How bad is this game for rammers?

• Thread starter Loaf112
  • 117 comments
Makes sense to me. I'm sorry you dont agree with my logic.

My original post also said that there will always be rammer but after time the majority would leave, at no point have I said they will be completely eradicated. Thats never going to happen. And in my experience, the racing has got better recently. Maybe it's because my DR went up, or maybe I've just been lucky with who i'm matched with. But unfortunately your online experience of the game will be different to others, that includes me.

Give me one legit reason why "dirty" drivers or potentially "griefers" will move on and stop using GTS.Only one.
My experience was always with SR S rating (since you want to share that) and there are dirty drivers in that pool/class.I cannot speak about SR A or lower (took a few hours when I got the game to get up into SR S and did not go back to A ever since).With that said imo one's man experience cannot be generalized in a simplistic manner to make valid points about the general state of the game -in terms of clean racing-.
My point is valid:months ago other fellow members in this forum said that "dirty drivers will stop playing GTS after a while".Yet this did not happen.
Dirty drivers are still here -even in SR S rating- and the system rating did not "sort itself out".So I'll have to ask you again:is there any valid point to that or just wishfull thinking?

To also give an answer to the orginal post,

I've had moments where I allmost shunted the game out of our house due to the rage inflamed by dishonest behaviour (aka rammers etc)
Took a little breath, and went back in. Found a race combo witch suited me quite fine, and did about 2,5 hours of 10 lap races. Started out as a c/c driver, ended up as a b/s driver.

Indeed, what Robben also says, I now didnt receive a single hit (on purpose). Hang in there bud, you will also make it! And I just got to keep it this way.

They should make everyone who bumps 'Force' watch the sportsmanship video over and over again until its in there skull!

or put them in a bumper cars room together where you get points for hitting and loose points for every clean sector.

@JulesDennis No problem, one legit reason; when a new game is released that interests them more than GT Sport does they will leave. Not all of them, and not all at the same time.

I havnt dropped from Sr S either, check the link in my signature.

Its my opinion, if you dont like it thats fine. I couldnt really care. But you mention that my opinion is echoed in various threads over the last few months, yet I am the only one you have taken an issue with.

@JulesDennis No problem, one legit reason; when a new game is released that interests them more than GT Sport does they will leave. Not all of them, and not all at the same time.

I havnt dropped from Sr S either, check the link in my signature.

Its my opinion, if you dont like it thats fine. I couldnt really care. But you mention that my opinion is echoed in various threads over the last few months, yet I am the only one you have taken an issue with.

I dont have any issue with you mate.
All I am saying is that point is not valid.I am sorry if you think that I have a problem with you.Every time I've read the same point,I made the same question btw.

I dont have any issue with you mate.
All I am saying is that point is not valid.I am sorry if you think that I have a problem with you.Every time I've read the same point,I made the same question btw.

Ok. Fair enough. I'll agree to disagree.

Last edited:
My bigger issue with the game at present is the penalties that are dished out as a result of other drivers actions. For example on the Blue Moon daily yesterday, on several occasions, I got shunted at the 1st corner which in turn made me hit the car in front. The 1st time I got a 3 second penalty, the 2nd I got 5 seconds and the final one I got 10 seconds (these were all in seperate races) All were similar scenarios at similar speeds so what gives? It's frustrating enough when you receive a penalty because another driver was been too aggressive or has not considered that, heaven forbid, another driver may enter a corner slower than them but it's even more annoying to then get an inconsistent penalty.

Ghosting needs to be addressed hugely in the game too, yesterday on the Blue Moon race I flew through a ghosted car that had spun and got a 5 second penalty, I had no other choice as there was a car on my inside and a wall on the right. Whenever a car hits an object it should be ghosted until it has fully recovered or at least not give penalties to those who couldn't avoid it. The same should go for drivers who are punted from behind aggressively, so they don't continue the chain.

Another annoying factor is the penalties themselves, they seem to vary hugely in exactly how much you need to slow down to get rid of them. On some occasions simply lifting off gets rid of them quickly and yet other times you have to slow to a crawl to get them to even start counting down. I also feel sometimes that they are either too minimal or too excessive for the actual offense, for example slightly cutting the 1st chicane at Monza yields a penalty of 5+ seconds where little to no advantage has been had and yet on a much faster corner (eg Dragons Tail turn 5) you'll get 1-3 seconds. And finally, why does it give you penalties when you slide off track and lose a ton of time by doing so? It's not like you had gained any advantage.

