How does GT5 compare to GT6?

• Thread starter MclarenGT
  • 13 comments
I am actually one of the few people who like GT5 more Than GT6 because of GT6's crappy feel. If the career showroom was the same as arcade, i'll think about it. It has lots of niggles and sloppy parts. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but it's my least favourite GT game. Stick with GT5.

Regardless, having to be level 40 to even be allowed to *attempt* a race is idiotic. Translate that to games that actually are known for using level systems, that would be like an RPG where you're not even allowed to try the final boss until you're level 99.

You need levels just to buy cars. Because obviously, grinding for credits wasn't enough.

Actually, I find levelling extremely fun. The feeling when you get levels to purchase that Peugeot 908 you've been drooling over since Level 0 is great. Levels are harder than credits to get, I've always got enough credits for a car before enough levels, but it is still one of THE greatest games on any system (excuse me, I'M BIASED!:cool:) And remember GT4? 600 credits for first place? INSANELY hard licences? Now THAT was grinding.:nervous:;);)

I have heard that GT5 has more realistic physics compared to GT6,is it true?
Generally, no. GT6 is a step forward in almost every way (even if the steps are occasionally imperceptibly small); and the only main thing that comes to mind that GT5 has on GT6 is that higher speed acceleration and top speeds are much better simulated in GT5 (at least after later patches) than GT6.

You need levels just to buy cars. Because obviously, grinding for credits wasn't enough.
For what it's worth, they don't need to be A-Spec levels.

Umm, there's been a patch for GT5 so I'm wondering if anyone knows what the deal is... ?

And I don't know when it was released. It could have been tonight or three days ago.

There are a few things that were available in GT5 that are not featured in GT6. If you are liking GT6 more, enjoy it while you can, the online service period for that will be ending just as it did with GT5. It's one thing to lose online racing but to lose access to half of the playable content and much of your progress along with it is kind of a buzzkill. I wouldn't waste any time with online content in GT6 that may possibly disappear once the online service period ends.
-
I thought it was like a Federal Offence to violate any of the sacred restrictions in GT5? Interesting to note they don't exist anyore in GT6. so I guess they were not such a good idea after all. I wish they woulld've at least done a final update to GT5 before it went offline to let it remain somewhat more playable for people who purchased it after the service period ended, they did spend money on the game after all. As it stands, if you want to access some lost content of GT5 you must resort to unofficial means.
-
So far, my console hasn't exploded upon doing so and no sign of FBI banging down my door. Maybe they could do a special greatest hits version with all that fixed, I'd add that to my library of GT games. Not holding my breath though, we live in an age of disposable products. We can't keep anything we buy very long before it becomes an utterly obsolete relic, "so 2013". Shame on me for playing my GT2 on any given weekend and having fun in a Toyota Starlet (Starlets are Fun!) that I'm not supposed to. "So 1999" LOL

Back