How do you guy´s get the right length on race tracks

Discussion in 'GT6 Course Maker Showcase' started by Soren Jacquet, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

I have tryede an tryede to get the right length on some race tracks ,but the always get 4 to 6 km longer than the original ... arrrrrgh

2. Bruno Pro

Bruno Pro

Good question
    If it is a world circuit which you can find on Google maps then I go there and use 'measure distance' feature. I mesure the track's starting straight and when uploading the image of the layout I just try to make the Designers starting straight (500m) proportionally smaller
    In Google maps I also measure width of the track

I hope this helps!

Grippy and Soren Jacquet like this.
  3. Bruno Pro

Bruno Pro

When recreating GT tracks though, if I have the length of the starting straight I use it. If not I estimate it and I make a quick layout and see how much I'm off. Then I start again enlarging the image or making it smaller.

Soren Jacquet likes this.
  4. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

Thanks have found that and have tryede that and now it goes much better with the length of the tracks hehee

5. Bruno Pro

Bruno Pro

Cool. Glad it helped

Soren Jacquet likes this.
  6. steve nfs

steve nfs

Is it possible to shorten the straight to eg: 400 m? If yes, how ?

7. Bruno Pro

Bruno Pro

I don't think it is possible
    Staring straight starts with 500m in Eifel Flat and ends up to be I think 600m
    In Eifel I think is the same except it starts with 300m

In Andalusia it starts with 200m and end up with 800m
    Probably it's similar in Death Valley

Unfortunately this limits number of tracks we can do unless we proportionally make whole track bigger

I hope PD will release patch to address this issue

steve nfs and Soren Jacquet like this.
  8. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

I have the same problem , on a track I want to make the original straits is 300 m but when the track is finish then it suddenly is 600 m insted of 300 , that is a big failure in that patch,

9. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

I have found another problem one track I made there I made a 90degrees turn like them in London , looks funny when you get to that turn hehehe