Rant over, I love the game but as it is a game it needs to be balanced and on the penalty front, in my view, it isn't.

Last edited:
a dirty drivers will use clever tactics to secure win, like a soft bump, divebomb in but at very critical time ( last turn nutb gp ).

say there are 10 laps, the dirty driver will follow you for 9 laps ( green SR ) and just use the dirty tactics at very last lap.

I feel like such a hypocrite because I'm all for clean racing. However, I also understand that some contact is inevitable. There's only so much road when cars are in bunches traveling at high speeds. But I've really found myself falling into this dark path where I'm becoming overly aggressive. As soon as I sense that someone is about to hit me intentionally, though, I break check them or I spin them out by poking their rear wheels. It's a terrible attitude to take because it puts me on the same level as the dirty players I've come to resent. Trust me, I want to race clean. It's just hard to put into practice when you're regularly matched up with some deplorable players.

Last edited:
Lately I'm finding it real difficult to race clean when I'm at the top S rating and I've been a rammer a few times, unintentionally but it's still no good. I seem to end up qualified behind people who then go real slow in the race and/or are a bit unpredictable, sometimes even weaving around the track, which looks pretty intentional to me but why would you do that and then its hard to avoid them and if I do I am the one who ends up getting rammed from behind.

I just don't get how some can lose 2 seconds a lap compared to their qualifying time but that's what's been happening today in Race B, so no tyre wear to factor in either. Then there is the lagging cars too, to lower my safety rating.

Then in the lower safety rating I usually do well, sometimes winning and have a clean race because there is no one fast enough to get in the way or to hit me but it's boring and me racing against C and D Dr drivers is not fair on them either.

I don't know what to do, my rating never really went down like this in the past, it's a very recent problem. I don't think the race selection has been very helpful either though it has to be said, especially when Race C is either rubbish or a Gr1.

I just don't get how some can lose 2 seconds a lap compared to their qualifying time but that's what's been happening

Much easier when someone runs a bunch of qualifying laps to FINALLY HIT ON 1 DECENT LAP TIME out of multiple laps than to string that lap time together over all the laps making up race distance.

Just another weakness of the Sport system, Q time should be an average lap time taken from several back to back laps as that gives a truer indicator of a persons realistic MAINTAINABLE pace.

Also I'm pretty sure that fuel loads and tires feel different in quali compared to race, cars feel agiler and less weighty, it could be my imagination but it does seem different.

Another factor is nerves, yes it may sound daft but I for one get a little fidgity if I'm in the top 2-3 places, nerves make you more prone to mistakes and coupled with the car up your backside (often flashing its lights!) it can build the tension. I drive with bumper cam mostly (because the in-car views are often poorly obstructed with no mirrors) and I often wish I could turn the rear view mirror off because I sometimes spend a lot of time trying to second guess what the guy behind is doing and then sometimes this leads to mistakes.

It's good that it gets the blood pumping but at some point we all gotta accept that we have good and bad days and sometimes it's easier chasing than been in front.

I just don't get how some can lose 2 seconds a lap compared to their qualifying time but that's what's been happening today in Race B, so no tyre wear to factor in either.

Easily. Today’s FIA manufacturer race, I failed in qualifying. I was about 1,5 second slower than I was practicing before the race. In the race I was almost 2 seconds slower than qualifytime, because of traffic. Couldn’t find any safe place to pass drivers in front of me. Got raised five positions but mostly because others were driving on grass:) I’m DR B SR S driver myself. I prefer take some hit on DR than SR. Although had a great race with five other drivers on positions 8-12.

I’m not too fussed with our contact in hindsight because whilst I think if being lapped you should always be looking behind/around you, I did come from a long way back...

He was a rolling road block to the guy in front though!

I’m not too fussed with our contact in hindsight because whilst I think if being lapped you should always be looking behind/around you, I did come from a long way back...

He was a rolling road block to the guy in front though!

No wonder he was driving like a tank, his name says it all. You did make a clean move, yes, from far, but you were 100% next to him when you guys turned in.

@KK78 I completely agree with the broken penalty system. I got a 10 second penalty and my SR tanked because some knob in front of me tried to run a guy going into the turn at Northern Isle. He fails and ends up right in front of me, pointing towards the outside of the turn. I have so where to go so I plow into his nose then into the wall. He got absolutely nothing. When the person at fault gets off scott free and an innocent gets screwed, something has to be done.

