How do you keep Gran Turismo 6 fun?

• Thread starter JoaoSilva
  • 162 comments
@ashtar and @Rouward
If i had more time on my hands, i oyld do exactley like both of you...
I am jralous...

Also what @TexRex is doing is pretty awesome: getting all the paint chips...

I told my wife, the GT game series including GT6, i could spend all my life playing it, i woyld not get bored.
She bought it for me as a Christmas present when GT6 first came out, i told this game is so good i can play it until and Especially during my retirement...

Gotta wait another 30 more some years... :(
Cant wait to show my grand kids how cool i am a granpa by playing a 30 year old games LOL.

One thing they could do is add a drag track for online. they included one into GT5, and removed it from GT6. Like this post if you think we need this.

I have started to use Arcade Mode more now. I never really used it before. I "plan" out a series of events, kind of like a World Tour or a longer Championship Season, then get in my Ferrari 458 Italia and go!

I set the laps to about 20-30 (dependent on circuit) to simulate a real length race but one where you wouldnt need to change tires (as there is no tire or fuel consumption!) Also on tracks where you can have weather and time change its fun as you can race at sunset etc.

I enter with my car at around 570pp and on the "Professional" level and then right before the race I drop it down to 507pp. This makes the race more challenging as the other cars will be quicker at some stages of the race.

Just keeps me playing longer

I do different things so I don't get bored. Dirty racing, slalom or circuit drifting, seasonal's, quick match.

A guy I know only does dirty racing, like 4-6 hours a day. He barley does any seasonal's. I would've been bored ages ago doing the same.

Lately I've been doing races with ridiculous cars that I think makes it funny. Last night I was doing supercar races with My Delorean that has max height, min spring rate, 1 dampener/anti-roll settings on CM tires. Power and weight tuned to 500pp 50/50. The body roll is hilarious to watch and surprisingly it doesn't drive too bad actually :odd:

I've used a maxed out Fiat (the tiny old one) with the same suspension settings for a few races at Suzuka as well. That one will actually pick the RR tire up off the ground about a foot or more going into the last corner it rolls so much :lol:

Other than that it's just photomode for me. It's the only thing truly keeping it "fresh" for the most part. Online is still a sewer of rammers and children for the most part and I don't tune so Shuffle was really all I ran in GT5. With my schedule I can't really partake in series and such :(

Edit: Driving non-sporty family sedans has also become slightly fun for some strange reason. Like that fugly C5 Citroen... which I won the Motegi seasonal with ease In lol

Last edited:
i am running all my 600+ tunes with the dedicated tires...

on Fuji on-line

and maintain a database with my best lap-time of each car...
at the moment i have 100 550 pp sx streetcars... all aids of on dc3.

I started out with the lowest pp streetcars.
The better i know the track the faster the car's get...

i'll finish with the race car's ... same system...

I never get bored... i have now some week's to think about the next track... I already did deep forrest with the same approach... The ring is too long... takes too much time to do 2 laps with all the car's...

suggestions?

To keep GT6 fun, I play The Crew and Driveclub and realize GT6 is still the best driving game for PlayStation, and the only reason I still have my PS3 after getting my PS4.

Regardless of the quality of other racing titles, there's definitely a "home sweet home" feeling when returning to GT6 after having spent time with those other games.

I recently discovered a new thrilling experience today.

Get in your Red Bull X2010 (especially the S.Vettel version; the close gearing is mad awesome) and take it to the track at Circuit de la Sierra. Hotlapping has never been more heart-pounding and exciting, ever...

Not only is the course long, but it's winding, tricky, and sure as hell unpredictable, especially when you're in a ground-level spacecraft like the Red Bull X Prototypes. The right amount of banking and steepness on some of the corners can make or break your lap, and when you finally manage to muster it through the entire course with a clean lap, the satisfaction is beyond immense gratification...

I'm currently getting times just under five minutes now. Slap on some of your favorite tunes and you'll just keep on lappin'~

Idk how, My love for cars keeps gran turismo fun for me. It's always fun for me, no matter what car or course I choose, or what pp. It's just fun, I've been playing since gt2, and it's always fun for me. :/ I love nissan though. I've gotten pretty quick with ds3 never used a wheel though.

Easy. Get a new baby. Add "some" problems with breastmilk comming up again.
Add hip displacement to the mix.
Due to sleep problems caused by milk problem you may be able to login maybe once a week.
The 4-year old will ofcourse claim all time with mom when the baby sleep.

At least its makes me want to play as much as possible.

Btw, i am not complaining about my life. I am happy. Exept low playing at the moment.

My love for cars keeps gran turismo fun for me. It's always fun for me, no matter what car or course I choose, or what pp. It's...always fun for me. :/ I love nissan though.

Hi Kaz. Many of us suspected that you had a secret account on GT Planet. Now you've given yourself away!

;)

VBR
Hi Kaz. Many of us suspected that you had a secret account on GT Planet. Now you've given yourself away!
;)

lol I think you're mistaken there, My original name is kryption, but on gt6 it's GTR-TOUGE haha, I'm still new here though.

Doing seasonal races without any infos on the screen. Just you, the car and the track (and the silly AI, of course). Shifting gears when you hear it's the right moment to do it, not being sure how many cars are left to overtake, or sometimes how many laps to go. Quite an immersive experience.

By incident i stopped doing seasonal's (gear-bug) and let my bob earn the money (24h Nordschleife by rocket).

I now only do on-line races in my own room (still Fuji at the moment, 200 more streetcars and 250 race cars to go) and i must say, i get regular guests and enjoy that much more than the seasonal's before...

so the gear-bug had also an advantage... i will not go back to seasonal's (that i sometime ran hundred of times).

still... what will be the next track... Suzuka or Trial mountain or ?

thoughts?

