How do you guy´s get the right length on race tracks

Denmark
Denmark Odense
jacquet16
I have tryede an tryede to get the right length on some race tracks ,but the always get 4 to 6 km longer than the original ... arrrrrgh

I have tryede an tryede to get the right length on some race tracks ,but the always get 4 to 6 km longer than the original ... arrrrrgh
Good question
If it is a world circuit which you can find on Google maps then I go there and use 'measure distance' feature. I mesure the track's starting straight and when uploading the image of the layout I just try to make the Designers starting straight (500m) proportionally smaller
In Google maps I also measure width of the track

I hope this helps!

When recreating GT tracks though, if I have the length of the starting straight I use it. If not I estimate it and I make a quick layout and see how much I'm off. Then I start again enlarging the image or making it smaller.

Good question
If it is a world circuit which you can find on Google maps then I go there and use 'measure distance' feature. I mesure the track's starting straight and when uploading the image of the layout I just try to make the Designers starting straight (500m) proportionally smaller
In Google maps I also measure width of the track

I hope this helps!
Thanks have found that and have tryede that and now it goes much better with the length of the tracks hehee

Is it possible to shorten the straight to eg: 400 m? If yes, how ?
I don't think it is possible
Staring straight starts with 500m in Eifel Flat and ends up to be I think 600m
In Eifel I think is the same except it starts with 300m

In Andalusia it starts with 200m and end up with 800m
Probably it's similar in Death Valley

Unfortunately this limits number of tracks we can do unless we proportionally make whole track bigger

I hope PD will release patch to address this issue

I don't think it is possible
Staring straight starts with 500m in Eifel Flat and ends up to be I think 600m
In Eifel I think is the same except it starts with 300m

In Andalusia it starts with 200m and end up with 800m
Probably it's similar in Death Valley

Unfortunately this limits number of tracks we can do unless we proportionally make whole track bigger

I hope PD will release patch to address this issue
I have the same problem , on a track I want to make the original straits is 300 m but when the track is finish then it suddenly is 600 m insted of 300 , that is a big failure in that patch,

I have found another problem one track I made there I made a 90degrees turn like them in London , looks funny when you get to that turn hehehe

Latest Posts

Back