how do i drift my german cars?

• Thread starter JettaKid06
  • 25 comments
all audi concepts, vw nardo w12(two v-6's), benz slr, sl 65 amg,m5, m3 gtr race car, m3 gtr, bmw 2002, spyker c8, maclaren f1 race, sl300, e55, lupo gti cup car, a3, beetle rsi, beetle cup car, opel speedster, auto union v16, golf mk4, golf mk1, abt tt-r touring, sl 5oo, ruf rgt, amg 190 evoll touring, all models of vw and the hpa twin turbo mk4 gti.
if that answers your question.....but i love my nardo

The nationality of the manufacturer makes no difference in tuning. If you read a guide for FR cars, amazingly enough it'll work for German FR cars, too.

thnx, but how do i drift a nardo if its got two huge v6's in it and i cant make it go sideways?

Simply practice....drifting is not easy. NO settings will make you drift automatically...It's not the settings...it's the driver.

i'll try out the nardo tonight... possibly throw up another broad biased universal setup

The nationality of the manufacturer makes no difference in tuning. If you read a guide for FR cars, amazingly enough it'll work for German FR cars, too.

wow really! and to think all this time i've been avoiding Deutche-mobiles cuz i thought they couldn't drift! :rolleyes:

(being sarcastic)

:) Cuz is a word, dood. :dunce:

not in the way you were using it,

Here's that Nardo Setup (prototype)

Springs 11/10.5
height 120/120
bound 4/4
rebound 6/6
camber 2/1.5
stabs 2/1

Brakes 5/13
racing brakes
ASM/TCS = 0

tranny: use tranny trick, bring final gear rouglhy to the point that the gth gear on the diagram reachs about 3/4 of the screen.

N3 Tires

oil change

LSD settings: Not yet developed, becasue when i was making the setup, the car would always lock up if i gained too much angle (50deg +). So i figured stock lsd was better so im using that now, and it still sucks IMO. figure out the LSD yourself

Downforce: 20/15

the thing with this car is that its meant to go straight, it cannot slide a lot, it understeers (for me).
More or less a speed drift setup, it can't shift weight, it can oversteer off but understeers when you try to maintain low angle, becuase of a bad LSD, going in with a good angle will lock your car or signifcanly slow you down and the rev is stuck pretty low to a point then suddenly kicks up.

oh no why would i be talking about such angelic drivers?, but seriously yes you guys should relax and have fun driving (isnt that what its all about) its not aobut beatimng some little 8 year old japanese kid is it?

Huh? Parnelli and I weren't being serious, we were being sarcastic, A Trico Pro was the one being serious and not getting jokes.

They're all man because they've both got high cholesterol and blood pressure, and they spilled their milk on their new leather pants. :P

Back