Got an idea you could try with your pal's.

It's called 15 cops, 1 crook.
BMW M4's only, stock aswell, any tyre choice you wish.
Only sierra as the track, full damage.

Now... 15 (or however many of you there are) use the M4 safety car & 1 of you use the normal or frozen black M4.

The crook gets a 5 or 10 second head start & the cops have to chase him down within 1 lap, but they have to work together so they dont crash (hence the full damage), same applies for the crook.

If the crook completes the lap without getting caught, he can run again or nominate another player, if he gets caught the cop that crashes / catches him out can then have a go at being a crook.

Adjust the rules as you wish, but fun none the less :)

Add weather & time cycle for more extreme chases :)

Suppose you could try the ring or le-man aswell, but 1 is to short & the other is to tight.

I just find driving fun. I like to sometimes compare the times i can get with different cars on track and i also sometimes like to spend some time buying, tuning customising and then testing the cars i get. I also like to go online into those car show rooms where i can show off my cars and look at other peoples', sometimes do a bit of racing offline with the ai, or sometimes online.

One thing they could do is add a drag track for online. they included one into GT5, and removed it from GT6. Like this post if you think we need this.
I wish I could have fun by hoping for things to be put in the game. I usually get depressed when I hope they put in Texas Motor Speedway: because I know it will not happen.

GT5 had a drag track? Route X is in GT6 if that is what you are talking about...

The fact that other Racing games do better than what GT6 does, in terms of what I find fun in racing games (proper offline racing at the best of my abilities) ... I can actually never see myself playing GT6 anymore.

I find it a bit sad that now the only fun to be had in GT is hot-laps and tunes when it was so much more than that prior...

Man, I just drift. Like a lot. I'm not very good at hot lapping and always posting competitive times, I'm not a very quick driver I guess lol. So I do the next best thing and whip a car around a corner sideways, I just get a kick out of it in the right car like one of my 5 AE86's(no I don't have a problem :P), or some of my drift missiles.

Drifting's awesome.

I started focusing on the seasonals more awhile back, wanting to get gold on them all. I also am learning to drift and have been able to gold them too. Actually for the most part, they are a lot of fun, and I find some of them ( like the matterhorn recently ) are easier than super lap. Ive also been joining in the car of the week races online. Now THATS a lot of fun. Grid start, no tuning, no stupid AI, and none of that quick match punting/penalty stupidity. Theres some league or something here for folks such as myself that are older than dirt. I'm going to ck that out.

let me contrast with the competitor.... that game has 200 cars? and 50 track variations? only 14 tracks?

a very short 6 category career? its over for me and it didnt take that long (ie. maybe 3 months playing on and off)

GT6 also has a reasonably horrible career path but it does have seasonals, it does have Vision

I do like trying out the cars that arent 'on the surface'.

eg. I have traditonally stayed away from FWD cars... but I have rediscovered the joys of 'power understeer' and rolling FWD burnouts with the Golf GT24 race car and I've even found the Wedsport Celica which is in fact an RWD race car.

There's a lot under the surface. You find you own fun here.

The seasonals if they click with me, I run maybe 3 or 4 tries a day. That is maybe 30 mins of playtime? 300,000 x 4 = 1.2 mil. credits. For short goes, its fine. I like collecting cars with that money and then running said cars. I might do a race, see how I do and then run a B-Spec on the same track and see how they compare to me.

If I find a seasonal troublesome I get tips/tunes here.

I do a B-Spec run on some cars I wouldnt normally try. I derive joy from tuning a car and *just* beating the competition. Its no fun running a '97 F1 GTR and killing everyone on a B-Spec race.

Certainly its not as good as B-Spec GT5 but it is what it is.

When I play GT6 I feel that I'm participating in PD's love of cars and motor racing.

I dont feel that with the other titles out there.

let me contrast with the competitor.... that game has 200 cars? and 50 track variations? only 14 tracks?

a very short 6 category career? its over for me and it didnt take that long (ie. maybe 3 months playing on and off)

GT6 also has a reasonably horrible career path but it does have seasonals, it does have Vision

I do like trying out the cars that arent 'on the surface'.

eg. I have traditonally stayed away from FWD cars... but I have rediscovered the joys of 'power understeer' and rolling FWD burnouts with the Golf GT24 race car and I've even found the Wedsport Celica which is in fact an RWD race car.

There's a lot under the surface. You find you own fun here.

The seasonals if they click with me, I run maybe 3 or 4 tries a day. That is maybe 30 mins of playtime? 300,000 x 4 = 1.2 mil. credits. For short goes, its fine. I like collecting cars with that money and then running said cars. I might do a race, see how I do and then run a B-Spec on the same track and see how they compare to me.

If I find a seasonal troublesome I get tips/tunes here.

I do a B-Spec run on some cars I wouldnt normally try. I derive joy from tuning a car and *just* beating the competition. Its no fun running a '97 F1 GTR and killing everyone on a B-Spec race.

Certainly its not as good as B-Spec GT5 but it is what it is.

When I play GT6 I feel that I'm participating in PD's love of cars and motor racing.

I dont feel that with the other titles out there.

I see where you're coming from there, there's so much to do, and I'm collecting all nissans and infiniti, I read the car info too ^^ such good info and history!!!

For me, the answer is simple: trying out all different kinds of crazy car/track combos in Arcade Mode, and then repeating the ones I like over and over again. One of my favorites is X2014s at Daytona under the lights.

Back