How do I get the Nissan Sil Eighty in GT1?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 1' started by takumi64, Nov 3, 2002.

1. takumi64

takumi64

Try winning the FR Event again...

2. SpeedRaca

SpeedRaca

Yeah, it only takes 5 minutes :)

Are there any other hybrid cars? Ive heard people talking about them.

3. takumi64

takumi64

I hear Mitsubishi manufactured hybrids too...

4. SpeedRaca

SpeedRaca

Cooooooooooool

5. SpeedRaca

SpeedRaca

I dont like the sileighty that much. With a few mods itll go well but stock its a little underpowered and requires forced drifting

6. takumi64

takumi64

Well, maybe the Sil Eighty can drift properly in real life... Sil Eighty owners probably tweaked their cars a little...

7. SpeedRaca

SpeedRaca

obviously you want a more hardcore drifting experience in gt... dont have walls and poles to smack into. Though i have seen some damn good drifting on video

8. takumi64

takumi64

It would have been better if GT had more mountain courses than high-speed ones... I'd love to race on Akina, Akagi, Myogi or Usui...

9. RPS13xSR20DET

RPS13xSR20DET

hmm...so...the 1989-1993 Nissan 240sx Coupes (US release) are actually these "ONE-VIA's" you speak off~?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Pupik

Pupik Staff Emeritus

Your car?

Interesting point. The only thing close to the US-spec 88-93 240sx is the 180SX, or "Fastback Type X" in GT2, oddly enough.

You seem to know a good deal about this.

11. takumi64

takumi64

Where did you get those pics? I can hardly find those on the net. Nice car, though. More handsome than the Sil Eighty

12. RPS13xSR20DET

RPS13xSR20DET

that's not my car (though i wish it was) but i drive a 90 Nissan 240sx SE Hatchback (180sx *RPS13* JDM), in the US...it lasted from 1989-93 similar to this
    [​IMG]

the other pics i posted are of the 1989-93 Nissan 240sx Coupe (S13 Silvia *JDM* pic below)
    [​IMG]

"Now the Sileighty is an interesting car... it's origins started with car accidents, which turned into a rend, and then the manufacturers realizing that they could cash in on the trend" <\~click for more info on the Nissan Sileighty
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. takumi64

takumi64

So I guess Nissan produced more One Vias than Sil Eighties. And I bet the owners of these 240SXs have already applied drift settings into their cars. I wonder if the king of drift, Tsuchiya Keiichi, still has his One Via.

14. RPS13xSR20DET

RPS13xSR20DET

Nissan USA did....so...i guess you can say that...but they're more known as the Nissan 240sx Coupe

15. takumi64

takumi64

I like it... It's handsome... Maybe if I get one I'll apply Bunta's setting (heavy understeering when the gass pedal is open)