How bad is this game for rammers?

• Thread starter Loaf112
  • 117 comments
Unfortunately this happens in every single race so it wasn’t an isolated incident. I’m sure the developers have heard the noise but if/can they change things ...... who knows

If they changed the penalty system too much, then it would be possible to deliberately place your car to cause a penalty to the other driver.
If both drivers are penalised for contact, then it encourages people to leave space and use radar to avoid most collisions.

I was stuck behind a slower car in the wiggly bit at Suzuka today, some idiot was stuck behind me but flashing his lights, I let him by on the next straight and sure enough he took himself off the track and collected the car I had been patient behind.
I passed them both while they were in the dirt and put my smug face on.

I can't help but love this game.

I recently set up a new account and wanted to race the dailies without worrying about SR and no qualifying so I start at the back grid.

Very entertaining watching how people race and some of the moves people attempt truly amazes me. I imagine 'Geronimo!' gets said a lot.:lol:

Hear hear ... so I gotta be careful, mate, when I get my next race rage and start brutally slamming the back markers :lol: !

Then why don't you defend the inside line?

You can't take inside line when two drivers in front of you are already taking it and you're trying to avoid a crash, then driver behind all of us doesn't slow down and uses other people to slow down his momentum.

It's not up to the guy in front to get out the way. It's up to the guy behind to make the overtake.

If you want to crash them while they're doing abnormal blocking , sure.

Use radar and a mirror. I've been racing since the demo and at first it was a crash fest, like drive club. I think some folk LIKE driving nuts and bouncing off everything. Since your new your probably getting matched against other newer drivers who don't know the tracks and the brake points. Hang in there and have fun, it's a learning experience, the better drivers move up in rating to better racing.
At first I thought I was supposed to win every race, now I try to gain a few positions and drive fast and clean. Learn the tracks in practice and qualify fast to get in front of the rammers, and if someone is faster, let them pass, they'll either crash out eventually or take out someone in front, then you pick up 2 positions by being patient. Happens all the time

This has been my strategy since I started racing online for the 1st time ever this month. At 1st I too was a dive bomb bandit, until I stared focusing more on the clean race bonuses. It kinda calmed me down, and the races got better. I still get punted off the track every now and then lol.

75% of races I'm in involve people not taking normal driving lines, so they will be behind you and not slow down, instead go inside to reach you then nudge you off and slow down their car simultaneously. Especially on tracks where this is unavoidable, like Interlagos. Then you have players driving very slow and slowing you down not willing to get out of the way. Then you have people who will not take into account that the driver in front of you is behind a slow driver that requires him to brake way earlier and will just ram you off. Many people will miss braking points, that is fine, but it doesn't explain going trying to sneak into inside causing a wreck.

We just have to deal with it and its effects on DR/SR rating. Because it will bring them down. FIA seems to be more serious and clean.

Slower drivers would help a lot if they would give space when possible for faster driver to pass. Otherwise quick drivers behind catch up then it quickly turns into a wreck.
I agree with you. The problem is the slower driver doesn't know they're slow lol.

Hear what you're saying, but when someone is clearly faster, better for your race to let them through or you lose too much time fighting

And, what some slow drivers do is appalling, where you're alongside them and they just run you off the track, which must be intentionally as they just drift across and keep going. Only option is to brake out of it, but thats not racing, and neither is pushing other cars off the track...
Yes, yes, yes lol!!! Had someone head hunting me the other night. I had gotten punted off the track from 5th to last. The racer in front of me wipes out, and I'm coming to take advantage of their mistake. As I approach to make the pass they intentionally turn into me. As I fight through the fish tailing and make it passed, they harassed, punted me for the remainder of the race lol. So I've developed the mindset that I mentioned in another thread I responded to recently which is "they can't punt me off the track if they can't catch me!" And if they CAN catch me, then they're obviously faster so I let 'em through.

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone hits me and causes negs on the SR, pretty much a 99.8% chance I'll be contacting you on the next turn. How hard, depends....

Be sure to hit the right person. Several times today I've been crashed into from behind sending me flying into the person in front or next to me. It's like they take personal offense to braking for other cars or think they're playing a game of billiards.

Usually quali 3-8 but then get a lovely pit manoeuvre on the first corner so have to fight my way back up.... wish the driver rating took that into account when it works out your score, I would defo be an S for places gained from a crap shunt early on

Last edited:
Usually quali 3-8 but then get a lovely pit manoeuvre on the first corner so have to fight my way back up.... wish the driver rating took that into account when it works out your score, I would defo be an S for places gained from a crap shunt early on

I've thought that too, qualified 3rd on Dragon Tail but got tapped into the wall on the chicane and dropped to last. Made up about 7-8 places (and was still catching the cars in front by the finish) but dropped from DR B to C.