@KK78 I completely agree with the broken penalty system. I got a 10 second penalty and my SR tanked because some knob in front of me tried to run a guy going into the turn at Northern Isle. He fails and ends up right in front of me, pointing towards the outside of the turn. I have so where to go so I plow into his nose then into the wall. He got absolutely nothing. When the person at fault gets off scott free and an innocent gets screwed, something has to be done.

1. Avoid ovals
2. Avoid Monza
3. Avoid weekends (particularly Sundays)

Also I'm pretty sure that fuel loads and tires feel different in quali compared to race, cars feel agiler and less weighty, it could be my imagination but it does seem different.

Another factor is nerves, yes it may sound daft but I for one get a little fidgity if I'm in the top 2-3 places, nerves make you more prone to mistakes and coupled with the car up your backside (often flashing its lights!) it can build the tension. I drive with bumper cam mostly (because the in-car views are often poorly obstructed with no mirrors) and I often wish I could turn the rear view mirror off because I sometimes spend a lot of time trying to second guess what the guy behind is doing and then sometimes this leads to mistakes.

It's good that it gets the blood pumping but at some point we all gotta accept that we have good and bad days and sometimes it's easier chasing than been in front.
Getting fidgety and nervous is normal... I have to try and get myself to calm down. First race last night I was really tense and made some stupid errors on lap 1, fortunately several others ahead of me also made mistakes so I finished 6th (from starting 10th). Race 2 and 3 I consciously relaxed myself and just went with the race, doing everything I did in qualifying, and had really good smooth races.

Last edited by a moderator:
The quality of sportsmanship does increase with time, intentional punters get bored and unintentional ones improve their skills, it's always that way with new GT releases since it's had the online option. I don't see the argument against that really, the game is still too young.

My bigger issue with the game at present is the penalties that are dished out as a result of other drivers actions. For example on the Blue Moon daily yesterday, on several occasions, I got shunted at the 1st corner which in turn made me hit the car in front. The 1st time I got a 3 second penalty, the 2nd I got 5 seconds and the final one I got 10 seconds (these were all in seperate races) All were similar scenarios at similar speeds so what gives? It's frustrating enough when you receive a penalty because another driver was been too aggressive or has not considered that, heaven forbid, another driver may enter a corner slower than them but it's even more annoying to then get an inconsistent penalty.

Ghosting needs to be addressed hugely in the game too, yesterday on the Blue Moon race I flew through a ghosted car that had spun and got a 5 second penalty, I had no other choice as there was a car on my inside and a wall on the right. Whenever a car hits an object it should be ghosted until it has fully recovered or at least not give penalties to those who couldn't avoid it. The same should go for drivers who are punted from behind aggressively, so they don't continue the chain.

Another annoying factor is the penalties themselves, they seem to vary hugely in exactly how much you need to slow down to get rid of them. On some occasions simply lifting off gets rid of them quickly and yet other times you have to slow to a crawl to get them to even start counting down. I also feel sometimes that they are either too minimal or too excessive for the actual offense, for example slightly cutting the 1st chicane at Monza yields a penalty of 5+ seconds where little to no advantage has been had and yet on a much faster corner (eg Dragons Tail turn 5) you'll get 1-3 seconds. And finally, why does it give you penalties when you slide off track and lose a ton of time by doing so? It's not like you had gained any advantage.

Rant over, I love the game but as it is a game it needs to be balanced and on the penalty front, in my view, it isn't.

Yes I feel your pain, I was racing yesterday on the Nurb Gr.3 daily race, last corner I was following a Peugeot VGT Gr.3 round the last corner he/she hits the inside barrier and the car is then sideways an comes to a stop, so much for the physics engine here, I try and swerve past but I hit the car, then I get a 10 second penalty and loose my 5th place.

I have an issue with the Spanish. Not all of them just the ones who ram you off the road. And the ones who lag wlcrash you

I have an issue with the Spanish. Not all of them just the ones who ram you off the road. And the ones who lag wlcrash you

One was definitely lag switching the other day, one minute clean full connection and just when you get close he has a red bar and it's tough to stick with him and to concentrate when his car was bouncing all over the place, then he's clear again and his connection is normal again. He wasn't adverse to ramming others either.

Also whilst you get dirty drivers from every nation I have seen more from there than anywhere else, they tend to help each other too, often they seem to be part of the same team or something. Yesterday as I battled three of them for the win I got bashed about and sandwiched and everything, finally ended in the lag incident leaving one clear in front to win and me clear in 2nd just glad I never got totally taken out.

Latest Posts

Back