How active is Assetto Corsa on the PC?

Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
USMCinfinity
It's going for very cheap on steam and I wonder if I should get it, I have it on PS4 but that was a massive failure, do they have plans to make a 2nd one or keep supporting this one? How good are the mods?

It should be supported for a while longer I imagine. If you like the core part of the game (physics) enough, I'd recommend selling your PS4 version and getting the PC one while it's cheap for a very cheap upgrade.

The mod scene is still active 3-4 years on with many, many high quality tracks and cars that the consoles will unfortunately never get to see. The same applies for extremely useful apps for the game. There are also a huge amount of poor quality mods too, but you'd have to venture away from the top recommended mod sites to find them. My AC garage looks like it came from Gran Turismo with the amount and variety of cars it has in it.

The PC version has an uncountable number of benefits over the skinny console releases, but it will only be worth it to you if you love the physics and can accept that there are still several missing features in comparison to other games. If racing AI is your main thing then I'd say don't bother, but if you're into track days, hotlapping and some online, you're good to go.

Another factor to consider is what components are in your PC? What's your CPU and GPU? With this info we can gauge whether you would have better or poorer performance than your PS4.

It should be supported for a while longer I imagine. If you like the core part of the game (physics) enough, I'd recommend selling your PS4 version and getting the PC one while it's cheap for a very cheap upgrade.

The mod scene is still active 3-4 years on with many, many high quality tracks and cars that the consoles will unfortunately never get to see. The same applies for extremely useful apps for the game. There are also a huge amount of poor quality mods too, but you'd have to venture away from the top recommended mod sites to find them. My AC garage looks like it came from Gran Turismo with the amount and variety of cars it has in it.

The PC version has an uncountable number of benefits over the skinny console releases, but it will only be worth it to you if you love the physics and can accept that there are still several missing features in comparison to other games. If racing AI is your main thing then I'd say don't bother, but if you're into track days, hotlapping and some online, you're good to go.

Another factor to consider is what components are in your PC? What's your CPU and GPU? With this info we can gauge whether you would have better or poorer performance than your PS4.

I have https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MD2BK0Z/?tag=gtplanet-20

Also even though I will be getting the new GT wheel whenever it comes out, I currently have a T80, which from what I can see doesn't work on Project Cars for PC, does it work for Assetto Corsa?

I have https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MD2BK0Z/?tag=gtplanet-20

Also even though I will be getting the new GT wheel whenever it comes out, I currently have a T80, which from what I can see doesn't work on Project Cars for PC, does it work for Assetto Corsa?
That laptop has more than enough horsepower for AC...I wouldn't be surprised if you can run every setting maxed out. I don't know if the T80 works with Assetto Corsa or not. I assume it would work. The Logitech DFGT isn't technically supported. There isn't a steering wheel profile to select in the AC Setup, but my DFGT still works just fine with the game.

I don't know if that killer sale is still going on, but I left GT6 for AC 1 1/2 years ago and I couldn't be happier. I have no intention of going back to GTSport as I don't have a PS4. So, I'll be sticking with the PC racing sims from now on. Good luck!

I agree almost totally with @Lewis_Hamilton_ post except for the AI, once you use the content manager to set the AI in a range of strengh, for example in my case 95 to 100% and stick to organize races with cars with similar performance range, the AI in AC is very good and brings me hours of racing offline pleasure.

Simply put...it is the second most played sim.racing game after iRacing on PC. On RaceDepartment there were over 5000 mods last time i checked. There are loads of other sources offering mods so there are plenty to keep one busy for the next decade or two...

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back