I've also had races with 9 clean laps but one where I've either been spun out as a result of contact or taken to the grass to avoid an accident and lost DR.

The penalties don’t seem to be in favor of the cleaner drivers in the beginning of the progression. I understand penalizing both cars in a collision because it’s hard to figure out who’s at fault, but then the reward for clean sectors should be able to make up for it, especially if you don’t veer off track or hit walls.

I hear there’s a ton of new kids on now, so it’s not a good time to start sport, but it’s pretty frustrating nonetheless. I’ve come to a dead stop on Tokyo today because that hairpin was just filled with crashed cars, of course I get bumped trying to make my way through there, so I might as well have plowed through.

The penalties don’t seem to be in favor of the cleaner drivers in the beginning of the progression. I understand penalizing both cars in a collision because it’s hard to figure out who’s at fault, but then the reward for clean sectors should be able to make up for it, especially if you don’t veer off track or hit walls.

and it does, it's actually quite easy to maintain SR S ... I have no idea how I managed to maintain full SR S after today's races full of ambitious 911's on Brands Hatch, of course my DR took a hit as I lost more DR points than I gained yesterday.

Had terrible race last night round Suzuka, started pole, smashed off going through Dunlop Curve. Dropped to 12th, and was used as a battering ram for rest of the lap. Smashed off at last chicane, i got 8 second penalty, rejoined and moved off racing line, but was still rammed into. Terrible race really.

Well, this morning, had race at Brands, and was good. Fair racing, i started 5th and finished 2nd. The guy who won was leading all race, we came out together after pits, run upto Druids, he got the inside, little nudge nothing terrible, he got through. I stayed within half a second rest of the 3 laps. Could of took him for the win but he raced me fair and square, lead all race and i didnt want to take that away.

Some may think me being stupid, but thats me. Im fair, i will try to leave you room, you beat me to the turning in point of a corner i will defend upto a point, but if going to smash into you i will let you have it and get you next corner or straight. I give back any bumping, only fair. But i hate it. If you can not race clean and fair, go get more practice.

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Anddd Gr3 at Brands...

Was great starting from last. Clean race and finished 3rd. Qualified 5th for the second race and surely enough got absolutely battered by the hard of thinking who were running full power maps, while I wasn't going to have a pit stop. After multiple nerfs and finally been span out I finally lost it. I made sure the person who span me off in the most blatant manner had their race ruined as well.

Back to SR B then.

Going to give Ride 2 some use I think.

The point at which you've quite deliberately spun me out is the point at which you deserve your race to also be ruined. Until the penalties are somewhat fairer this is a natural response.

I did the zen thing and stayed in s sr for sometime as a result, but ultimately if someone is determind to ruin your race they can and will.

Whatever you say. Just so you know though, I wouldn't get into that sort of race with you...

...I'll likely be the innocent party who gets dragged into your war and while I'm bumped out of control or have to take avoiding action, the person I might accidentally hit may think I did it deliberately too. Up to now, it looks like we've got 4 cars playing silly buggers in front of the next innocent party. Rinse and repeat and we've got yet another lower ranked daily race on our hands but imagine if your judgement of the original contact was all wrong.

and it does, it's actually quite easy to maintain SR S ... I have no idea how I managed to maintain full SR S after today's races full of ambitious 911's on Brands Hatch, of course my DR took a hit as I lost more DR points than I gained yesterday.

This has not been my experience at all. I’ve even raced a clean race, ended the only one who was never served a penalty, got sideswiped 3 times though, and still took an SR hit. I don’t understand it. It makes me wonder if I might as well drive as aggressively as the rest.

Whatever you say. Just so you know though, I wouldn't get into that sort of race with you...

...I'll likely be the innocent party who gets dragged into your war and while I'm bumped out of control or have to take avoiding action, the person I might accidentally hit may think I did it deliberately too. Up to now, it looks like we've got 4 cars playing silly buggers in front of the next innocent party. Rinse and repeat and we've got yet another lower ranked daily race on our hands but imagine if your judgement of the original contact was all wrong.

The point at which you've quite deliberately spun me out is the point at which you deserve your race to also be ruined. Until the penalties are somewhat fairer this is a natural response.

I did the zen thing and stayed in s sr for sometime as a result, but ultimately if someone is determind to ruin your race they can and will.

Just to be clear today is the first time I've been so miffed by the actions of someone I've abandoned my race to hand out some revenge. Of course this isn't a solution. If I sought revenge every time my sr would be Z...

A penalty system that assigns blame correctly 90% of the time would be a start.

