How do I set gear ratios to match tuners ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ozirules
  • 9 comments
  • 1,258 views
Messages
193
Australia
Australia
Messages
ozirules12
I have problems matching gear settings to match the tuners . I reset trans to default ,I set final gear , set top speed & then try to match tuner settings ,but they never match . What am I doing wrong ?
Ozi
 
Do you do all of the mods & power settings EXACTLY the same as the tuners?
 
I don't think you are doing the 'Tranny trick' correctly.

Try setting top speed to maximum after reset to default,
set final
THEN set top speed again.

I recall doing top speed twice, abit busy right now so I can't check, but it's in the drag tuning sticky.
 
Custom wheels will change gear ratios as well.
 
ozirules
I have problems matching gear settings to match the tuners . I reset trans to default ,I set final gear , set top speed & then try to match tuner settings ,but they never match . What am I doing wrong ?
Ozi

Not every tuner sets there gears the same. Make sure you follow the way they have it written up, and you should be fine :cheers:
 
Probably an old tune.
The gear ratios have been changed in one or more patches. If the tune you are trying to apply pre-dates the patch, you won't get the right ratios.

In most cases you can adjust the top speed slider before tuning the gears to get the right set of ratios.
If you can't get a specific gear low or high enough, start off with a higher/lower top speed and see if all the gears are in range.
You'll be sorted after a few tries.
 
Like Rogzero said...

First set the max gear ratio
Second, set top speed
third, other ratios.

Good luck 👍
 
I don't think you are doing the 'Tranny trick' correctly.

Try setting top speed to maximum after reset to default,
set final
THEN set top speed again.

I recall doing top speed twice, abit busy right now so I can't check, but it's in the drag tuning sticky.

Thanks to both you guys , I looked for the sticky in tuning but only found formula to do own tune . So looks like I never change speed for different tracks only gear ratios & use top right for speed . Now I know what Praiano means on some of his tunes with a top right speed .:):):)
Thanks again Ozi

Praiano's trany trick different as pointed out .Set default ,set final to highest , set speed to lowest , set ratios & then set final & use speed readout top right to match track . Info was all there & I just could not work it out .
Thanks Ozi
 
Last edited:
Back