :D
 
is it a marcos??
nah. once again, I suck

Cano

a Reliant could be, too. something seems familiar about the car, specially the chrome stripes in the side.
 
1960s British...

this is what the 60s Reliant Scimitars looked like;
 

Attachments

  • bowman01a.jpg
    bowman01a.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 104
Hmmmmm......I reckognise it............I think I saw one at Goodwood...............not a..............Bowman is it?:confused:
 
Wild guess since i can find no pictures...

Costin Amigo... designed my marcos's cofounder frank costin... used a vauxhall engine... only like 8 or so made...

Again no pictures so... is it a heron europa coupe...
 
Scimitar GTE, made in 1969 or is it the special edition Ogle Scimitar which I can't find any useful pics of.
 
I think 911 is referring to tvr... so i am assuming that it is built off a TVR base... probably off a tasmin or vixen...

the vixen s3/s4 series profile fits best... so if its late 60's it might work as a platform for this car...
 
Actually, the back looks VERY like the TVR Taimar... But that was built in 1972 and the front wing is different...
 
Back