I've been driving with the DR.A crowd today at Mount Panorama, and while they are good at staying on the track, they still can't anticipate traffic. You slow down for the car in front of you, promptly get hit from behind. Look more than one car ahead! There's zero consideration for avoiding an accident, it's only seen as a weakness and opportunity to push your car past. The only respected action to a car in front of you having a slight wobble is to drive them off the road instantly. Recovery is not an option.

I'm going to Brand's hatch to restore SR to max and get back to DR.B, DR.A is too aggressive for my liking. It's also the 3 lap races that are overly aggressive.

This has not been my experience at all. I’ve even raced a clean race, ended the only one who was never served a penalty, got sideswiped 3 times though, and still took an SR hit. I don’t understand it. It makes me wonder if I might as well drive as aggressively as the rest.
I agree. I’ve had occasions when I got the green SR+ symbol soon after bumping someone, and equally had the orange negative symbol after driving what I thought was a clean section. I don’t get if there’s a delay or how it’s calculated

I just want to say something about “ramming” because i tink that 80% of the ramming is because people dont now there brake point!!!!!

Did allot of gr3 races today on brands hatch that is not the most biggest an wides track in the world where people brake hard on point where you dont have to brake at all.......... and if iam driving in top speed knowing where to brake and someone gives me a brake test..... yeah sorry but i cant react to someone that is braking WAYYYY to early.......

Just to be clear today is the first time I've been so miffed by the actions of someone I've abandoned my race to hand out some revenge. Of course this isn't a solution. If I sought revenge every time my sr would be Z...

A penalty system that assigns blame correctly 90% of the time would be a start.

I get where you're coming from. With me coming from the back of the field though, I see the slightest touch turn into all out war and it soon infects everyone. 10 corners later and everyone is snarling.

Just shrug it off and get back to racing. Don't sink to their level.

Just done daily gr3 at brands playing A/S DR and S SR bit they still all ram, in actual fact noticed the French and German drivers love to do it. Was having some good strategic scraps with kie25 with regards fuel saving to get 10laps, it you get idiots that literally come up behind you and sling it up the inside as soon As they get there rather than even bothering to be patient, got spun out several times being used as a brake, yet they get away with it. Seems to me if you nerf up the inside but don’t push them off the track then they don’t get a penalty, some have made an art of it literally riding over the kerbs to push you out the way then as soon as contact made, turn into you.

It pisses you off, there were probably 5 of us close quarters but every racer respectful, then you get some idiot who isn’t fuel saving come and get excited he’s suddenly catching people that out qualified him by a second or two and just ram his way through, only to pit 3laps later.

Also notice on speedway races a dirty cheat is to brake hard on the straight when a car is slipstreaming , make you ram them back up to speed as nowhere to go and you get a penalty.

The penalty system needs sorting, there are too many people taking advantage of it and figuring out how to abuse it.

I was hoping this game would be a way out of joining an organized league because I’m on the pacific coast and I just want casual clean racing. But it looks like there’s no way around this... and I’m still looking at leaves with race nights that start while I’m still at work.

Besides using radar and the mirror, watch the time gaps to the car behind you. If you're driving consistent laps, you'll be able to tell where you are gaining or losing time compared to the car behind you. For reference, look at the time gap to the car in front as well and you'll get a feel for the distances between cars. Keep in mind the same time gap is a shorter distance at lower speeds. Slower corners after heavy braking are usually where you are most vulnerable.
Good advice, I'll bear that in mind thanks

If they changed the penalty system too much, then it would be possible to deliberately place your car to cause a penalty to the other driver.
If both drivers are penalised for contact, then it encourages people to leave space and use radar to avoid most collisions.

I was stuck behind a slower car in the wiggly bit at Suzuka today, some idiot was stuck behind me but flashing his lights, I let him by on the next straight and sure enough he took himself off the track and collected the car I had been patient behind.
I passed them both while they were in the dirt and put my smug face on.

I can't help but love this game.
The penalties should be MUCH harsher for the guy that passed you and collected the slower guy in front! Happens all the time and I see those guys on the next race!!! Punters like that should be relegated to an F in Sportsmanship Ranking immediately but it doesnt happen! instead they probably didnt lose anything but their B letter became red after the race. And this is sport mode not just an open lobby...

I just want to say something about “ramming” because i tink that 80% of the ramming is because people dont now there brake point!!!!!

Did allot of gr3 races today on brands hatch that is not the most biggest an wides track in the world where people brake hard on point where you dont have to brake at all.......... and if iam driving in top speed knowing where to brake and someone gives me a brake test..... yeah sorry but i cant react to someone that is braking WAYYYY to early.......
It is up to you to anticipate that he may break early. You should find an alternate line to pass or it is your fault not his.
This game seems like its about learning the fastest lines and breaking points to qualify and learning secondary routes that can be as fast to take advantage of others mistakes.

Back