How do you feel about rally in GTS?

• Thread starter Tekku
  • 127 comments
GT3 had the best Rallying of the Gran Turismo franchise followed by GT4.. after that they went downhill in the Rally department which is a shame as it was a very enjoyable part of the game in those 2 titles đź‘Ž:irked:

[/THREAD] Rally used to be awesome, like the cherry on top. Now its just embarassing.

Jerome

Tip! For anyone who doesn't know yet:
Turning OFF ABS Will improve braking AND Handling in GT:S. Rally. Wich is prettig much the only thing realistic about it...

i think they just went lazy with this, and quickly put it in the game to satisfy some extra players...

I assume they just took the asphalt physics, but apply VERY LOW grip to the tyres... Maybe someone can make a video comparison of comfort hard tyres on asphalt VS terrain tyres on terrain it might be suprisingly similar!

That would alsof explain the always 'fixed' terrain tyres.... If you could take the racing tyres, they would still behave better than the terrain tyres... Since it's just the tyres making the differentieel, and not the terrain... Those are just cheap Textures pasted over the asphalt...

Wich is a very cheap, lazy, and ripoff way of delivering... They put too much time in stupid details instead of actually improving the game in general.

Last edited by a moderator:
GT3 had the best Rallying of the Gran Turismo franchise followed by GT4.. after that they went downhill in the Rally department which is a shame as it was a very enjoyable part of the game in those 2 titles đź‘Ž:irked:
Yeah, I seem to recall they were quite fun (and I was good at them). Can't quite remember 5, but 6 was horrible!

How do I feel about it? Well PD has been on the cusp of truly great rally since GT4 but can never quite get there.GT5 brought procedural generation courses but it was so poorly implemented that it was useless. They were so close with GT6 if only they just put the peanut butter and chocolate together and made a procedural rally mode but they didn't and now DIRT has(!) and now they threw everything good away for a few lame dirt courses.

Really like the cars that were created for Gr. B in this game, but like other members have expressed, the physics have a lot left to be desired.

The rally physics are terrible. Maybe the worst I have experienced in a supposed simulation game. I can't begin to imagine what sport mode races would look like on the dirt tracks #carnage
GT games have never been good at rally physics, but did you really get the game for rally driving? I didn’t, I play DIRT or WRC games for them rally feels.

Also, there are a lot of rally cars considering there are really only 3 rally tracks (I dont count the northern isle festival abominations). Seems like a lot of work to design all those cars for 3 tracks... aka there is probably more terrible GT rally tracks in our futures

I have always appreciated that they have included rally in GT games. It’s one of my favorite auto disciplines.
However, it’s always wrong in terms of name and physics.
It should be, in name, Rally Cross. as we are always on closed circuits. Point to point has been missing since inception and really removes the true meaning of what rally is.
The physics have been discussed by others. I can’t add much more to that discussion except I agree that the physics are a poor representation of rally.

Like most of you I hate the implementation of Rally in this game. IMO it is the biggest throwback to the older games and I've always thought GT's rally was terrible. Other areas in GT Sport have improved from the older games but Rally is as bad as ever and I'm disappointed they included it in this game because I think it is one of the top things that drag this game down. I also think VGT and Oval don't belong in this game and I think this would be a better game if Rally, VGT and Oval were not included.

It is terrible to the point it makes me sad thinking about how they got the license for Pikes Peak... good thing the real pikes peak is all tarmac now. Hopefully PD will stay modern with it, because if they put in any gravel/dirt sections on pikes peak with this .. đź‘Ž

At first it's fun because you can thrash the cars around at ridiculous speeds and angles, but then you realize rally doesn't work that way. It's too slippery.

Whats up with all the low post count folks liking the rally aspect of GT:Sport, It's crap in GT:Sport and has been crap in every previous GT game. These are facts, The rally physics are beyond woeful.

I've played Sega Rally Championship (A game from 1995) and the rally physics on that was and still is better than anything PD has done with rally thus far. For a game with such a poor track count there are way too many rally "tracks".

Whats up with all the low post count folks liking the rally aspect of GT:Sport, It's crap in GT:Sport and has been crap in every previous GT game. These are facts, The rally physics are beyond woeful.

I've played Sega Rally Championship (A game from 1995) and the rally physics on that was and still is better than anything PD has done with rally thus far. For a game with such a poor track count there are way too many rally "tracks".

Well, it's probably some peoples only exposure to rally racing. A game like Gran Tourismo is going to get a lot of players that would not even consider Dirt, or Wrc etc.

Don't like it it's quite bad.

Even worse, a game that seriously lacks content should not be wasting tracks and cars on rally which most don't care about. Just bad decision and content management on the developer's part.

I don’t see how my low post count is relevant, would you care to explain?

You say it’s a fact that it’s crap, I say it’s good fun. You know, opinions and all that?

For me it's just completing the campaign rally's in gold and then i'm done with it
i hate it
night rally's i hate even more

I don’t see how my low post count is relevant, would you care to explain?

You say it’s a fact that it’s crap, I say it’s good fun. You know, opinions and all that?

Agreed, Ghostrider - do you equate my post count with my experience, gaming or otherwise?

Do I have to post a CV of game and real life experience?

I didn't say it was accurate, I said it was (with a wheel, once you dial in to it) fun - ya know, the other reason we play games?

Back