How do you keep Gran Turismo 6 fun?

• Thread starter JoaoSilva
  • 162 comments
well I was hoping the course maker would get released on 1.17 but looks like i'll have to wait another month.The fact that polyphony is screwing things up updating the game isn't helping matters

Drifting with a wheel and "building" drift cars, because I absolutely love drifting, mostly because i'm practicing till' next year when I can begin drifting in junior drifting in Norway, the year you turn 15 you are allowed to drift on tracks but you are not allowed to enter a drift in more than 80 km/h (If I remember correctly..).
Sorry if my English is not perfect since I'm just a 14 y/o Norwegian ;)

I give myself various challenges, like trying to build the best ___ car for under ___ credits. Other times I blow all the money I just earned in seasonals on fully tuning the most random cars and trying to find "diamonds in the rough" so to speak, with cars no one would think of using.
And then there's photography, which I admit I've been slacking on.

i dont. the only time i have fun is when implaying with my friends but thats just how life is most people are idiots

as far as single player right now im trying a few things. beat 10 lap super silverstone challenge in lowest pp car and in nascar and 24 mins of Spa in lowest pp car possible

Usually what helps me is just thinking to myself about how I can drive 1200+ cars in places all around the world for free. That motivates me to just take any car and drive it at the limit, then take photos and enjoy the detail that, even in these new gen days, is still often impressive.

Organized online racing is also a brilliant way to spend some evenings, with close, intense racing not being a rarity. And then there's the random cruising and BS with friends. :lol:

Being retired I have plenty of time on my hands and have spent 4 to 8 hours a day on GT5 and GT6. Broadband is too slow for on line content. When I first put my GT6 disc in, it took 9 hours for the initial update. Being a retired accountant all my cars have to be in profit! I wrote a program to monitor this and keep records of all results, by car, event, track. Sad really. I have done the best part of 5000 laps round the Nurburgring. I go back to GT5 regularly for the endurance racing, both in the career events and in arcade mode. Be nice to have this in GT6! But there does come a time when my think, now what. GT7- 2015 or 2016 or maybe 2017. I need it now. ProjectCARS would fill the gap, but that keeps slipping back. In the meantime, back to it, the Ring calls

I play for about 2 hours every time there's an update. Then I leave it until the next update, something I don't really like doing. I think that they need to put the promised features and all the Vision GT cars in the game ASAP, so they can put all their energy in GT7. I just want Gran Turismo to stay fresh because I don't like playing for 2 hours after an update, I want to play it all day. At the moment I don't feel like that :/

I play for about 2 hours every time there's an update. Then I leave it until the next update, something I don't really like doing. I think that they need to put the promised features and all the Vision GT cars in the game ASAP, so they can put all their energy in GT7. I just want Gran Turismo to stay fresh because I don't like playing for 2 hours after an update, I want to play it all day. At the moment I don't feel like that :/

They already have most of their focus on GT7 i think , that's why all these features are slowly coming to the game ... Also because they want to keep us playing for longer.

Most of the time, I try an old premium car and take it to the ring without HUD. I also have a couple of good drifting buddies when I feel like burning virtual rubber :)

For me, I sometimes like to be creative and give myself random challenges or compare cars alongside each other in Time Trials around a course. I.E. Ford Focus ST '13 vs VW Golf R '10 on Tsukuba Circuit or Dodge Viper GTS '02 vs Chevrolet Corvette Z06 '04 on Laguna Seca Raceway.

There's also photomode, I can have a lot of fun taking pictures of all the cars in this game in each of the many locations. With these factors, you can get some great shots in.

Though, I also never completed the game, I'm not exactly the best driver as I can't do all of the S-Level events and I am stuck on the Willow Springs Nascar event.

I didn't read all the replies but here's a good suggestion challenge yourself by racing in the same races over again but limit yourself for example instead of racing the Sunday cup with a 430pp car try it with 420, 410, 400 etc until it's a challenge, then do the Sam in all the other race events. Make it a challenge. Also the online time trial events keep me busy and have great payouts plus new paint colors suits etc to collect. Check and see what trophies you have to collect still. Plenty to do.

Tune cars to weight, power and PP criteria and do some lapping. A.t.m. I'm doing min 1500 kg, max 550 BHP and max 530 PP cars on SH or harder compound. Camaro, M5, DB9, C63 AMG, Mustang Mach and similar cars. Way more fun than blasting around in sub 800 kg cars on RS.

I've just spent a little bit of time with the GT by Citroen Race Car.
Course I didn't have to drive it - I could have just looked at it since it's the best in the game at that, for me. But on the right track it is also a bloody hoot.

This is the key with not just GT6, but anything. Use what you want to, not what you need to. That's how you get joy out of it.

I find it sad at the lack of a race event for the Red Bull X-series cars and I can't seem to find anyone online hosting a race using them. I hosted a few but no one joined and six racers who have joined my lobby at random RAGE-QUIT on me on the final lap.

More like a wrong correction considering that I wasn't referring to photo travel alone. :P
I was thinking of all of the race tracks I can take pictures at, which is something I have fun with since I honestly prefer taking pictures of my cars while they're in motion rather at a stand still.

In that case I couldn't agree more, I prefer to take motion screenshots myself as well. ;)

Driving every cars on every tracks.

I was about to take a rest from GT6 after I finished Red Bull X but then Vettel showed up and explains that GT is all about driving, hence the quote "The real driving simulator" and "The drive of your life". I still play GT6 til this very day (sadly I never had chance to play my other games and still want to buy Thrustmaster wheel).
10995986_792292507513469_1764621780584316913_o.jpg

How do I keep GT6 fun? I occasionally Drag Race the 1/4M at Indy with friends. Usually after i finish work I'll still come on GT6 for a hour or two around midnight in the UK. But it's very rare now. If the physics and suspension worked well like it did in GT5 or if I could see what affects what with something like Speed Test I would be top speed testing my Le Mans cars of which I held some good unofficial top speed records on GT5 on route x.

With there being no Speed Test in GT6, I'm losing all the fun I had in GT5 where I would spend hours tuning my car on route x for 1/4M, top speed. I could tweak every parameter of the cars gearing, suspension, toe, camber, weight and aero to get the last 0.001 or the highest top speed out of the car. With this feature non-existent in GT6 I'm losing interest very quickly. Now I recently bought an Xbox One, so I go to play Forza 5, or I go to my PS4 to play GTAV, Far Cry 4 or Assassins Creed Unity.

Latest Posts

Back